Forum Name: English Electric Canberra PR.9
Forum Description: In-development area
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=27098
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:07pm

Topic: Engine start problem
Posted By: petesmiffy
Subject: Engine start problem
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 11:50am
I just installed the updated version. Before the update things worked pretty well, but now I cannot start the engines. It doesn't matter if I start from C&D, by the book, or click the lightning flash, or press Ctrl-E, whatever combination of JPT control settings, fuel pumps, LP or HP cocks I use the engines start to spool up but as soon as the JPT hits 350, on either engine, the start sequence aborts.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Replies:
Posted By: petesmiffy
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
Okay, solved it myself. Although I tried both with and without pre-loading a default aircraft it made no difference. My default is a C&D Cessna.
The solution was to load the default, then start it up and, then, change to the Canberra. This solves the no start problem.

Posted By: Bodace
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:22am
I have the same issue since SP3, the engines will not start just get stuck in a starting loop, like you I loaded a default flight and switched but this is a bit of a pain to do all the time.

Posted By: Bodace
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 3:19am
Well it seems for me JF add-ons are not to blame for me, I fully uninstalled the Canberra PR9 from the windows control panel programs and features, re-started my PC, Run P3D and loaded my Default P3D flight, once the engines and electrics were all on I positioned the aircraft on a park (I don't like starting on the active) and saved the flight as favourite called New Start and exited P3D, I did another System restart at this point but not too sure if it was necessary and tested P3D with my new start position, once happy it was all fine I exited P3D and re-loaded SP3 with virus protection off, Re-booted the system again and YAY! all works fine, and on the way I seem to have cured a few other minor issues I have with P3D.
I know this is probably what you've already tried but if not give it a go, it's a pain that the default click and fly will be some crap generic LM aircraft but if it cures other problems I'm happy.

Forgot to say I can now choose the PR9 from the start without having to load the default and switch aircraft.

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 9:49am
Good news, thanks for the update. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Print Page | Close Window