This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most memrobale aviation experiance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 10:44pm
Ok, I have not been  totaly honest about my most memorable experiences, I should of added
1) Not securing the fuel cap on the fuel tanks so we leaked feul.
2) Nearly and I mean about inches from clipping wings with a stationary aircraft while attempting to park.
3) Conpleteing my first NavEx and Land away.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 8:05pm
Not securing the fuel cap on the fuel tanks so we leaked feul.
2) Nearly and I mean about inches from clipping wings with a stationary aircraft while attempting to park.
Wow, there quite majour mistakes!  The worst thing I have ever done is forgot to pump the brakes, therefore the aircraft moved forward, but not by too much.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

1) Not securing the fuel cap on the fuel tanks so we leaked feul.

Wow that's quite serious!!  My flying instructor would have given me a stern talking to if I did that!

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

I hate parking it!  I've not (yet) had a problem with that, but I manage to clip the wing mirrors of my car when manouvering in tight spaces, so several feet long wings bolted on either side of me it won't be long before I do something!! Embarrassed Confused

Kind regards,
Tom
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 9:39pm

If you keep your nose wheel on the line, your wing trips should be safe.

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 10:02pm
Admitaly they were quite serious however they were within my firsrt 10 hours, and it gave everyone in the club house a good chuckle!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 12:15am
Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

If you keep your nose wheel on the line, your wing trips should be safe.

Depends how big the parking slot is, and how big the aeroplane is you're parking in it.
Brandyne View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 9:39pm
Hello ....the piper ZS-JUG you flew in 1977 ....it crashed in August 1979 just outside Greytown ...you wouldn't happen to have any info on this incident or know where I may find some ...my uncle was one of the fatalities that day
Brandyne View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 10:27pm
Hello ....the piper ZS-JUG you flew in 1977 ....it crashed in August 1979 just outside Greytown ...you wouldn't happen to have any info on this incident or know where I may find some ...my uncle was one of the fatalities that day
Brandyne View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 3:09am
Hi there.. the piper ZS-JUG you flew in 1977 crashed near greytown in August 1979 on route to Virginia airport from grand central ...would by any chance have any info on the incident or perhaps know where I could find some....my uncle was one of the fatalities that day....
Brandyne
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:48pm
2005 landing at Colmar (LFGA) as a passenger in a Navajo with only two greens lit up. ATC counted three down so the pilot decided to risk the landing. Scary, but I thought I handled it well, didn't get stressed, no worries, cool and calm. We landed safely and we hired a car and drove into town, super cool, calm and collected.
Ten years later I return to Colmar, by road. Outside the airport there is a 12 metre high replica of the Statue of Liberty. I didn't remember that from my previous visit. I asked how long it had been there? Since 2004, I was told. I might have thought that I was calm and collected, but I somehow manged to blank out a 12 metre high statue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic