This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SibWings Safir - Coming soon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SibWings Safir - Coming soon!
    Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 11:46am

The team at SibWings Lab has lovingly re-created this unique Swedish aircraft in exacting detail, all the way from the unique fuselage shape through to the distinctive liveries and the beautifully rendered and detailed Virtual cockpit. The Safir is supplied with a very comprehensive PDF manual.

The Safir is supplied in four very different liveries, both military and civilian. The virtual cockpit is a work of art, and the detail and animations throughout the aircraft are amazing. Each of the four models has a dedicated custom virtual cockpit, and pilots will feel so at home in the VC that no 2D panel is included.

If you want to experience a unique aircraft and are a connoisseur of the very highest quality flight sim aircraft, then step in to the Safir!

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 7:58pm
No 2D panel Shocked
I think I'm going to weep Cry
Luke Roach
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 10:03pm
Out of interest, why would you want a 2D panel when you are being given such a perfect (and very FPS friendly) VC? I have never understood how people can even fly GA aircraft from the 2D view! Its all about visual reference, which can only be gained from a VC viewpoint
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 10:11pm

I feel more at home in the 2D panel.

Plus, the screen's flat so it's not as if you get a "proper" 3D reference. And no matter how zoomed in the VC is the gauges still have less detail than those of the 2D panel.

But mostly, it's because I'm using a small screen so things are hard to see in the VC.
Oh, and framerates can be a problem in FSX if I'm using autogen (even a great VC will undoubtedly have lower FPS than a 2D panel), which I certainly will have to if I'm using GA aircraft.

Don't get me wrong, the VC can be great, but 99% of my cockpit time is in the 2D view.

It sure looks like a great add-on though Tongue
Luke Roach
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 10:54pm
What you need is a TrackIR Luke, then you wouldn't fly anywhere else than the VC!

Cheers
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 4:45pm
Looks a great add-on!  I agree TrackIR is just amazing.  I don't know what I would have done without it!
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 4:54pm
Now if only I had that sort of money!
Luke Roach
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 8:07pm
Check Ebay...  I have seen a few there before.Wink
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:03pm
yay finally a nice modelled swedish training aircraft!Big%20smile just perfect for me!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic