This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back tracking images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back tracking images
    Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:47pm
Hello all,

I'm trying to back-track images from Picasa so I can find the album it came from, I'm just trying to do this for my ICT coursework. I'll give you an example...

http://www.oxfordreference.com/media/images/9346_0.jpg

This link may not be from picasa, but if you click that link, the image is fully displayed, away from the website. With Picasa, the link has the letters IH4/IH3, etc, instead of picasa.com, so I can't just delete the image number, for instance IMG_1.JPG, to look at the album. It's hard to explain but I just need to know how to brack-track the links to the original source. Any body got any suggestions?

Thanks
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 9:49pm
??????

9346_0.jpg is from oxfordreference.com (unless they're doing some funky redirecting on the webserver). The only way you could tell beyond that is to watch outbound connections from your computer and see what else it connects to.

EDIT: What's with Picasa anyway? Here's another spin on this topic: do you understand copyright law?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic