This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My issues with the Arrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchpa32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My issues with the Arrow
    Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 6:55am
I have a couple things I'm seeing after having just bought the Arrow III/IV bundle Wednesday. Any of these been seen by others, reported/resolved?

*Minor, I know, but I am a stickler for realism. All 3 models show a second pitot mast under the right wing. I have never seen this on any Piper low wing. Was this seen on the aircraft used for modeling?

*I'm seeing a 300 RPM drop during mag checks, L & R. I wouldn't fly with this RW, I would taxi back and call my A&P.

*The pitch is much too heavy on this model. I have always preferred the Piper stabilator over the Cessna elevator not only for it's auhority but also it 's lighter feel in pitch.
I have to truly man-handle this model to rotate, then it over-rotates. And in the flare, I cannot stop the nose gear banging down after touch down. This may be more accurate in the T-tail, from what I have heard, but not in the straight-tail (I have several hundred RW hours in straight tail PA-28's and PA-32's).

*If I edit the fuel and/or passenger/baggage load, once done the panel shakes and the airplane rotates very slightly back and forth on the ground. I see this with all three models.

*The logbook is just a big black square on my screen. Unusable.

Now for the good.

The stall behavior is fantastic and as real as I have ever seen in FS It never really breaks, and just mushes down but keeps trying until you lower the AOA and recover, like a real Cherokee. The models are the most realistic PA-28's I've seen in simulation (save the R side piot). And using RW charts, the performance is close. Not spot on, but close enough.

JCH

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:36am
Are you using FSX/P3D or XP11? 

Can you report these to our support team so they can investigate them and get back to you?

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
jchpa32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchpa32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:10am
Martyn,
I am using FSX SP1/2 with Win XP Home. I have submitted these a s a ticket, per your request.
Chris
Mickie Mac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickie Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:00pm
I have owned a number of various PA 28 aircraft. Had a PA-28-201 for a few years with a 3 bladed prop and Just flight's X Plane model fly's and lands just like the real thing. You must keep power up (about 65-70 knots) till your wheels are firmly on the ground. Completely different from my experience in RW warrior, archer or two bladed arrow. Fly's more like a PA 32-301R. Try a no flap, power on landing landing, then try a one notch of flap power on landing. Should get a better result. 

Mickie Mac
Mickie
jchpa32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchpa32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:16pm
Thanks, Mickie
I tried that, still have to trim a lot to keep the nose from banging down, but all in all it is a great simulation of the Arrow. I have put 19 hours on it already.
JCH
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:50am
Originally posted by jchpa32 jchpa32 wrote:

Thanks, Mickie
I tried that, still have to trim a lot to keep the nose from banging down, but all in all it is a great simulation of the Arrow. I have put 19 hours on it already.
JCH

FYI fly the model in P3D and see many of the same issues.  I have about 50 hours, mostly on the T-tail.

I find the pitch trim very difficult to master, and I have cheated using Just Flight's altitude hold several times.  That may be related to the pitch feel you are talking about.

I really like the aircraft though.  50 hours is a lot of sim flying for me in a piston single, in about 6 months time, so that should tell you how much I like the aircraft.
jchpa32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchpa32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:39am
I have done some more flying and find that with a LOT of trim, I can get reasonable landings and keep the nose up somewhat. But it is much more than I am used to using IRL on PA-28's or -32 series aircraft. I can trim to hold altitude fairly well in cruise hands off, but must use HDG on the A/P to keep the wings level due not being able to balance the weight in the seats (see previous post why) and FSX's exaggerated imbalance with even small fuel imbalances (that part not a JF Arrow issue).
That said, yes, I love the sim and have been flying it quite a bit compared to my other singles.
Now if I could just get a good re-paint of the T-tail Arrow.....
JCH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic