This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AirHauler 1 or 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RNAV05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AirHauler 1 or 2
    Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:00pm
Hi Guys,

Been out of the flying loop for a while, but when I flew I was addicted to Air Hauler. 

So what's new with Air Hauler2? Who's flying with the new version and at what stage of development is it at? Thought I would ask in this forum as it looked more active than AH2

Looking forward to feed back

Just another Air-ahaulic
Gary630 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 3:24pm
RNAV05, I am addicted to AH1 and have the AH2, but I just can't get into AH2 like I have AH1.

For me AH2 is just trying to do too much. About every two months I'll download the latest AH2, try it for a day or a week, but it always ends up the same, I uninstall it. It's just my opinion, but I don't care for it. I went back to AH1 and feeling happy about it.

RNAV05 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RNAV05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 2:10am
Just curious as to how you mean "but it always ends up the same"

Forgot I posted this question, hence the long response time like slow FPS on FSX back in 2006. lol

Just another Air-ahaulic
Mr Man View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:04pm
AFAIC AH2 is just "Airport Tycoon" by another name. Also, despite it being released next week, I've had no end of problems with CTDs with it recently (and I tested AH1 for a couple of thousand hours prior to its release, so I'm not new to the franchise).

You might like it - don't know if a demo is planned, I'm pretty sure AH1 didn't have one. Maybe you'll be able to get the manual or watch a YT vid or two and make up your mind.

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Mr Man Mr Man wrote:

AFAIC AH2 is just "Airport Tycoon" by another name. Also, despite it being released next week, I've had no end of problems with CTDs with it recently (and I tested AH1 for a couple of thousand hours prior to its release, so I'm not new to the franchise).

You might like it - don't know if a demo is planned, I'm pretty sure AH1 didn't have one. Maybe you'll be able to get the manual or watch a YT vid or two and make up your mind.

Air Hauler 2 has been in Early Access for a long time, not our intention but that's been the case mainly due to such a positive response to the program which has resulted in much discussion, improvements, new features etc.

It's since become one of our most popular products to date despite only being in Early Access.  New builds have been arriving on a regular basis (something like 70 versions to date) and progress and the scale of the product has exceeded our expectations.

Release of the final version tomorrow and there will be subsequent reviews and customer feedback for you to gauge and check out.

If you opted to purchase and it wasn't for you (very much doubt that) we'll honour you with a full refund.

Hope that helps.

Mr Man View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:34pm
Air Hauler 1 is my choice right now, for several reasons. I don't see any advantage to using v2, but I do see some disadvantages (such as the poor add-on importing where many imports are left with "0" data and also the dropping of the initially stated support for VR, rather than having to use networked mode - so no better than AH1 in that respect, along with the overcrowded UI for those that want to just get on with flying, without all the manufacturing, missions and 'humanitarian' stuff, which seems unhelpful in any case from those I've seen in the pre-release versions).

I've not just popped in from nowhere, I've been following it from the start, with installations and on the EA forum. I'm sorry if you find my opinion is somehow not acceptable, but it is just that, and I'll continue to use what makes sense for me. As for a refund - nice of you to offer, but I bought it in full knowledge of what it was, so I will keep it, and if it at some stage feels right for what I want , then I'll use it. Currently, it doesn't.

Have a nice day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic