This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spit5054 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic Problem
    Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 9:02pm
Hi, everyone I'm back after a couple of years I'm running XP 64bit but I'm having Graphic problems with Dambusters the program starts ok but on the cockpit scene the dashboard is perfect but there's graphic break up on the windscreen long flashing lines
all other sims working perfectly, can you please advise me on what to do. Cliff.    

You can teach monkeys to fly better than that.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:19am
Could be many things. Difficult to say without seeing it. It could just be flickering between VC cockpit elements that's often seen in FSX. Does it stop flickering when you don't pan around the VC.

Do you also get artefacts externally or is it just in the cockpit?

If externally as well, try reducing your Autogen. If externally as well, and you're using the buffer pools tweak, reduce graphical settings like frame rate lock, autogen and water.

Make sure you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your FSX cfg. It's in the [GRAPHICS] section. This is a fix that Microsoft forgot to include.

Just in case it is hardware related, update your graphics card driver. Also check your graphics card temperature when under load, just in case it's an overheating issue. While you're at it, also check your CPU temp under load.

Are all patches installed for this add-on?

If other software is playing up too, it could be the graphics card packing up.
spit5054 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spit5054 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 3:09pm
Thank you Martin you always come up with the answers I'll try what you've suggested and get back to you. Cliff. 
You can teach monkeys to fly better than that.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 5:43pm
Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic