This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TripleHead2Go - Setting up Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Will you be able to undock a view if you're in full-screen mode? Iirc you'll need to be in windowed mode for that to work.

You can still move panels around in full screen mode.
E.G. I can open the 2d panel view on the main monitor, drag the full width 2d panel down to the TH2Go screens, drag the panel across all three.
Open the GPS, drag it over to the TH2Go output, scale it etc. Same with radios, same with throttle panels etc.

The undock option is required in windowed mode because the game is effectively running in a window already. To open panels in their own window so they can be dragged outside of the main window they need to be undocked. Full screen mode works differently in that you can just drag things where you want anyway without the need to undock. They are still in draggable, sizeable dialogs though, you just don't see the normal window borders etc.

With regards seeing the two outputs in FSX then you should have the both there. If windows is now seeing the two outputs as distinct, i.e. you have outputs 1 and 2 enabled,  then you should also see them in the drop down within FSX. You should be able to pick each and set the output resolution separately. If you are not getting that then there is yet still something strange going on. You may want to delete the .cfg file and let it generate a new one, hopefully seeing both outputs.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:09pm
Ahh, ok, I was under the impression that if FSX was running on the "main" display (i.e. the TH2Go/Eyefinity) fullscreen, that you couldn't then drag a panel out of that onto a different monitor which was in a different eyefinity group/desktop.

Hence why something like the VRInsight CDU2 only works in Windowed mode so you can drag the CDU screen out of FS and over onto it's "monitor".

If that's not the case, that'll make life much easier (but I'm stumped as to why the CDU2 doesn't work in fullscreen mode then).

Or do you have to have monitor #4 as a desktop extension of the 1/2/3# "monitor"?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:22pm
I'm not sure why they say it must be windowed mode - did think it was because of the resolution, I know those that use USB driven monitors sometimes have to enable them after FSX has loaded because it won't recognise nor start with them enabled beforehand because the resolution is to small.

In my case, the two outputs are normal windows 1 & 2, i.e. extended desktop. In FS you get the two outputs listed in the graphics card setup drop down and can set an independent game resolution for each.

This is an old pic' of my setup...

3d pit view on the TH2Go with the 2d panel dragged onto the other output together with the GPS, radios etc. Have done it the other way as well.
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:30pm
Hi MM,

I have set the FSX resolution to 3024x768x16 for the Th2G Unit (that is all that is available).

The main monitor is running 1280x1024, as it always has.

Whilst I can run everything in full screen, and drag between displays, the scenery is ONLY display on the main monitor, not stretched across the Th2G displays.

If I undock the main display, I can freely drag between the monitors, but it does NOT stretch.

How do you get it to stretch?

AASmile

Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 10:38pm
You need to get FSX to take the TH2Go output as the main screen. Probably switching the primary display as far as windows is concerned to the TH2Go would do this (you switch the taskbar and start menu over to the other) but I didn't want that because I wanted the windows login screen to open on the main monitor as well as run other games on the single screen.

I think I did this by dragging the main fsx dialog window (when it first starts) to the TH2Go output then closing the program. On opening again it then opens on that output and treats that as the primary display.
You could also try switching to windows view (alt-enter), dragging the outputs as you want, then switching back to full screen.

You should be able to run 32bit colour as well, check it's not down the bottom of the selection list
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic