This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Myair Italy gone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Myair Italy gone
    Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 10:23am
I wonder if this the start for another round of bankruptcies. 

Myair To Cease Flying Tonight

Thursday, July 23, 2009

AviationWeek.com

Financial troubles prompt suspension of air operator certificate; airline had already been flying on temporary license

Myair's air operator certificate has been suspended by Italian aviation authorities owing to the airline's financial troubles.

The Venice-based, low-fare carrier, which operates Bombardier CRJ900s and Airbus A320s, therefore must cease flying at midnight, Italy's civil aviation authority, ENAC, says. The airline was already operating on a temporary license owing to concerns over its financial health.

ENAC says it took the measure because Myair was not running smooth air operations and failed to respond to a July 21 request to put things in order within 24 hours. The airline failed to provide information on cash flow or efforts to recapitalize, the Italian authorities note.

The airline is a member of the European Low Fares Airline Association.

Ironically, Myair.com has had a note posted from Chairman Carlo Bernini to passengers that says, "As I enter the world of civil aviation, some people, while offering the ritual congratulations and best wishes, are also drawing my attention to the fact that this may not be the best season to do so. From a certain point of view, they may be right."

Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic