This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just another job in Paradise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just another job in Paradise
    Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 1:02am
The margaritas from last night were still causing a vague pounding in my head when my alarm went off. Time to head down to the shack to take another bunch of cargo down to Greneda.

Poking my head out the window, it looked to be another fine day in the Grenadines.

Two hours later, I found myself taxiing out of the ramp with the 1900 nearly fully loaded.

Since this is a rather short strip, I figured I better use every inch I could get out of it. Yow--that was a tight turn!

The engines at full power, I climbed up into the humid morning sky

Turning on course for St. George

I made a mental note to bring my boat back over here on my day off to try and get some lobster at this scuba spot.

A few clouds made themselves known but nothing to keep me from my destination

Turning left base

Lined up on final

One last check--gear down--three green. A bit high on final, better lose some of that power.

Time to unload this stuff so I can head back north for another load.

VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 2:09am
Great shots as always Brian.

What is the aircraft (Beech 1900 perhaps), and where can I get it?

Malcolm
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 2:30am
It's the PMDG B1900C for FS2004.

It can be imported into FSX, which is what I've done. One of my co-workers flies this plane (whereas I fly the Metroliner) and we've put a number of tweaks to the cfg file to make this plane more realistic. I also made a pop-up window for the AI and HSI which I think is kinda cool.Smile

It's a great plane, especially for AH, in my humble opinion.
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 2:41am
Thanks for that!
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 4:11am

Nice pics

Al

hobofat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobofat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 8:10am
Great pics Brian!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 10:55am
Brilliant!  Love the landing shot.
chelseamad View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chelseamad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 8:16pm
Another great set of pics Brian. Thumbs%20Up

Steve
mykl8180 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykl8180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 9:34pm
Hi Brian,

Great pics...  Do you think you post the AH specs for the 1900?  I am looking at purchasing on myself, and I was just looking for some more info.

Thanks.
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 10:04pm
Hi Mike,

Here's the stats from my Aircraft Details, of that's what you're looking for;

Note that the range is totally wrong--I artificially lowered that parameter so AH would create shorter legs for me.

Btw, I'm thinking about trying a new livery for this outfit but I haven't created anything that really wows me. Here are a couple of rough ideas;

mykl8180 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykl8180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:22pm
Brian,

Thanks for the info.  I appreciate it.

Mike
hobofat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobofat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:06pm
Brian,

I vote for the first proposed redesign, it feels a lot less busy than the second one, nice lines.  I would do different colors, but that's all just personal preference, whatever floats yer boat, er, holds aloft your airplane!
v1cut View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v1cut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:24am

My wife used to fly the sewer tube for Ameriflight.  Where are you based?  Burbank?

Tony
ATP/CFI/CFII/MEI

The pilot who teaches himself has a fool for a student.
— Robert Livingston
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:48am
Sewer tube? Ugh. Ouch

I'm based in Oakland.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic