This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX Graphic Card Driver Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX Graphic Card Driver Problem
    Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:44pm
Hi,

This is a long shot! But hopefully someone here may be able to help.

Quite some time ago, around early 2015 as far as I remember, I was having issues with FSX, which as far as I can remember related to FSX crashing when using the menu bar. (it may have been an intermittent problem?). From research I discovered that an update graphics card driver was the problem and it was recommended to not update the driver beyond a certain version. I have an AMD Radeon HD 7800 series and am now using driver version 14.501.1003.0 dated 20/11/14 having rolled back from an update, and keeping the old driver resolved the problem.

Using the old driver has not been an issue up to now, but having bought Train Sim World from JF for Christmas I may need to update the driver. In under two weeks of installing TSW I've got two errors preventing the game loading. When I logged this with Dovetail - Steam Support I was told that the old driver may be a problem.

So, in short! Does anyone here remember the issue I mentioned from 2014, and do they know if this was fixed in more recent version of the driver?

Regards,

Tony

Regards,

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic