This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviation Blog, Help me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AliciaSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aviation Blog, Help me!
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:29am
Hello guys! I hope you are all doing well. I'm working on an aviation blog and I only have a couple of years of experience in the sector. 

I'm just wondering what posts you guys would find interesting - what stuff would you find really attractive to read and so on! I'd appreciate any ideas - so please let me know! Thank you all. 
I prefer Family Guy even though I am a Simpson.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:08pm
One topic that I often find interesting is real-world ops for certain aircraft, e.g. common routes, which feature to use in which situation and so on.
This is covered quite well for jet airliners, but often hard to find for other aircraft (GA, business jets, cargo, vintage aircraft, motor glider, ...)
AliciaSimpson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliciaSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:41am
Hello! Thank you very much for your reply - my delegate has written these blogs for example;

https://blog.flock.aero/operating-lfsm-slots-permits-ground-handling-services
https://blog.flock.aero/operating-to-indonesia-wajr-war-slots-permits-ground-handling-services
https://blog.flock.aero/operating-ang-lfbu-slots-permits-ground-handling-services

Is this what you are referring to? Or would you think if we were to specify what aircraft it is exactly we are operating it would be even more useful? 

Looking forward to your reply!
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:25am
While those posts sound interesting in general, they are not what I was looking for.

But ground operations is a good start, one blog topic could be about using aircraft lights on the ground.
With cars I know when to use high beams (I want to see far ahead) and when to switch to low beam (but there is oncoming traffic).
But with aircraft I'm not always so sure, so I rely on external information like these:
https://bruceair.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/use-of-aircraft-lights-guidance-from-the-aim-and-advisory-circulars/
http://c-aviation.net/aircraft-lights-when-to-use/

But I've heard that usage of lighting differs between different regions (or just airports?), and above information may need to be consolidated a bit. Maybe even create a diagram or checklist-like thing?

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliciaSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:46am
That sounds very interesting! I understand what you are asking for now - I will look into this and do as much research as I can, hopefully I will have an exciting blog to post about this topic very soon.

I will come up with a couple of ideas, including how lights should work in different airports and for different aircrafts.

What would you say are the most famous aircrafts / airports to talk about?

If you don't mind, I would love to be able to share it with you once it is posted - and get your opinion on whether or not you find it useful. 

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this, I really value your opinion!
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:14am
For aircraft I'd say those for which advanced flight sim add-ons exist:
For GA maybe: A2A C172/C182, Flysimware C441/MU2B/L35A, JustFlight C152/PA-28R, MilViz C310R
Some larger vintage aircraft: A2A B377/L049, PMDG DC6
(of course this list is incomplete!)
A follow-up article could discuss this for seaplanes, helicopters, gliders, and maybe military.

For airports I'd suggest not just going for the most famous, but have some variety in size (untowered, single runway, multiple runways) and region (US/FAA, Europe, Asia). Again, availability of good flight sim scenery would be nice here.

Please send me a link when you have a post (or just a draft), and, if the moderators allow it, post it here, too.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliciaSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:21am
That's a lot of information to take in! Alright so this is what I'm going to do - I will pick a particular aircraft and airport, and do my research based on those two options. I will have the final blog post written based on the information gathered from the research and have the final draft ready to take your opinion on it.

Once again, I really appreciate this idea as I feel I can generate dozens of blog posts now based on this theme. It sounds extremely useful and insightful and definitely something that would provide real value to our readers.

ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:37pm
Sounds good, I'm looking forward to read it :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic