This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado SP3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DazEley92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:11pm
I am in probably a VERY small group of customers who although cannot physically fly the Tornado do not want a refund either (Just Yet) the model quality looks great, so i guess i am just going to bare with you guys for the short haul and hope the performance issue can be resolved for those with just capable machines! Like others have said the model surely cannot be over complex or too power hungry for FSX as for example Iris F-15E runs well over 30FPS on my system and it is packed with 4096x4096 HD textures and plenty of features and 2 VC's, 

All Said, Good luck with SP3 
mcfly971 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcfly971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 5:52pm
any news on the SP3?  Question
mcfly971 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcfly971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by mcfly971 mcfly971 wrote:

any news on the SP3?  Question

i guess not Wink
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 9:08am
What sort of news were you looking for? It's a binary thing - it's either being worked on, or it's been released. Currently it's in the "being worked on" state, and as soon as it's not it will be released. 
conrex1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrex1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 11:35am
Maybe a time frame of when it will be released? Think most people are sick of waiting since the aircraft is not flyable at the moment and it's been out for months. The only reason I haven't asked for a refund yet is because I love the aircraft in reality and I'm hoping SP3 will solve the problems everyone is having...
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:59pm
Although you may be having problems with the Tornado on your PC (as may some others), using words like most, sick and not flyable is probably a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? As is referring to problems that everyone is having.
triplemurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:39pm
Well out of the 4 people now involved in this conversation, I am sick of waiting, the other guy is sick of waiting, the other guy is asking questions and you seem fine to wait without any further info or updates for an indefinable amount of time. So 3/4 of people (which I would class as most) are sick of waiting with no further updates or information. As for the aircraft being "unflyable" well that's the case for me. I have a mild grumble about framerates but my major problem which nobody seems to want to talk about is the poor quality HUD, so for me it is about as enjoyable to fly, as a car where the steering wheel has been replaced with a jammy dodger, it may still be "driveable" but its not really what I was expecting when I handed over my cash.
On that note I find the response from JF member Rich rude to say the least and as so I am 1 week away from asking for a refund. Its a simple question, any sort of time frame would have been nice, a quick roundup of what SP3 will (attempt to) fix, any information would have been good information. But no, that was too hard and the response given seemed to suggest, if its not been released then its not ready dick head. Or did I read that wrong?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 5:08pm
I think you've read too much into my reply. 
It's currently impossible to give you a date when it will be ready. I'm hoping that it's going to be ready to go out to the beta testers by the end of this week. However, depending on how this week goes that is not certain. The testers will then have it for a week and after that week it could be ready for release. On the other hand, something major might come up and that time-frame could get extended. That extension could be a lot or a little, who knows at this point. I could get ill tomorrow and be off for two weeks, or the boss could call and say he needs something doing urgently that I need to take care of first. 
So, We're not being purposely oblique when we say we can't give a date at the moment. We genuinely cannot give anything firm currently. I used to be very keen on giving dates, but every time I give an honest guesstimate of x weeks and it slips past that date, we have another load of angry forum messages saying we lied about the date. 

I can give you the change log of things I've worked on so far, but others have also worked on it and I won't have the full list of changes until it goes into beta, so it's not a definitive list at the moment and there are other fixes to be added, but for what it's worth:

Moving map positioning corrected
Map now configurable using the left TV screen.
2D TV screens no longer need to be full screen and can now be resized (available in front-seat configuration only).
HUD Mach display
HUD positioning adjusted
Steady/flashing lights added
Jettison panel fixed, and functionality added to 2D panel.
ZA465 pylon texture fixed
ASSTA3 corrupted texture fixed.
Incorrect VSI value on variometer when in Radar Height mode corrected.
AFDS bite guard animation fixed.
Jettison panel animation fixed
Bank to the left issue fixed

Although, if it's not released then it's not ready would seem to be a sensible assumption. We are working flat out on it and it will be released as soon as is humanly possible. 

triplemurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 5:51pm
I may well have read too much into your reply, but only due to the complete lack of useful information it conveyed. This new reply is far far better and you have clarified everything I could have hoped to know (and probably answered many ((/an immeasurable quantity of)) other folks questions to. I now know we are not talking mere days away, but weeks. I can stop looking in this forum every other day for an update or the service pack itself. You have answered my HUD issue (although I would still like to know if it will become clearer to read). I know you will still get people asking in 2-3 weeks from now if anything more solid can be suggested for a release date, but if another update like this pops up it will put peoples minds to rest. I for one don't demand a concrete date for the release, I would rather the time needed be taken to get it right, rather than rush out another incomplete fix. If the beta goes tits up then I think all you need to do is a progress report and let us all know its going to be longer. The saying "no news is good news" definitely does not apply here. Any news is good news.
Hope you guys get it sorted right. I'm sure you will eventually. Good luck,
Karl1464 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl1464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:40pm

mcfly971 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcfly971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:58am
i am not sick of anyone, and i dont want to sound digusting to anyone.  i just asked about week ago, and there was no answer until i added that little smily face.
i red a lot of topics and comments about what would be coming in the SP3, but then somehow everything got pretty calm here.
no reason for trouble
mcfly971 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcfly971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 1:02am
just to finish my post: to me the aircraft ist almost good. i just miss the thrust reverser sound
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 9:33am
Hey McFly,

The thrust reverser sound will be restored in the next update.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hey McFly,

The thrust reverser sound will be restored in the next update.

Hi Rich,

That's a good looking list of fixes for SP3. Presumably all the other missing sounds will be restored as well?

Thanks for your efforts and the outstanding support for this product. Thumbs Up

Cheers

Kevin
Leonard1671 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard1671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 11:38am
Just checking when are we getting service pack 3?
I have not loaded SP2 yet because of all the bugs still.Any updates to SP2 fixes.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 11:39am
Hopefully next week, but it depends on how the testing goes over the next few days. 
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard1671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 1:13pm
Thanks, keep up the good work. 
The jet sim still flies good for me,10 -15 FPS in the cockpit,but I am looking for a few extra FPS to get me to turn on the VC guages a bit more or even get to see my wings again rather than have invisible ones and also to use the rear cockpit.Currently everything is turned off to maximise the speed factors when flying through the UK.

Hope SP3 is the one that doesn't have bugs still like the SP2 was with the reverse thrust sound issue.

GR1 is brilliant any chance of a Jaguar GR model from you guys or have you just gone white with me mentioning such a thing.

FSX has no real flyable Jag's 

captain vodka View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 2:40pm
some might say it doesn't have any flyable Gr1 Tonkas yet neither. . Shocked

Whoahhh steady there keyboard warriors!Ouch
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard1671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 3:05pm
Yes we wait for more positive news about all the bugs for our non flying tonka drivers
Sp3 still no news I take it
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Leonard1671 Leonard1671 wrote:

Sp3 still no news I take it

..........other than confirming the beta testers are using it every day and have had the second release candidate for a week now. Getting close in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic