This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by oleandreasen oleandreasen wrote:

I do believe that this specific problem was described in the support section of the DC-8, and had to do with you needing Admin rights for installation. See the text from the support section 

<h6 style="margin: 0px 0px 0.25em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb56, 64, 103; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; line-height: normal; : rgb246, 246, 250;">• <strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">I have just installed the DC-8 and all I can see is the wings and engines, the fuselage does not appear.<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; line-height: 1.5em;"><strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">

</h6><p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb56, 64, 103; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb246, 246, 250;">This is likely to be a security failure occurring during installation. Please uninstall the DC-8 and then re-download it from your Just Flight account making sure to <strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">save the file rather than <strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">run if prompted. You can retrieve all of your downloads in the ‘My Account’ section under the ‘Payment Details’ tab of the Just Flight website. The installation file should be in your downloads folder or on your desktop.

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb56, 64, 103; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; : rgb246, 246, 250;">Now, please disable your antivirus software and begin the installation by right clicking on the 'DC-8' installation icon and selecting 'Run as Administrator

Hi,

This is exactly what I have done now three times without success. I run W XP, so no option to run ss admin.
staxx View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 3:38pm
One thing that I can think of is that there is something wrong with the initial password file placed somwhere on the PC. Anyone know where this file is placed inorder to remove that one and reinstall from scratch? Now when I reinstall, I dont need to fill in any password, so there has to be some kind of licence file placed somwhere.
SRUIZ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRUIZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 4:48pm
It it just me or are other people getting frame rates in the lower teens. I can't imagine these frame rates for a VC panel that looks like something from FS9. 
I'm running FSX Acceleration with SP2 installed. My processor is a I7 920 2.67 GHz.
I really want to like this product. For a DC-8 I am willing to accept outdated graphics (that don't match those on the website screen shots) but I can't if my sim turns into a slide show. 
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by SRUIZ SRUIZ wrote:

It it just me or are other people getting frame rates in the lower teens. I can't imagine these frame rates for a VC panel that looks like something from FS9. 
I'm running FSX Acceleration with SP2 installed. My processor is a I7 920 2.67 GHz.
I really want to like this product. For a DC-8 I am willing to accept outdated graphics (that don't match those on the website screen shots) but I can't if my sim turns into a slide show. 

What on earth do you mean by that?
staxx View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 10:25pm
One thing that I noticed this time when I unistalled the DC8 from the Add/Remove programs in the Control panel, was that it indicates that the whole program is only 33 MB? Why this when the installer is 541 MB?

I now tried five times to remove and reinstall the program with new installers and with the antivirus disabled, without success.

I also have the Tristar, and I do not have any issues with that plane.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by SRUIZ SRUIZ wrote:

Hi SRUIZ. If you have FSX Acceleration you do not need to have SP2 installed. However, I have Acceleration and like you have wild fluctuations in frame rates.
Must Fly!
SRUIZ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRUIZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 12:27am
Hello Hifly
I've reduced the level of detail in the graphics and I'm getting a little better performance, but not much. Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one with this problem. Ill keep playing with my setting
Voice of reason. Don't get upset. Next to the L-1011 and 146, these graphics are a step backwards. But of these products run great on my system with graphic details full up. Even the PMDG 737NGX runs great without the need to tune down the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to finally get a DC-8 in FSX, But, If I need to tune down the detail to run the DC-8 smoothly, then my enjoyment of this plane will be adversely affected.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:48am
Don't forget! You can send all of your issues and feedback to our tech support team so that we can help to resolve and also pass the feedback onto the developer.

The issue with the DC-8 engines and wings only showing is known.
Jeremyh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 9:06pm
I would not try this it does not work. This aircraft Just Flight now tells me is not suitable for XP even so they sold it as being suitable and tested on XP machine. Ask for a refund.
Jeremy
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 9:53pm
It needsa service pack for sure I added a 2d panel with autopilot etc. makes a huge difference in flying it and seems to improve fps even if not using 2d panel kind of stumped by that one. I just use the 2d panel for the autopilot. The test views somebody posted huge improvement also.             
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:26pm

Jesse,

The flap travel speed is an easy adjustment if you are happy to edit the aircraft config file.

Somewhere over half way down you will see:

[flaps.0]
extending-time=10.0000

If you alter the figure to 30.000 (or whatever else you like) the lowering and raising speed will be slowed by 1/3rd.

Looks much nicer to me, but I have no idea what the real rate should be.
Dave H
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:38pm
How did you manage to create a 2d autopilot window? I've been trying, but no luck yet.
tony
FV
jdetrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdetrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:03pm
If I remember correctly, flap travel from position to position was about 10 seconds.  Enough time for you to think "trim one two three", because you needed a bunch of trim with flap movement.  As far as a separate autopilot panel, I use the one from the Historic Jetliners group.  It works just fine.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 9:38am
With the Historic Jetliner 2D Panel, the Altitude setting goes to 60000 feet when I touch the /- altitude wheel. Any idea why? tc
FV
jdetrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdetrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 12:18pm
Do you mean the vertical speed goes to 6000 ft?  The HJG panel works very much like the real world autopilot. When you are flying, after you clean up after takeoff, establish a climb of about 2000 fpm with a pitch attitude of about 10 degrees.  Adjust your power as required to maintain this, then place the autopilot on.  The V/S wheel will automatically be set at that position.  In the real world the aircraft was flown in a similar way.  Remember this is a first generation jet with an autopilot that does not have the same capabilities as a newer autopilot.  In the climb and descent with the autopilot engaged, one flew the aircraft with your hand on the vertical speed wheel at all times.  You did not dial an altitude/VS to capture like a modern jet.  In all aspects this was a "hands on airplane".

When using the HJG panel, each mouse click in either way adjusts the vertical speed by 500ft.  When you get to within 1000 ft of your target altitude slow your rate of climb/descent to 1000 fpm.  When within 500 ft slow to 500 fpm.  Gradually ease to your target altitude, at that time the V/S wheel should be in the center detent.  That center detent is the altitude hold.  Unlike newer jets, this one would not capture an altitude by itself.   I hope by now you are getting the hint that one had to be constantly engaged and focused on flying this aircraft.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 1:44pm
I am referring to the Altitude window, not the VS window. When I try to set an altitude with the mouse, the altitude numbers jump to 60000 feet! This is with the HJ 2d panel.
tc
FV
commercialjets View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialjets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 7:52pm
Anyone know what could be my problem? On the 50 and 60 series aircaft only the wings and engines are visible, on the 70 series everything is fine, anybody know a fix?
Thanks
Raif537 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raif537 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:57pm
Hi..My problem is that the Airline titles aren't on the fuselage..just the livery..I'm running the 10-40 series. 
speedbird438 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird438 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:14pm
Hi, yes I get this every other week recently. The only fix for me is to reinstall it..but I'm having to do this every other week. The only things I can think of are Win 1064 updates. I recently installed PMDG 744 and had issues after.

When the problem occurs - there's just the wings and engines - nothing else. I'd be quite interested in knowing what's causing this reoccurring problem.
Over 20 year FlightSim P3DV4, XP11 FSX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic