This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L1011 A Couple of Easy Fixes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L1011 A Couple of Easy Fixes
    Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 5:38pm
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to give back to the flight sim community with this contribution that I have not found in here yet. First is the ALTITUDE HOLD problem of the L1011 whether on final approach, descent, or just thermals. I have had to do this with many other aircraft over the years.
     1) Make a BACKUP of your Aircraft.CFG file.
     2) Go to the following :
           [pitot_static]
           vertical_speed_time_constant = 1                                                                                                        //Increasing this value will cause a more     instantaneous reaction in the VSI
     3) Change the 1 to a HIGHER NUMBER! I use 10 as it is a good feel for me.. You can set it as high as 999 that I know of... but 10 keeps me happy with my use of weather programs to keep thermals manageable.

The next issue is for the New User trying to ALIGN the INS system in this aircraft. I spent a few hours looking for this answer as to why it would not go below 75% verification for me. Here it is.

Do NOT enter the very LAST number in your Coordinates! If your Coordinates are N30.11.63 and W111.58.67, Enter the following:
     Insert N30116 InsertW111586Insert

I really hope this helps some of the new pilots with the L1011.
     I Thank You Just Flight for this wonderful aircraft that I have been looking for since Mike Stone's Airplane from FS 2002. I Use it ALMOST exclusively. Big smile

(Just a note for those with drawing problems: REDUCE the load on Flight Simulator! This is an extremely detailed bird, and resources need to be free to deal with it.)

Thanks again Just Flight as a new customer.

Draggin- Microsoft FS since #1 with a Commodore Shocked
Alexein View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 10:16pm
Thanks Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic