This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I improve water texture in FSX?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 12:22pm

Hi Martin: Thanks for all this advice, I fixed my H2o textures, as you can see by my screenies, I decided to Google my way to an answer and of course after trying to read all kinds of technical jargon that didn't seem English; I stumbled across Antialiazing having to be checked ( Ticked) Mine wasn't, So as you can see it did the trick both in day and night-time.

As for FEX I'll wait and see; As I mention in above I HAD FSGLOBALX2008 installed and that alone slowed me down a lot,very notisable drop in frames ( I have mine locked in FSX.cfg at 20 and is realy smooth flying even for G-max addons; But I installed Aerofiles texture Booster Pack FSX and that really shot me down, nothing worked after that, had to reinstall FSX and all.  To top it all I'm a donkey with computers and I'm not sure if mine will handle it and how FSX will behave after installation...There always SO! Much to be learned about FSX

As you can see by my specs I am short og Gigs already, but running...Thanks!
Dell Vostro 220 Pendium Dual Core.

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:06pm
Surprised Flight Sim Global effected your frames. The previous version had no effect at all.

Happy simming.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:26pm
Quote my next purchase actually and there's a weather engine to be released for it soon. Free!

My understanding is that they will be released together in one package??

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 2:28pm
I noticed: When you,I installed it, it installs using the settings you have for FSX, the more the sliders are to the right the more my frames suffered...
And as is mentioned before maybe my machine is a tad small 1Gig.too little. In order to run all of these addons properly...I had a drop from 20 to 13-16 FPS. And it was notisable and the sim took for ever to load, of course FS GLOBALX 2008 is 13GB'S more to load or maybe it was the G.C that couldn't handle it? This I don't know? All I know is that it run like ...p! after I installed Aerofiles Texture Booster Pack FSX which is an Islandic product,(Freeware) "everything" went haywire and it became impossible to fly; That's why I uninstalled I suffered of all the "compatibility and known issues" described on the last page of the Important read me folder that comes with the product; But it did look good!

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

Quote my next purchase actually and there's a weather engine to be released for it soon. Free!

My understanding is that they will be released together in one package??

Best regards,
Vulcan.
FEX is already out Pointy. The weather generator will be released when ready. They only relesed the environment bit first  so that we could benfit from it now, rather than have to wait.
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:30pm

Berlopez: The reason for the slight drop in FPS is due to the more complex mesh which puts more of a load on the CPU. Also do you notice the same amount of FPS drop when flying over North America? I was just wondering because on FS Global 2008 it says;

Quote NOTE FOR FSX USERS: The default FSX North American region contains high res terrain data and users will not see any improvement using FS Global in this area.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 7:28pm
Yes Matt N:Thanks for joining!My screenshot of the CRJ is leaving  JFK in New York even without FS GLOBAL X it demands a lot of my system. The frames drop to 16-17 and it definatly is notisable: the complexity of the scenery there really eats the frames. I can only say with certainty that New York (Area) certainly does. But this is something one has to try oneself with ones personal addons (airplanes) as I believe G-max models will really have an effect on the FPS.

Experiment...ExperimentApprove

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic