This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 2nd Fleet - Tom Cutter Aviation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hero540 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hero540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 2nd Fleet - Tom Cutter Aviation
    Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 4:07am
Sorry to ressurect a dead thread here, but could you please give me the model names of those aircraft? I love older planes, and have been looking for some good freighters, other than the gorgeous DC-3
Elsan Neddy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elsan Neddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:21pm
Hi Yardman

PM your address and I will send you my spare paperback.

Cheers

Frank
Yardman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:19am
I'll look out for that book!
Elsan Neddy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elsan Neddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:39pm

My 2nd fleet was based on the Nevil Shute novel Round the Bend. After WW2 Tom Cutter buys a second hand DH Fox Moth and flies to the Persian Gulf to see if he can get some charter work from the oil companies. By an extraordinary series of events he soon builds up a hansome fleet of freigters with a route network going from the Persian Gulf through Burma, the Dutch East Indies to Australia.

An excellent book, which I first read 50 years ago. Great to play out the scenario in AH.

You may or may not agree with my choice of aircraft to play the parts of Basing Airtruck, Plymouth Tramp and Cornell Carrier.

Cheers Frank

AKA Elsan Neddy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic