Forum Description: Air Hauler 1 discussion area
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7268
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:28pm

Topic: Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update
Posted By: Killieboy64
Subject: Suggestion Box - Ideas for next version/update
Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 3:45pm
Could I suggest one also:

On the fleet screen show minimum runway A/H has dictated for this a/c type.

This will stop people accepting jobs they can't fly to.

Replies:
Posted By: Killieboy64
Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 4:14pm
Just thought of another one:

Countdown to next promotion for self and/or AI pilots in number of jobs.

Will helps planning aircraft upgrades.

Posted By: KingPenguinUK
Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 6:15pm
@thaellar Not sure on that weather one, I don't use MS's weather system, I use REX's which still does same thing but on a slightly better level (and soon to be better when REX2.0 comes out) so forcing AH to tell FSX to use its own weather could be hassle "

Couple Ideas I'd like too see...

More Intergration with FSUICP.DLL
I'd be nice if you could actually browse jobs while ingame, maybe restrict it too airport your at or within maybe 20nm radius. Just found that having to shut down FSX then restart it to find another job can be a little annoying :p epsecially if you have alot of addon's that slow the FSX boot up time (ie scenery)

Passengers !
I'd like to see passengers become intergrated too, but problem I see with that idea is to really to intergrate a realistic passenger system you kinda have to go down the same lines as FSPassengers where you have to worry about how your passengers are doing in relation to how your flying and providing inflight entertainment/food etc. But that comes down to how realistic you want your sim experiance to be.. brings me to idead 3

Harder difficulty - following FAA rules etc
At the moment I'm slowly earning money in my 172 in career mode, what I'd like to see is an option to make AH doing checks to make sure your not breaking taxi speed limits, making sure your contacting Air Traffic to be it a Tower or just the Traffic Frequency (depending where you are).. something along those lines anyway.

AI changes
Seems alot of people just send their AI out on constan 24/7 jobs, be nice to add in factors where your AI pilots have to have at least XX amount of sleep before they can do more jobs, and if your not letting them get sleep they become liablites and chances of aircraft taking damage due to poor handling by AI pilot increases more and more the less sleep they've had. Maybe give them a little more so called "personality" where maybe some pilots won't fly to certain parts of the world etc. (theres alot I think that can be added to the AI system)

Random Aircraft Failures
NOt sure how exactly the failures work in AH, I'm guessing if you keep it fully 100% repaired and do nice take offs and geaser landings all the time your not going to get any system failures. An exampler of this is  "hull depressurisation" Your carring some live cargo (animals or even passengers if you add that in) and hull depressurises, you gotta think fast to save the cargo (or passengers). Things like that would be great :)

-------------

Posted By: Mustang
Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by KingPenguinUK KingPenguinUK wrote:

Random Aircraft Failures
NOt sure how exactly the failures work in AH, I'm guessing if you keep it fully 100% repaired and do nice take offs and geaser landings all the time your not going to get any system failures.

You can get system failures even with a perfectly maintained and looked after aircraft. I had a directional indicator fail after about 10 hours on my Cherokee, which has been treated with the utmost care! :)

I would like to see more enhanced failures, even perhaps as far as engine failures, provided AH made an allowance for it so that it didn't cripple a company.

One suggestion from me:

Improved rank system
The ranks are very incidental and somewhat irrelevant at the moment. On career mode I'm already qualified up to 55,000 lbs MTOW after just 20 completed jobs and about 20 hours of flying, but can only afford to lease something that's a small fraction of that. AH is already quite a challenge with the running of the business, the managing of the finances, but it's not really a challenge when it comes to improving rank in order to buy bigger aircraft.  Perhaps it should be based on hitting certain performance goals as well as number of jobs completed. But a difficult one to work out, without the risk of the player becoming 'stuck' at a low rank.

Of course, it should be optional anyway, as not everybody wants limitations placed upon them except the financial ones.

Posted By: Beetle
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:11am
I occasionally on multiplayer, helping a friend build his company. What i would like to see is an option to load in multiplayer rather than having to exit the flight then load multiplayer. I understand that you would still have to open your room and things of that nature, but it would be easier if that were an option.

Also when he encounters a failure, the failure is not recognized on my end, so if I continue to fly the plane, there is no problem. Don't know if that's something that can be done.

Also exiting FS every time you need to find another job, can sometimes be a hassle, especially during multiplayer.

We both have AH installed.

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:14am
Something else that i forgot to put in my last post, is the ability to jointly build a company, the same company on two computers, sending data between the two manually. I'm almost positive that's impossible but it would be awesome. 

Posted By: BadCarma
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:30am
Failures like bird strikes and icing issues would be nice to.. Id also like to see AI pilots affecting rep positively as well as neg. after all they are part of the company< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Posted By: hermit825
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 7:33am
I would like to see more business options like advertising which would increase jobs....or being able to focus on dedicated contracts... IE 40 tons per week of groceries to remote mining camps else they starve!! :) for 6 mo or 2 yrs whatever...and being able to assign an AI pilot to handle the account...... cut rate mail contracts in competetion with other freight dogs.... and the ability to have "hubs" where exotic wines from france can be brought in on the 747's and be dropped of at the break bulk centers and have smaller a/c distribute the shipment to the smaller communities.... maybe even a multiplayer "universe" online where we can compete together! or allie with another player....

-------------
Dinomite Bill

Posted By: KingPenguinUK
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 11:01am
Beetle you could fly multiplayer if you want.. just don't use the ingame browser, use something like VATSIM where once your up and loaded via usual AH route, you then use either FSInn or SB to connect, I think this way is alot better than the Gamespy route... you won't get AI traffic the traffic you see is real world traffic from other people around the world (talking quite a few hundred.) theres a plugin on the VATSIM page that lets you view all the flights happening as they are via Google Earth :) well worth looking at.

-------------

Posted By: Hendrix
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:15pm
I got a suggestion, I bet its been mentioned before.

Recurring Contractors.

You take a long term contract and have a set quota to fly every week.

-------------
CargoScan CEO

Posted By: johnny198712
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:58pm
Hi,
My thoughts are to bring a little more realism into the A1 pilots situation. Already mentioned is the hours they can operate before a rest period. AH is already monitoring flight times towards 100 hour checks, so realy I assume its not a lt different from that.

In addition, once you get beyond the size of a Caravan etc, in the real world you will have 2 pilots per aircraft. In the game as it stands now earning money for the pilots wages is relatively minor, so manpower is not an issue, but if you add these two ideas into the product. It will make the programming quite a bit more complicated, but probably a lot more realistic. The degree of difficulty would really go up.

I'm not a computer buff, so I have no idea whether this would work, or perhaps the degree of difficulty this would take it too would not be acceptable for a lot of people, but presumably this could be intigrated int the Career mode type operation.

Just sme thoughts from an ex pilot who is enjoying the game.

John

Posted By: Slopey
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:05pm
Quote I occasionally on multiplayer, helping a friend build his company. What i would like to see is an option to load in multiplayer rather than having to exit the flight then load multiplayer. I understand that you would still have to open your room and things of that nature, but it would be easier if that were an option.

It's not possible to do that from an external application using FSUIPC - you have to start the multiplayer "game" manually.

Also when he encounters a failure, the failure is not recognized on my end, so if I continue to fly the plane, there is no problem. Don't know if that's something that can be done.

There's no provision for that in FSX I'm afraid.

Also exiting FS every time you need to find another job, can sometimes be a hassle, especially during multiplayer.

No way around that I'm afraid. Flight Sim tends to crash, or not let you use the new flight plan if there's one already loaded. Only reliable way to do it is to close it down and relaunch it. You could get round it by telling AH it's running in "WideFS" mode - it'll want you to position the aircraft, and then you tell AH that it's ready. But then you won't get the flight plan pushed over into FS (as it's not reloading the FLT) unless you do it manually (which won't work as described above most of the time).

-------------
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:37pm
I didn't think any of that would be possible Slopey, thanks for the answers though.

King Penguin, thanks, I'll be checking out Vatsim post haste.

And can i also say that this is the best forum ever, never before have I had every question, every query, suggestion or idea addressed, and all without being attacked by some superior feeling jerk. You guys all rock.

Posted By: allardjd
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 5:00pm

Quote And can i also say that this is the best forum ever, never before have I had every question, every query, suggestion or idea addressed, and all without being attacked by some superior feeling jerk. You guys all rock.

Beetle,

AH grew out of the frustrations caused by the limitations of Cargo Pilot, which Duncan and most of the testers used and liked a lot.  No software satisfies forever.  As we became aware of the limitations, most of which eventually got logged in the "Suggestions for CP2" thread in the Cargo Pilot forum, we hungered for changes, improvements and new features that were never forthcoming.  Duncan eventually determined to build a better mousetrap and he managed to pull it off.

The attitude you see here on the forum from Duncan and those of the test team who hang out here comes from that prior experience with CP.  We were you, two years ago, making suggestions but having them seemingly fall on deaf ears.  Our experience there has made us try to make sure you don't have the same experience here.

I'm not being critical of JF.  Businesses have to, and have the right to, make decisions about what to do and what not to do.  We'd have been happier back then if they'd have decided to upgrade CP, but they didn't.  No one did anything wrong, it's just not a perfect world.  I'm personally grateful to JF for CP and what it brought to flight simming.  I'm even more grateful to Duncan for what he's done and for how hard he continues to work at making it continuously better.  None of the rest of us are doing much compared to his efforts.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you're having a good experience with AH.  This does seem to be growing into a good and positively oriented forum community and I'm happy to be part of it too.

John

-------------
John Allard

Posted By: TomA320
Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 9:06pm
I think it would be good if AH selected the weather for you, so when you start you get somthing easy like day with clear sky's but once you start getting lots of hours you will be flying in thick fog and rain etc. 

Posted By: Thrandisher
Date Posted: 16 May 2009 at 1:51am

Passengers - Need to get to point A to point B fast, and would be fragile i guess. Something that a jet would work but not a "cargo" type of plane.

Natural Distaster at Bases - Things like flash flooding, tornados, weather effects, godzilla wrecking havic, meteo, trebbles, GREMLINS! Something that would have to be repaired at your base to have full opertions or cargo runs by that area. Also would add a money sink along side of rental fee's for them.  Going in with world weather would be to much of a chore (while would be nice, would be hard imo if that could be done)

AI Pilot Fatigue - Longer they fly, without sleep or a few day's off or whatever, they would get tired and have a higher chance to wreck planes.  A happy AI is a profitable AI !

Fuel storeing/repository -  Being able to buy fuel in large quantity's for a lower price and being able to store it at your base to fuel your own planes with. (I think there is something along these lines in planing tho)

Rival Company's - Other companys may apear out of nowhere and start doing buisness. Some of them might do good, some might fail and dwindle away.  Depending on how well you do and how well they do in a area, would determine the quality of jobs for each company.

I know some of mine have been posted already, but i think these are things that come to my mind right now.  While some of them arnt easy to whip up really fast, there just idea's im tossing out there ;)

-Arrakis

Posted By: Hendrix
Date Posted: 16 May 2009 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Beetle Beetle wrote:

And can i also say that this is the best forum ever, never before have I had every question, every query, suggestion or idea addressed, and all without being attacked by some superior feeling jerk. You guys all rock.

You know, I ve said this before in my post about fuelburn. And I truly stand beside you Beetle.

Due to my eyesight and being over 30 years of age, ive hungered and wanted to fly my own aircraft since I was 9 and flew Fokker f27 the first time. I was sold totally.  There after being a planespotter, bought a fine DSLR and drove miles around sweden to photograph airliners coming and going, crosswind landings and the whole deal. Im now sitting here and proudly bought AH to soothen my hunger for more :) And what do I meet? Being a member on AVSIM and POSKY for many years, treating my hobby VERY serious. I found probably the most compassionate, helping and friendly people ive ever encountered in this line of "work".

BIG kudos to everyone on this forum that either was a cornerstone in making the product or one of its MOST valuable users that contribute to the life of it.

RGDS

Hendrix

-------------
CargoScan CEO

Date Posted: 16 May 2009 at 3:10am
I would absolutely love to assign multiple AI pilots to certain jobs!

-------------
Dinomite Bill

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 16 May 2009 at 11:18am
Another idea.....

When assigning a AI pilot to numerous jobs in one go, would it be possible to change the Proposed Flying Schedule. Instead of concentrating one job at a time, maybe take part of the next job back to base and so on. Maybe a facility in the list to let you manipulate where they fly to?

Posted By: Freight Dawg
Date Posted: 17 May 2009 at 1:46am
I'd like some way to place the game on pause for a few days.  

-------------
Regards,
Smiling Bob, Capt
Enzyte Air Cargo, LLC

Posted By: killerscout
Date Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:10pm
Don't have time right now to read the entire thread. So forgive me if it's already been suggested. How about the ability to assign more than one pilot and aircraft to a single job? Is that even possible software-speaking?

Posted By: up_n_away
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:03am
hi everyone, been stewing on this suggestion for a month or so now and thought i would finally make my first post. I know there have been plenty of posts about making ai pilots do multiple jobs or multiple ai pilots doing one job, but one way i see this possible is to have a way to edit an ai pilot's tasks in the ops window. Rather than just adding or un-assigning jobs to ai pilots you could add or remove individual tasks to an ai pilot.

You would only need 3 command options, an unload command, a load command, and a fly to command. The current time restrictions on ai pilots loading/unloading could still be maintained, but giving us more flexibility with ai pilots and a more hands on planning role.
eg. load cargo a at airport x, position to airport y, load cargo b, position to airport c, unload cargo a, unload cargo b. if cargo a was large you could then assign another pilot to load cargo a at airport x, fly to airport c and unload.

This could also help eliminate empty return legs for large cargo jobs, and also would get rid of the need to use ai pilots manually when caught out in a sticky situation (which is a way to get around loading and unloading times).

Posted By: spidierox
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:58am
What I would like to see :

Managers

Purpose is to aid you in day to day operations. They get hired as other personnel.
For example :
- Managers report if and which pilot is idle, can warn you when a job is about to be late, or when a pilot goes idle due to repairs
- Managers do not let you assign an aircraft if 100hr check is within a (user specified) time frame.
- With managers you can have contracts (see post above)
- Managers gives bonuses (reduce maintenance, reduce fuel cost at base, better AI pilots, etc...)

Office

I would like to have a graphical interface, like CP did with the office.
There are some hotspots which one can click and get same functionality as it exists right now.
Also, the more prestige the bigger / nicer the office.

Contracts

As stated in  another post, but mostly to prevent to get entangled in this micro-management. I feel that as a major drawback that this will prevent me from having larger fleets.

Options

Quantify the sliders in the options instead of using general thing like "bigger" airports.
Because how big is big ? bigger airports? biggest airports ? very big airports?
Quantification is already been done in the filter for the map
Also, options are applicable to all aircraft for which jobs are generated.
This means that if you want small aircraft to operate smaller airport / smaller sized cargo etc... together with larger aircraft the options does affect ALL of them.
Maybe more specification could solve this: a slider for small aircraft / medium / large acft...
For this the MTOW classification can be used. This way we can find a sweet spot for small acft while having a mixed fleet with medium / large acft..

USER INTERFACE
It would be handy if some windows can be dragged where we want and not stay in the parent window.
Also putting the map window in its own resizeble window would be of great advantage.

REALISM
Compliance with FAA rules as suggested above would also be added value imo.

so, that's it ...

-------------

If you can carry it, we can transport it.

Posted By: NoOne
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:08pm

Hello:

It would be very helpful to have the LAT/LON coords on the job info screen when selecting jobs (like CP used to have it).  I use paper charts and finding the airports can be difficult since frequently the codes used in MSFS are different than the ones used on the charts (for small airports).  Also just knowing which chart to pull out and look at in the first place sometimes is not clear on the longer jobs without this info.

Having more control over the AI pilots routing would be nice too.  Sometimes they fly A-B-A-C-A when they could fly A-B-C-A.

Being able to have AI pilots fly with less than full tanks would be great.  As it is I've altered the tank sizes in the config files which enables them to haul more, but my range is then reduced.  A user configurable variable in the aircraft info screen such as, "Max AI fuel load" would be a better solution.

Lastly I would like to be able to set the airport size for job generation on individual aircraft rather than globally.

Thanks for considering these ideas and fantastic program!  Clap

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:29pm

Quote It would be very helpful to have the LAT/LON coords on the job info screen when selecting jobs (like CP used to have it).  I use paper charts and finding the airports can be difficult since frequently the codes used in MSFS are different than the ones used on the charts (for small airports).  Also just knowing which chart to pull out and look at in the first place sometimes is not clear on the longer jobs without this info.

I found a pretty good workaround for this.

Download Lee Swordy's freeware TTools (Traffic Tools).  When you unzip it there is a utility called AirportFinder.exe.  Run that once and it creates a text file of all the nearly 24,000 airports in FS9 with the ICAO code, latitude, longitude and elevation.  It's just a flat text file and though it is large, Notepad and it's "Find" feature handle it just fine.  Plug in the ICAO code and it takes you to that line of the list.  Very handy.

I don't think it works with FSX, but if you have FS9 on your PC you'll have most of the airports in the world anyway.  I know FSX added some but probably not anywhere you'd ever really go.

-------------
John Allard

Posted By: papeg
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:37pm

TTools works with FSX, you just can't used the AI flight plans with FSX flight plans.  They aren't compatable, but the AirportFinder utility works.

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:52pm
If it's something people would want, I can add the lat/lon of the airport in the job briefing, or the airport info (under the map), for the next update. Decimal degrees or DD MM.S?

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Posted By: Schlitzer
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:02pm

I would like to add my support to the weather suggestions....    If not real world weather then maybe a random selection from the default options,,,,    Varied weather would i think enhance a an already good product....

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:14pm
I'm not going to be adding weather - use FS weather or ActiveSky instead. One of the problems with setting weather via FSUIPC is that it can be crazily unrealistic, or worse that the weather is the same all over the globe.

As AH allows you to stop at any airfield, it's not practical for me to re-create ActiveSky, and only having weather at a particular destination airport, but not at one 20 miles away would seem silly.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Posted By: jflimbach
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by johnny198712 johnny198712 wrote:

Hi,
My thoughts are to bring a little more realism into the A1 pilots situation. Already mentioned is the hours they can operate before a rest period. AH is already monitoring flight times towards 100 hour checks, so realy I assume its not a lt different from that.

In addition, once you get beyond the size of a Caravan etc, in the real world you will have 2 pilots per aircraft. In the game as it stands now earning money for the pilots wages is relatively minor, so manpower is not an issue, but if you add these two ideas into the product. It will make the programming quite a bit more complicated, but probably a lot more realistic. The degree of difficulty would really go up.

I'm not a computer buff, so I have no idea whether this would work, or perhaps the degree of difficulty this would take it too would not be acceptable for a lot of people, but presumably this could be intigrated int the Career mode type operation.

Just sme thoughts from an ex pilot who is enjoying the game.

John
A really valid point because not only is the copilot required, but it increases your operating costs.  And to carry it a step further, some aircraft, e.g. the L1049 Constellation, C-130, et al, also require a flight engineer.  I fly the Connie a lot and can assure you that while I could get along without the copilot most of the time, the flight engineer is indispensable!

-------------
John Limbach

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:06pm
I have FS set to use Real World weather,,,   AH to use real World weather but AH ignores the settings and loads Clear Skies only.......

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 10:45pm
Quote AH ignores the settings and loads Clear Skies only

Actually, thats not correct, AH tells FS to use real weather in the flight plan, but FS ignores it - it's a known issue with FS.

The workaround is to change the weather setting after FS is finished loading.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:55am
I'd like to be able to put my money in a bank, to be able to earn interest. Currently I picture a buried coffee can situation, or perhaps a very uncomfortable matress. 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:08am
Beetle, that reminds me of a story this week about a womand who put $1M in her matress and her daughter decided to toss it for a new matress.

This story here http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6469706.ece - Woman throws away million-dollar mattress

-------------
Greg

Posted By: killerscout
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:42am
A couple of ideas for the next update.

1. If possible, I'd like to have a filter function added to the job generator to allow certain airfield types only, like Water or Dirt. I had the idea of starting a floatplane service, but it really isn't feasible in the current shape of AH.

2. Again, if possible, I'd like to see added the ability to assign more than one aircrew/aircraft combo to a single job. For example, if I had a job worth $100,000 with a weight of 10,000lbs, and two aircraft with a 5,000lbs payload capacity, I'd like to be able to assign both aircraft to the job with either 2 AI or 1 AI and myself in the other ship.

(This software is still great even if these can't be done.) Wink

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:09am
Quote I had the idea of starting a floatplane service, but it really isn't feasible in the current shape of AH

You'd be surprised how little water runways are in FS.  There's not very many.  Brian is the floats master around here, and added many "runways" to various bits of scenery - use the search function and you should spot them.  Very impressive scenery too which I think is freeware (not by Brian).

As regards multiple AI on jobs - that was in about 4 versions ago, but due to a bug with lazy pilots, it all went pear shaped!  (the weekend of "free" reputation etc etc..).

It will make a re-appearance, but I can't say when (might even have to wait for AH2.0).

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:37am
Dead That makes me ill just to read. I owe 50 grand in student loans and she's just throwing money away! The thing that makes me the sickest, is that she isn't even that upset, I'd never be able to sleep in the new bed. 

Posted By: Ozzy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:03am
When an AirFrame meeds repairing it is taken out of service for the lenght of time it takes to make good the repair ... Not just clicking on repair and it is done instantly and back in service .. so if the repair takes 2 days , you cant use this aircraft for that period.

A max number of hours in a day that all pilots can fly ( AI and Human ) as in the real word you can't fly 24/7

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 9:21am
Quote When an AirFrame meeds repairing it is taken out of service for the lenght of time it takes to make good the repair ... Not just clicking on repair and it is done instantly and back in service .. so if the repair takes 2 days , you cant use this aircraft for that period.

Covered this before - AI pilots are subject to repair delays (up to 48 hours in some cases).

A max number of hours in a day that all pilots can fly ( AI and Human ) as in the real word you can't fly 24/7

AI pilot limits will probably be in a future version.

There will never be anything which prevents a human pilot flying when he/she wants to - that's massively counterproductive.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Posted By: NoOne
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

If it's something people would want, I can add the lat/lon of the airport in the job briefing, or the airport info (under the map), for the next update. Decimal degrees or DD MM.S?

If it's easy to do I'd love it, otherwise I'll just try the TTools thing.  If you do it my preference would be min/sec but I could work with either just fine.

Thanks

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:24pm
How about an Applications Tab ?
IF POSS An application to calculate Fuel Burn Per Hour for third party aircraft would be useful, The required data is entered and the application calculates the fuel burn per hour.

Can't think of any other Apps at this time but maybe others can ?

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:09am
Can you not just use the calculator? It's only fuel capacity/(range/speed)?

I'll look at adding in something.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Posted By: Mickel
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:30am
While FS isn't bright enough to not give us a night VFR approach to an un-lit runway when there is a perfectly adequate lit one available (as far as I can tell), would it be possible to not have AH select times of dusk or night when we're going to or from unlit fields?  I know it's easy enough to alter manually though.  Embarrassed

Mike

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 5:53am
Got another lovely idea! :)

IN the "bases" column in the airport information section, it would be awesome to see freight available (accepted) I mistakenly took on jobs I didnt have time to fill, and have to send AI to rescue me! I just forgot the multiple stop route that sounded so good at the time, then after accepting the jobs noticed the clock! (i know....time management yada yada) hehe

-------------
Dinomite Bill

Posted By: Ginger
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 6:45am
Hi,

I use other add-ons like FS-PASSENGERS and think it would be a great idea if one could add money earned from a passenger flight into the AH bank account. This would help integrate other add-ons that produce earnings from flights. This would be a great help as I could either simulate a passenger flight and add the money into AH. I appreciate that it would sort of violate the control of the game but I think that most Virtual pilots are pretty much after realism and would not spoil cheat etc.

Please do this and I would greatly appreciate it.

PS
AH is the best add-on to come around in the last 20 years.

Gratzie
GingerSmile

-------------
FS since 1984

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:03am
Quote IN the "bases" column in the airport information section, it would be awesome to see freight available (accepted)

I'm not sure where you mean?? Bases column? Airport information section???

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:51am

I had came across an instance where I was reviewing flights assigned to the AI crews and I had (as an experiment) accepted ALL the freight departing from one of my bases and was routing nearby AI to that base, to collect what I was unable to haul.

I went to the MY BASES window and thought it would be cool to see what cargo was being staged for delivery, then (after my post Clown) I realised "my jobs" had all the info I was looking for..... I must be a glutten for punishment, as I tend to enjoy being under the gun.
 gotta keep the consignee's looking up in the air looking for their shipments! hehe

Bill <--- SENIOR AH FAN!

-------------
Dinomite Bill

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:02pm
Sure can use the calculation you suggest, i just thought that as new punters buy AH this question will from time to time re-appear in the forum and an APP would solve it once and for all.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:47pm
I'll see what I can do

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Posted By: fallujahff
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:51pm
I think AirHauler is a fantastic product and I can't stop playing with it--

With that in mind I would like to see these things implemented--

Ability for AI pilots to drop cargo on a owned base (which could enable feeds to and from outlying smaller airports). It would give value to the owned bases and allow for scheduled flights from base to base (solving the desire by some to have more base to base runs.

Also

Duty limitations for AI pilots. Normally companies must staff 3-6 crews per hull to allow for days off, duty limitations etc. This would also bring in some challenge to staffing and scheduling (gee this box needs to get to LAX in 12 hours but that's an 8 hour flight and this pilot has 6 left on his monthly limit)

Someone also mentioned managers with bonuses--I like that idea as well and a PAX version/or ability to import FSPassengers (my distant second favorite addon) --man that would be too good to be true.

Finally--I would like to see an artificial fuel pricing system--I don't get on the internet much where I am currently at and would still like to see some dynamic to pricing.

This is a really great product and has brought more life to FSX.

Posted By: fallujahff
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 2:12pm
Oh yeah and if there is an AirHauler 2 please please please let us be able to import our company data into the new program where able (I really don't want to start again with a Cessna and a grass field  .

Posted By: Turbineflyer
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:00am
********WARNING**********        ********SATIRE BELOW********

I want to fly. I been flight simming for a while and AH has givin me some purpose. Right now I have recreated the continant of Australia the very best detail that ORBX/FTX/OzX can do for me. Then I have AH. I really need it to do the following as suggestions. I need it to start me at the highest reputation possible, and just stay that way because rep is all that seems to matter. Then I need it to fetch me real weather and load it to the sim, so I don't have to. I need it to do all my fuel calcs based on up to date real world pricing no matter where I am, because I really stink at the fuel calc thing, even in a cessna, so I really need it to do all that for me. I need AI pilots that never make mistakes or fail, need some code so that even if they do, my rep CANNOT take a hit, or my finances for that matter. When the sim loads, I need AH to check and see if the real world weather might ruin the probability of successfully delivering the multiple loads of fragile cargo I have, and clear all weather. I also think AH should preflight for me and lite the fires, program the FMS thingy, contact the powers that be and also file my IFR plan for me. I need AH to do this, really. I also think it might be worth coding in that AH will program the correct autopilot altitude by plane accordingly and rate of climb because I never seem to be able to get that quite right either. I guess to top it all off, AH needs to be able to taxi and take off for me to, maybe even just do the whole flight to engines off at the correct field always then ensure that I get paid. I think mybe it wouldn't be too hard to code AH to just do everything and allow me to sit back, rake in the chedder and watch it all go down from a spot view. That's what AH really needs to do, and do it without error please. I also don't want to sacrifice all the personal customer support your giving me because no other add on seems to want to do it the way you do, and since microscr#^ axed the ACES team and really stuck it to me, I need this all to kind of pull in all the slack. Basically AH needs to do everything and be error free. Hopefully you will find some time to work all this out and into the sim for me all the while trying to get sleep, eat, keep family together, beat caffine addiction, maintain health and sanity, and not loose it over all the whiners that can't deal with simple things. Can ya do this for, huh huh ??? Please.

This post is strictly satire and I mean none of it. It may have a message in there, but few will actually see it. You guys are the best and I look forward to long pleasant future with Air Hauler. ROCK ON !

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:14am

T'flyer,

Two comments...

1) You forgot about preventing you from accepting jobs to water runways or heliports if you'r not suitably equipped.

2) "...beat caffeine addiction..."  Are you NUTS???

Great post, man.  I loved it.

-------------
John Allard

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:02pm
Another idea....

What about introducing A and C Checks etc. There is the 100hr check at the moment, but what about bigger aircraft checks. And maybe positioning to a main base for these checks. Of course it would be negative to the playability of the game, taking an aircraft out of service, however, would make it even more realistic.

Posted By: One_Shot
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:06pm
I think out of all the suggestions so far, the contracts is my favorite. I've seen it in other games (not aviation related) where over a "season", if you meet certain requirements, you get bonuses.  Would it be possible to have, for example, "Company A" sends a random message which you would see in your "in box" upon starting AH. There can be multiple types of these letters. The letter would describe what "Company A" requires (ie: 150 cases of beer delivered to "x" airport once a week). It would depart from the nearest base (but not required), and the AH Company manager, us pilots, can decide to accept the contract or not.
If we select not to accept the contract, no loss. If we choose to accept, then we must follow the guidelines of the contract. If we don't, not only is rep lost, but money too as the shipments aren't flown per the contract. If they are, the company not only receives the normal Rep, but gets a bonus ontop of the contract's normal fees.

I could go into more details on my thinking about it, but just thought I'd throw more of the idea out for now.

Posted By: razco
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 11:44pm
Hi

First up: Excellent program/game you've come up with Slopey (and others if you're not alone). Clap

I'm currently away from home and thinking it would be really nice to be able to manage my cargo company anywhere I am. Suggestion: Building the application web-based. See you're using an Access db but don't know if you're coding with .net but if you do, it might (not an expert by any means in programming) not be a m a j o r rebuild suiting it for the web. Have no idea if it's possible to build a web based application connecting to FS.

I understand the more or less impossible thing of releasing a fully web based application with demands of an IIS etc. Maybe it could be an addon for those of us that want it... with the basic tasks for the company, managing AI routs etc.  Or even cooler som sort of hosting (obviously with some sort of fee) where people can upload their company and manage it online and then download it to fly themselves whenever they want.

Maybe streching requests here a little but I just had to. Tongue

Posted By: concorde380
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 12:23am
Easier way to import aircraft

-------------
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo

Posted By: Lazerbolt
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:22am
  My company would like to see a GOVERNMENT BAIL-OUT. Dead

-------------

Posted By: Greyflyer
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:34am
Would that include a parachute payment?

Greyflyer

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:11pm

I think they have some TARP money squirrled away.  Call the FED and see if they can slip you a little.

-------------
Greg

Posted By: jturie
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 3:24pm
Ability to lease warehouse space at any airport to create regional depots.  No discounts on repairs, no landing fee reduction.  You could grab stuff with short hops, store it at the depot, and use a bigger plane to bring multiple loads to the same destinations.  Space is limited, but you can up your lease payments to lock up more space.

AI Competitors!  You gotta beat them to the jobs or the desirable airport bases.  If you and a competitor both want to establish a new base, you need to bid for it.  You or your competitors can start rate wars in lean economic times to keep afloat or to drive the competition out of a base or out of business.

Obviously, this is a "Version 2" upgrade, not an update.  Maybe you could call it "Air Hauler Tycoon" .
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Posted By: littlesquare.dot
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Killieboy64 Killieboy64 wrote:

Could I suggest one also:

On the fleet screen show minimum runway A/H has dictated for this a/c type.

This will stop people accepting jobs they can't fly to.

x 2!

Posted By: littlesquare.dot
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by BadCarma BadCarma wrote:

Failures like bird strikes and icing issues would be nice to.. Id also like to see AI pilots affecting rep positively as well as neg. after all they are part of the company.

re: brid strikes:  Yeah, until your brand-spanking new aircraft ploughs into the ground shortly after take-off, taking your pilot, cargo, and rep with it.

I agree that it bird strikes would be very cool, but a catastrophic strike could be incredibly annoying.

I suppose that'd make me a fairweather bird-strike fan..

re: AI pilots affecting rep, yes please.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Originally posted by BadCarma Originally posted by BadCarma wrote:

Failures like bird strikes and icing issues would be nice to.. Id also like to see AI pilots affecting rep positively as well as neg. after all they are part of the company.

"In-FS" things like that are not likely to be in AH2 - in particular icing modeling is not something AH would provide - many add-on aircraft do it already.

For reasons discussed at length AI Pilots gaining rep is not likely in the future either.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 5:48pm
Quote On the fleet screen show minimum runway A/H has dictated for this a/c type.

That's added to the Fleet screen, and the Buy/Lease new aircraft screen in the next update.

I've also added the size "category" (tubulence category - i.e. light/medium/heavy) which is used to determine the landing fee.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 3:02pm
also it would be nice if AI pilots could earn you reputation not just lose it

-------------
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo

Posted By: LucasStL
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 5:59pm
I have to agree with Contract Jobs - those would be awesome!

Posted By: Herege
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 2:39pm

I've also added the size "category" (tubulence category - i.e. light/medium/heavy) which is used to determine the landing fee.

You know, you are my hero after the Chuck pilot Big%20smileWink
thanks.

Posted By: Hans Olo
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 4:43pm
I wonder why no one mentioned but I think a bit more variation regarding the type of jobs would be a major step forward. What I mean is besides doing cargo runs there could be some other type of jobs appearing somewhat expanding the services palette to that of a typical Air Services company. These jobs could be maybe less frequent, a rare opportunity to take but could give that special urgency with some additional characteristics such as time constraints. Some examples:

1/ Medical emergency - you are hired to get a doctor to a remote airfield / transport a patient back from a remote airfiedl. In both cases there should be a time limit to complete the mission. I mean a time limit for the actual flight such as getting there within 30 mins. Landing the plane with the patient with a very low vertical speed, etc. If you are successful you get a nice bonus and a nice raise in rep - if you fail then there is no money and your rep surely suffers a lot so you should think twice before accepting such a mission.

2/ VIP transfers - similar but instead of the time limit there is bigger emphasis on the comfort of the flight. If the customer is unhappy he would not pay as he would be upset.

3/ Aerial surveys - you would need to fly to a certain geographic location and slow down the aircraft to a certain airspeed at a certain altitude for a certain amount of time

4/ Sightseeing - similar to the above but also the comfort of the flight is an issue for the tourists plus you need to get them back to the starting airfield in time.

5/ Counterfeit dodgy runs - would be extremely rare, no rep bonus, but very well paying. If you fail there is a giant loss to rep. Done during the night and you need to arrive and land within a very narrow time bracket to meet your contact and cut the deal...

6/ ... and the list goes on and on.

These would make this game such a dream I cannot even describe it.

A new addon has just been published called Africa air Adventures that attempts something very similar in Kenya but I guess this would greatly enhance the Air Hauler world also and it would fit in the concept nicely.

Any thoughts on this?

Hans

Posted By: algy
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm

If this has already been mentioned--sorry. This isn't so much a suggestion for the next version, but more a suggestion for the stats page online.

If there is such a thing as a company's "home base", then it would be nice if the stats page included the base field, and made it searchable or sortable. Then we could see who else is flying out of certain airports, or certain geographical areas, in order to compare scores of the local competition.

As is, you have to select every single company, click on its name in the list. Only then do you see where its base is located on the map. To locate everyone flying in your company's area, you have to go through all 26 pages of stats...

No biggie if this addition isn't implemented. It's small potatoes, but maybe it's easy to add.

BTW, Hans Olo, I like your ideas for the different types of jobs (previous post). 

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 5:34pm
there are some very good suggestions here

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 7:32pm
Quote If there is such a thing as a company's "home base", then it would be nice if the stats page included the base field, and made it searchable or sortable.

There's no such thing as a "Home" base in AH - but I can maybe add something to show nearby companies.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 4:10am
1- A Bank (for our money gain some interest), for who don't like menace the stocks thing for example...

2- A Fuel depots to compensate the fuel prices in our bases.( long time ago discussed)

3-  Some kind of "radar" in a separated world map to see our competitor where they are located trough the world if possible.

4- The cost by NM instantly , of any aircraft that we have to make some job, some kind of, fuel vs 100hrs dedution + pilot salary + landing fee + cargo incluided + Leasing(if exist), to see our profitability/expense after the end of flight, before we start the flight.

5-Contracts.

Posted By: flying-w
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 1:37pm
Version of AirHauler for passengers?  In others words something along the lines of fsPassengers, but with the AirHauler virtual economy and airline management infrastructure.  You can get some of this stuff from various places including the virtual airline organisations already, but to have it all in one place I'd think you clean up in the market.

Regards
Simon

-------------

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com - http://www.supertrafficboard.com

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 3:19pm
Hi Guy's
Just thought of a feature that I think would become useful to all is a RTB button, (return to base) I notice more often than not there are times when it is more advantagous for me just
to "deadhead" back to one of my bases over drumming up freight out in the tooleywads!

Sleepy

-------------
Dinomite Bill

Posted By: Thunder175
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:16pm

Here are mine for versions 3.5+ in no particular order. Some of these are also to generate brainstorming sessions. Lamp

1) Ability to customize AI flight plans to allow for multiple pick ups and deliveries. Currently the user has limited control over this. I can have the AI deliver to multiple destinations from the same origin (i.e, KATL to KIND, then on to KORD as long as the two cargo loads are under the capacity for the aircraft), however we can not do the same on inbound trips. The easiest fix would be to allow us to tell the AI exactly what we want them to do, as well as how much of a particular cargo to load (percentage or raw value).

2) Another preference check box in the options tab to force AH to load fuel from the outer fuel tanks first, then the centers. On commercial airliners, it is common to fill the wing tanks FIRST, then fill the center tank. AH currently loads the center tank completely before filling the wings. This is completely unrealistic for larger commercial transport jets.

3) Add a new value for aircraft in the database: number of pilots required. Would allow us to set how many pilots are required for the aircraft to function to emulate realworld crew scheduling. Also could be used for later versions if AI maximum hours per day is implemented. For example we could enter '4' for a 747-400 to force 4 pilots on the flight to simulate having to change crews on long haul flights (8 hours plus).

4) Ability to add an AI crew or even the user pilot to a flight as a jumpseat crew member. If I want to fly a leg then have the AI complete it, the AI pilot will have to follow me on a commercial flight to meet the aircraft. Instead it would be more realistic to allow an AI pilot or user pilot ot sit in the jumpseat to relocate that pilot to a new destination.

5) Allow user to choose how to display aircraft on the map and in the various tables of the program either by aircraft description OR registration number.

6) Implementation of trunk routes between bases. If I have a base in KATL, and a base in KSEA, it would make sense that any cargo destined for the opposite side of the country would have to first go through a baes on a trunk route flight.

6a) If we can have the above, then the option to repeat a flight would be needed also. That way I can have a larger aircraft fly back and forth on my trunk transferring cargo automatically between the two bases.

7) More user control over the airports and destinations that show up. I read somewhere else that there was the possiblity of a 'domestic flight only' check box to be implemented. Can we also have a keyword mask for jobs that appear? In other words, an option to restrict any airport with the keyword 'AFB' in the name would be nice, as well as restrict entire countries (no flights from the USA to Cuba!). Understand I can choose just not to do those jobs, but if those flights appear they are just wasted choices that count against the number of jobs generated slider.

8) A random flight number generator for those of us who fly online.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Dead

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:37pm
i have 3 bases.heathrow,spa, and milan so it would be nice if me and my crrw were able to go between bases to pick up any cargo going to the same or almost same place

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 6:45pm
Quote i have 3 bases.heathrow,spa, and milan so it would be nice if me and my crrw were able to go between bases to pick up any cargo going to the same or almost same place

There's nothing stopping you doing that just now, is there?

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:16am
can the AI pilots do that though? without multiple legs. Like maybe Heathrow-Spa-Milan-the destination

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:54am
No - but you can.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:59am
ok how though?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 1:53am
You are free to stop at any airport and load any/multiple cargoes with AH, then proceed to any airport and unload. You DON'T have to fly direct to the destination - you can stop anywhere en-route.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 5:28am
You can also transfer cargo from one AC to another as long as both are at the same airport at the same time.

-------------
John Allard

Posted By: killerbee1958
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 9:27pm
Oke here goes my thoughts although most of it has been said already.

I also like to start with saying that i already like the product as it is but this question allows me to ask for more. So what is it i would like?

1 Keep your excellent service to current users as top priority. I would love extra fucntionality but there are only 24 hours in a day. when it comes down to choices please keep in mind that keeping your current users happy will mainly come from fixing small problems and next from extra functionality (and truth is you are excellent at this service)

2. assigning mulitiple AI pilots to a single plane (to stay wihtin flight hours and also to have a more realistic cost model)

3. Beiing able to assign more planes/pilot to  a single job (if one plane cannot take the whole load)

4. More intelligence on AI routing (if i have a flight from a to b with more than allowed freight and a flight from c to a, where c is near to b i would like to start hauling freight on my return from b instead of flying empty from b to a)

5. Web access to AH (although i need to be carefull what i ask for because this would for sure cause me to divert my attention during office hours to AHSmile)

6. Automatic invocation of flightplan's and active sky from AH (i dont think this is a AH problem but i hate it to set everything to my wish after fsx starts (like flightplan and weather)

7 Contracts (to enable a steady workload instead of only requiring me to daily select jobs for my pilots)

8 Competition. Love it when i have to fight off competitors who are after my customers. Some nice model that will require me to sometimes dump my prices because of heavy competition while at other times (or other places) i can ask what i like because i am the only company around (but someone already mentioned a air hauler tycoon is developed here so maybe a bit too way off)

9 Planes not available during repair times and realistic repair times (and maybe even repair wait times because you can not drop in a maintenance shop and expect everyone to drop their current work)

10 showing of your other planes when at a base where these other planes are at that moment

That's it. Need to get back to my AH to put my staff to work again and also need to fly some jobs myself to bring my reputation back to par

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 1:24pm
Slopey, is possible to have on "Choose pilot" window*, the hability see the pilots by alphabetic order and Rank, because at this moment is impossible, are "blocked", instead of being in order of recruitment. All names at this moment are mixed without a logicSmile
thanks,

edited: * before he had the aircraft to do the job.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 3:11pm
That's already in Monday's update

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 7:42pm
what about being able to get a loan at 50% and to be able to hire AI pilots at 50% to that would help

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 10:37pm

That's already in Monday's update

I start to believe in telepathy things ahahaha

Posted By: Lazerbolt
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:10am
  How about seasonal cargo such as:  fireworks on the 4th of July, Christmas presents in December, candy & costumes on Halloween ect...

And it would be fun and educational to include holidays from around the world. (that sounded kinda dorkyEmbarrassed)

Lazer

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:16am
That's in already - you should notice various seasonal cargos over time.

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:44am
Something just dawned on me...

It would be nice if there was a way to prevent the clustering of jobs generated. What I mean is sometimes the jobs from bases all go to the way general vicinity on the map, and are separated by very short distances from each other. While this may be good for small GA aircraft, it is uneconomical for larger transports and is annoying having a 752 or MD-11 flying under a hundred miles to its next stop when a freight truck could probably get it there faster!

Maybe add a user variable something like a statement that says no jobs generated if distance from nearest job equals X, unless job destination is base.

Hopefully I explained that somewhat right. Just a thought...

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm
I have said this before but for those of us that don't have time to do flights, maybe the AI pilots would be able to INCREASE your reputation not just decrease it.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 12:59am
Would it be possible to add an export to excel function on the Registed Aircraft page (where you import planes into AH)?

-------------
Greg

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 2:20am
That's added for the next version

-------------
AirHauler Developer

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 2:22am
Great, thanks.

-------------
Greg

Posted By: paulos2002
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 7:07am
Have Kandahar airfield in Iraq in there and allow resuppllies to take place out to the frontline as a private contractor!

Posted By: paulos2002
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:38am
AH is a superb programme and my wife hates it! .!

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by paulos2002 paulos2002 wrote:

Have Kandahar airfield in Iraq in there and allow resuppllies to take place out to the frontline as a private contractor!

Umm... Kandahar is in Afghanistan not Iraq. And it is already in the scenery database as a default FS9/FSX airfield.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 7:50pm
Hire AI pilots whenever you want

-------------

Posted By: Scooternjng
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 8:30pm
Automation of the AI pilots. Let's say you have missions that are backlogging, why not have an tick box on the AI pilots "Self Dispatch" or a dispatch feature that allows your AI pilots to dispatch on assignments like x distance, yweight, z aircraft?

-------------
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman

Print Page | Close Window