Print Page | Close Window

Airband Radio (Update)

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:19pm

Topic: Airband Radio (Update)
Posted By: A319
Subject: Airband Radio (Update)
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 5:14pm
Just thought i'd update you guys on how the airband radio's going.
If you can remember i posted on the the old forum about it on saturday.

Well i'm pleased to say that my Airband Radio was Delivered to me this morning and i've set it up and i've been tuned into Edinburgh Approach all afternoon. I've picked up loads of aircraft and the approach controller.
It's been great listening to Edinburgh Airport this afternoon Big%20smile

Replies:
Posted By: reider
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 5:19pm
Glad you`re having fun.  I believe, cough, ahem, owners get a lot of fun and use out of them-not that I know any.  Although its legal to sell and buy them, its not legal in the UK to use them.  They`re openly on sale at air shows and such like.  But please be careful walking round with one on show or discussing it in public...... Wink

If I had one I`d get a small antenna and carry it around in an inside pocket.  With a magnetic base mount antenna for home use.  I believe Maplins sell them at quite reasonable prices.  Not that I`d ever need one you understand.

Reider

Posted By: Bradpl6
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 5:45pm

while were on the topic of airband radio's can you but something that can boost your signal because i live at the bottom of a valley and my local airport is at the top of the valley (2 miles away) sorry to slightly move it away from topic A319

Posted By: VulcanB2
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 5:51pm
Hi,

FS ATC is good, isn't it?? RC4 is brilliant!

I like collecting radios, too.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Print Page | Close Window