Print Page | Close Window

Constellation (New images added!)

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: In Development
Forum Description: Information and Pictures of forthcoming Just Flight products
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 9:13am

Topic: Constellation (New images added!)
Posted By: Martyn
Subject: Constellation (New images added!)
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 4:07pm

http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=288 - http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=288

The Constellation is one of the most graceful airliners ever to take to the air. With its streamlined and beautiful dolphin-shaped fuselage and triple-tail design, it cut a futuristic shape across the sky and set many "highest", "fastest" and "best" records - the L-1649A still holds the record for the longest-duration non-stop passenger flight, a remarkable 23 hours and 19 minutes covering almost five and a half thousand miles!

All the models have been meticulously researched and are highly accurate renditions. As a result, the true character of the Constellation shape has been replicated and rewards the viewer from all angles. The profile of the early version and the bulk and noise of those primitive Pratt & Whitney engines come through loud and clear.

Constellation has been developed by Aeroplane Heaven and will be released both on DVD-ROM and as a Download.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Replies:
Posted By: Jeremy
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 12:35pm
Nice Martyn!
you and the team at Just Flight are putting together a beautyWink
When it's released, I think I might just have to buy it!LOL

Jeremy

Posted By: berlopez
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 8:10pm
I've always been fond of Contellations, I have had them on my sim since Fs9 FSDzings model but this model was never completely finished by the original author as he passed away too soon, since the model has been taken by several sites and changed. never got the v/c that was promised... If this one becomes available here in DK I'll certainly get my copy

Posted By: mike H
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:50pm
Hi Martyn,
     Can not wait to get this Connie always been a Big Favorite of mine. Just love the look of a Super G.  Fab looking aircraft.   Making space on my Hard Drive as I write this message!!!!

Regards mike H

-------------
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H

Posted By: hurricanemk1c
Date Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:23pm
Same here! Can't wait!

Now, if anyone buys this beauty, make sure everything is working, take off from Shannon and DON'T crash in the mudflats!

Some Connies did that - KLM's Super Connie L101049E (fleet name Triton) did that!

Kieran

-------------

Posted By: MXP
Date Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:59pm
Cannot WAIT for that to come out.Smile

-------------
Maldivian Air Express

Please Visit http://maldives-mxp.myminicity.com/tra to improve my city. Thanks!

Posted By: zenandzen
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 4:12pm
Hi,
good news this is in development.
On the product's first page it is mentioned as "L-1649A" but on the "more" page we see a list of
"L1049" so i'm wondering if we get both these models or are we talking about the same plane?
Also hoping we may get one in the livery of the H.A.R.S Connie.

http://www.hars.org.au/fleet/constellation/index.html - http://www.hars.org.au/fleet/constellation/index.html
Cheers
Gerry

Posted By: GeorgeM
Date Posted: 23 May 2008 at 12:41pm
I'm really looking forward to this one. Any idea of a time frame? I'm not trying to pin you guys to a specific date, but weeks? Months? Years? Any VC development shots?

Gotta start saving my Cargo Pilot virtual funds for this!

Posted By: Trident
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 9:35am
I'malso looking forward to this release, I just hope the perspective issues are addressed before release, there is a definite 'toe in' on the engines in some shots which will jar a bit!

Posted By: zenandzen
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 10:27am
While we wait for this release ,there is a newly released freeware Constellation at Avsim,......

search for ---Lockheed L-1649A Starliner, Version 1.1 W.I.P.----
Cheers
Gerry

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:16pm
New images have been added Smile

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:22pm
Quote On the product's first page it is mentioned as "L-1649A" but on the "more" page we see a list of
"L1049" so i'm wondering if we get both these models or are we talking about the same plane?

Hi, these are the aircraft that are currently in the pack:

Military C-69 fast transport 

L1049 Airliner

L1049 Super Constellation stretched fuselage and radar nose.

L1049 Super "G" Constellation (wingtanks etc.)

Quote I'm really looking forward to this one. Any idea of a time frame? I'm not trying to pin you guys to a specific date, but weeks? Months? Years? Any VC development shots?

Unfortunately we not sure about release dates at this point in development. I would guess at later this year, possibly early next year. Its very hard to tell

Quote I'malso looking forward to this release, I just hope the perspective issues are addressed before release, there is a definite 'toe in' on the engines in some shots which will jar a bit!

Yes that will be addressed. These images very much reflect a product that is 'in development'

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 1:16pm
She is looking even better Martyn Thumbs%20Up lt will be worth the wait, Well done to all the team at JF.
  Regards Mike

-------------

Regards mike H

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 10:13am
Virtual cockpit images added!

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 12:20pm
WTongueW  She is getting better and better with every post. Still counting the day's. Thanks Martynfor the pic's.   VC is just Fab. Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Regards mike H

Posted By: Edward Longe
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:16pm

When Will the game be realesd because it's been in development since july

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 10:34pm
Unfortunately we don't have a firm release date as yet. Best guess would be sometime around Jan/Feb...

Posted By: johnsmithfsx
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 2:00am
Looks like a nice aircraft Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: signmanbob
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:45pm
This is real a good looking simulation.  How accurate is the flight deck systems?  It hope it is not a watered down version as far as accuracy and function in the cockpit.
I would love to see some previews that show flight deck functions.  Like a film on startup procedures.

You should get in contact with Cody Bergland of Jaggyroad Films and let him make some promo films showing this beauty at it's best. http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/ - http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/
Cody is the best and most talented in his field.

When will this be available for pre-order?  I believe I would like to have the boxed version of this product from the start.

Bob

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 5:22pm
Bob, we're already in touch with Cody about doing some other work for us.  I'd think Constellation Professional will be one that we give to Cody for him to do his stuff with.

Thanks

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 7:25pm
"Bob, we're already in touch with Cody about doing some other work for us.  I'd think Constellation Professional will be one that we give to Cody for him to do his stuff with. "

That's great to hear.  His films have influenced me to buy several aircraft sims already.  He can present a good aircraft very dramatically.

I will definately be looking forward for the release of this Constellation and especially if the cockpit and systems are accurately modeled (at least to the extent that FSX allows).

Bob

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 3:07pm
New images have been added, showing the VC/cabin/exterior details

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Phantom Leader
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:40am
Guys, I see something on one of the images above that somehow just doesn't look quite right.  And I'm not trying to "pick" here, so don't be offended.  On the image of that beautifully shiny starboard wing, on the back side of the wing, (above the flaps) it looks like the wing is either transparent or, you're seeing the *reflection* of the ground, apparently behind the plane. (which would be impossible)  I would think the reflection should look more like the above clouds!  Again, I don't mean to be picking here, but somehow, it just doesn't look right.  At the same time, I give you guys an awful lot of credit for getting the dang thing to look so darn shiny to begin with!!!  Beautiful!!!!

Phantom Leader

-------------
I thought *you* put the gear down!

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:43am
Message deleted.  The above message does pertain to *this* forum.

Phantom Leader

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

New images have been added, showing the VC/cabin/exterior details

The Constellation is looking fantasitic!  If this plane flies as realistic as it looks, it will be quite something.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:54pm
RAS....or anyone on the J.F. staff,

Do any of you guys see what I was talking about in regards to the reflection on that starboard wing?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 8:12pm
Hi,

The 'see-through wing' issue was in an early beta. Its fixed now Smile

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 8:18pm
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the fast reply!  Glad to hear that it wasn't just "my eyes"!!! .  I thought that something just didn't look right with that.  Well, glad you guys got it fixed and am looking forward to seeing / getting this baby when she's done!

Phantom Leader

-------------

Posted By: concorde380
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 2:49pm
cant wait for this to come out

-------------
When you need to get your cargo from one place to another...Remember Pedro's Cargo

Print Page | Close Window