Print Page | Close Window

"did 'ya see that ludicrous display last night?"

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4096
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 7:46pm

Topic: "did 'ya see that ludicrous display last night?"
Posted By: twright
Subject: "did 'ya see that ludicrous display last night?"
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 11:04pm

Hi!

Just wondered if anyone watches the new series of "The IT Crowd" on Friday nights on Channel 4? It's hilarious.... basically about a pair of IT technicians who are... well a bit gorky!!

And before you ask, the title is a quote from Friday's episode!!! 

-------------
Kind regards,
Tom

Replies:
Posted By: icudan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 6:10pm
Still waiting to catch it, got the first two series on DVD, love it!!!

-------------
Regards,
Dan

Posted By: 767nutter
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 7:44pm
i don't really get it, watched a scene with one of the main characters in a pub asking to speak to his mate, turns to the guy sitting next to him and says '' excuse me please '' and you hear the background laughter, i don't get it, or am i missing something? Confused

Posted By: twright
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

i don't really get it, watched a scene with one of the main characters in a pub asking to speak to his mate, turns to the guy sitting next to him and says '' excuse me please '' and you hear the background laughter, i don't get it, or am i missing something? Confused

Oh you need to watch the beginning bit to find that bit funny! Basically the whole episode is about him trying to be a "real man" so he's learning these football phrases and reciting them in a cockney accent to make him sound like a "real man".  When he says "excuse me please" he says that in his usual, geeky, slightly poofy voice!

-------------
Kind regards,
Tom

Posted By: icudan
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 3:30pm
What was Wenger thinking putting Walcott on that early in the game??? .

Watched it on the Channel 4 website last night!

-------------
Regards,
Dan

Print Page | Close Window