Forum Description: Discussion area for Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32559
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:01pm

Topic: Avro Vulcan Questions
Posted By: Chuck_Owl
Subject: Avro Vulcan Questions
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm
Hi!

I was wondering... would it be possible to create a forum specifically for the Avro Vulcan? (a bit like the Canberra forum). I think it would be a good idea to centralize information.

I also had a bunch of other questions:

-How are we supposed to start the AAPP/APU? The manual gives a couple of directives like "open the AAPP scoop" or "set AAPP Master Switch ON", but at the moment the levers on the AAPP control panel switches do not appear to be clickable (unless I'm missing something).

-Is the AAPP modelled at the moment?

-Is the Dive/Climb (Autopilot Pitch Control) switch supposed to be working? I can't seem to be able to click on it at the moment. I used it on the Canberra and it worked fine... so maybe it's a bug?

-Are there improvements in systems depth planned in the future? (electrical systems for instance)

-Does the SMOKE ON / SMOKE OFF option do anything? (I'm talking about the executable in the file folders) I haven't found any difference so far with or without that option.

Thanks in advance! The JF Vulcan is a fantastic product so far.

Replies:
Posted By: petesmiffy
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 6:34pm
AAPP is mostly inert. I've been following the routine in the tutorial flight rather than the checklist. It is annoying when a checklist asks for the impossible.

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Chuck_Owl Chuck_Owl wrote:

Hi!

I was wondering... would it be possible to create a forum specifically for the Avro Vulcan? (a bit like the Canberra forum). I think it would be a good idea to centralize information.

I also had a bunch of other questions:

-How are we supposed to start the AAPP/APU? The manual gives a couple of directives like "open the AAPP scoop" or "set AAPP Master Switch ON", but at the moment the levers on the AAPP control panel switches do not appear to be clickable (unless I'm missing something).

-Is the AAPP modelled at the moment?

-Is the Dive/Climb (Autopilot Pitch Control) switch supposed to be working? I can't seem to be able to click on it at the moment. I used it on the Canberra and it worked fine... so maybe it's a bug?

-Are there improvements in systems depth planned in the future? (electrical systems for instance)

-Does the SMOKE ON / SMOKE OFF option do anything? (I'm talking about the executable in the file folders) I haven't found any difference so far with or without that option.

Thanks in advance! The JF Vulcan is a fantastic product so far.

Thanks and yes will sort a dedicated section for the Vulcan by Monday.  Oversight on our part there.

Posted By: Chrissykes
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:02pm
Just tried the vulcan and I don't have smoke either with either settings on the exe.

Posted By: Bigcringe
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:39am
I have a few issues with the lack of smoke. Now I know XH558 smoked as she wound up the engines but I also know that XM655 does not smoke as much in the same situation. 
This product was based on XM655 so is there a smoke issue or is the sim just doing the smoke effects from XM655 onto all the Vulcans?

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:50pm
I had that thought process as to the 301's creating less smoke than the 201's. I have been trying to find videos of a 301 engined vulcan to check against.

Posted By: Bigcringe
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:52pm
I believe there are videos of XM655 doing fast runs and even though the throttles are not open at full power for very long there is little smoke. 
I have stood at the end of the runway at RAF Waddington and there is quite a cloud when XH558 runs up the throttles for takeoff

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:57pm
So I have the vulcan bible (the vulcan bmk2 from a different angle) which lists the first aircraft in this video as a 301 engined vulcan which is deffinatly smoking on take off! https://youtu.be/js3AWp1AM94

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:23am
We're working on smoke effects with better performance before enabling them by default.

There will be improvements/additions to various systems, e.g. fully-functional electrical system with RAT, AAPP, autopilot pitch/bank/speed hold etc. These will be documented in the update notes as they get added, and the product page lists the systems that are currently included.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Print Page | Close Window