Print Page | Close Window

Traffic Global - concerned about updates

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32537
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:34am

Topic: Traffic Global - concerned about updates
Posted By: Ray Proudfoot
Subject: Traffic Global - concerned about updates
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 7:52pm
I have just bought a new PC and have installed P3D v4.3. I have given up trying to get MyTraffic6 installed as it causes frequent crashes even before the free flight menu is displayed. Pity as it had a huge database of flights.

I am looking for a replacement and have followed discussion on AvSim about Traffic Global. Unfortunately the opinions on it are pretty negative. Users say updates are infrequent and feedback from the developers has more or less dried up.

Given this is a product in development I would expect progress to be fairly rapid. Can anyone advise if any further updates are expected and an anticipated release date?

-------------
Cheers,
Ray.

Replies:
Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:32am
Hi Ray,
Traffic Global is still being worked on. We have a set of extra aircraft currently in the works, amongst other enhancements to the existing fleet and app. 
It is true that we are currently taking a brief hiatus from the day-to-day development whilst these are being worked on, and to attend to some other pressing tasks, but we'll be back with an update to the software before the new year, and then we'll be looking to finish off the package and come out of Early Access early next year. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:37am
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply. Could you elaborate on how many aircraft are to be added. I would also be interested in how many airlines are operating to / from Manchester (EGCC). That will give me a good idea how up-to-date the schedules are.

-------------
Cheers,
Ray.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 5:27pm
Hello Rich,

In your earlier reply to me you said you would be adding extra aircraft to Traffic Global before the end of 2018. We are just 18 days away so how are things progressing?

I’m close to making a decision and it’s either your product or Flight 1’s UT Live. Convince me I should buy yours.

-------------
Cheers,
Ray.

Posted By: supertrucker1681
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 1:29am
So the end of the year is here and still no recent update with new aircraft and such. I'm looking for a wider array of GA aircraft and a fleet of military aircraft such as in your last version of Traffic. Thus far I'm only at about a 60% satisfaction rating of this product. When is this new update you're talking about gonna happen as the end of the year is in just a couple days?Ouch

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:05am
Because of the lack of info I've purchased another Ai package.

-------------
Cheers,
Ray.

Posted By: Ray Fry
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:54pm
I have noticed that the post about the new year updated has been deleted by JF, I am beginning to wonder myself if TG is on the backburner in favour of other projects, your not winning friends on the support site.

Regards Ray Fry. 

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

I have noticed that the post about the new year updated has been deleted by JF, I am beginning to wonder myself if TG is on the backburner in favour of other projects, your not winning friends on the support site.

Regards Ray Fry. 

Which post has been deleted Ray and where?  On this forum or on the TG forum?

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:11am
My mistake it was another post by rich 18 days ago that been deleted. 
but last part of my post is worrying simmers are not a patient lot. 
Ray Fry.

Posted By: John57
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
I might be a bit of topic but I bought TG and installed it in P3dv4. Flying from LOWW to EGLL (flytampa and UK 2000) using Oncourse Simulation PF3 ATC I could hear the respective airlines being called (Easy, Ryanair etc.) but no airborne or ground aircraft. I have since done a clean installation but no matter what fiddling still see no aircraft. On approach to EGLL I did notice FPS drop so something was going on but can anybody answer my question why nothing is visible.
John

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 12:04pm
I have the answer to this problem, I have spent the last 2 months working in TG to enhance the product I now have a custom built Traffic Global Airport Facilities Scenery Folder which is 48MB in size, the Traffic Global Airlines Bgl is 20.939KB. and growing.
Pass this on to Rich.
Regards Ray Fry.

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

My mistake it was another post by rich 18 days ago that been deleted. 
but last part of my post is worrying simmers are not a patient lot. 
Ray Fry.

No problem Ray.

Just as a quick update, we simply ran out of time to issue the small update by the end of the year.  Our apologies it will happen in early Jan, it's almost ready.  And the rest of the plans for TG and 2019 are as per Rich's post.

Thanks

Posted By: chrisnic
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:43pm
Good day

Are you perhaps going to do a paint for Comair  (Kulula)  South Africa affiliated to BA.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1MSIM_enZA824ZA824&biw=1536&bih=737&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=fRsqXKbtA-eHrwS7ia4g&q=comair+b737&oq=comair+b737&gs_l=img.3..0i24.36568.38524..38969...0.0..0.278.1574.2-6......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i7i30j0i7i5i30j0i8i7i30.FeeaJ3DwTR0#imgrc=gbuNZCET2Jn0VM:

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
Hello Ray, I located the Traffic Global Airport Facilities Scenery Folder and at the moment mine is 52.828 KB in size. Is this what you mean to be the problem, being rise in frames hit.
I must take everything back, have used the Lorby tool to reorganize my scenery and now have both static and moving traffic at EGLL.
I must see how it fairs with the FSL A320X though.
John

Posted By: mikee
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:24pm
Hello ,
I have purchased Traffic Global on the 12/05/2018 . Since then I haven't Installed it yet due to the reason that it is not yet finished ! I am Waiting for the last Small Update as you have mentioned on the 31/12/2018 and then Finally for the Final package that will come out of Early Access early next year (again as Rich mentioned on the 19/11/1018).
Any idea When are you going to finish the product?
I have not buy any other AI product for my P3DV4 Since I was Very Satisfied with your Older AI Programs !

Thank you ,

Mike Georgiou

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm
Hi Mike,
An update is coming shortly. At the moment some new liveries are being painted for inclusion in the update along with some extra flight plans and as soon as they are complete the update will be released. 

Getting Traffic Global out of Early Access very soon is a priority for us this year. The development hiatus is almost over and we will have some very exciting announcements about the future of the product for you very soon. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: mikee
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi Mike,
An update is coming shortly. At the moment some new liveries are being painted for inclusion in the update along with some extra flight plans and as soon as they are complete the update will be released. 

Getting Traffic Global out of Early Access very soon is a priority for us this year. The development hiatus is almost over and we will have some very exciting announcements about the future of the product for you very soon. 

Great News ! Thank you very much for your quick reply .

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:38pm
I hope your right Rich I have done a lot of testing with TG and user experience will very from user to user, turning the globe into a parking lot is the way to increase traffic due to the way TG works, and to me this is a problem that will hold TG back.

Regards Ray Fry.   

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:45pm
I just did a flight from Gatwick (UK2000) to Schipol (Fly Tampa).
Firstly I noticed the Easyjet motif on the Airbus engine cowling is back to front!
My biggest problem was my frames sank to 3-6 on approach in the Flightsim Labs A320X.
In Prepar3dV4 the traffic was set to 20%.
Unfortunatly there remains only one option and that is to deinstall TG untill I get around to upgrading what is quite a hot PC.
I do look forward to using it though, it fulfills what I had been looking for.
Continue work on what will be a great product Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm
I forgot to say it would be great if areas of the globe could be turned off to free up resources but I guess it is too far in the development for that.

John

Print Page | Close Window