Print Page | Close Window

Airliner Pilot

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32524
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:35am

Topic: Airliner Pilot
Posted By: Alan Clewley
Subject: Airliner Pilot
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 6:44pm
After about 10 x flights I go to fly the 11th and load plane and open ATC window and doesn't give me information regarding the flight,Just asks me what direction i want to take off from very irritating, Does anybody know anything that can be done thanks

-------------
alanclewley

Replies:
Posted By: ThomasAH
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:42am
Which simulator are you using?

Did you prepare/load a flight plan (without that ATC wouldn't know where you want to fly to)?
If you did that and are just not satisfied with default ATC, there are various programs that replace the default ATC coming with FSX/P3D, and some even work with X-Plane.

I personally use PF3 ATC with FSX (works with P3D and FS9, too, and you can buy a plugin to make it work with X-Plane) and would never go back to FSX's default ATC, but the other ATC replacements (Radar Contact, PRO-ATC/X, VoxATC, Pilot2ATC) are good, too, so you can pick the one that suits your preferences most. All these have to be paid for (once, no subscription needed), for some you can get demo versions to try them first.

And finally you could talk to real people for ATC services when using VATSIM, IVAO (free, but service is not always available) or PilotEdge (paid/subscription, limited to certain areas in the US, guaranteed service)

Print Page | Close Window