Print Page | Close Window

Steam Engine JT BR Clan,,stops mid-route

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Trains
Forum Name: JT General Discussion
Forum Description: General discussion of Just Trains range of Rail/Train Simulator products
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32490
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:25pm

Topic: Steam Engine JT BR Clan,,stops mid-route
Posted By: jack72
Subject: Steam Engine JT BR Clan,,stops mid-route
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 2:50pm
Currently I am running the JT BR Clan Class 6. The scenario is the School Special - West of Scotland Port Road.

I have about 8 miles to go to the station (50 minutes in to the game) and have successfully travelled through a 1.5 up grade track (about 7 miles), 1.1 down grade track (about 5 miles), then upgrade about 1.5 (about 2 miles). At this point the engine starts to slow as I expect because of the terrain. I then hit a level area where I continue to slow.

I look at my vital signs and everything is where they should be, with the exception of the Steam Chest Pressure (at 0).
Boiler pressure at about 221 psi,
Steam chest pressure -- 0 - this is what concerns me.
Fire mass 815 Lbs
Steam Generator at 3900
Steam Usage at 2891
Water level running about 95%, let it drop to 75% then refill as needed
Coal at about 52%, will let it drop to 47% then refill to about 54%.

Using these numbers I have successfully travelled through up hill section, level sections at speed or close to.

But this one section that is levle (0.0 grade), I continue to loose speed and eventually stop. I cannot get going again. I figure it must be the Steam chest at 0, but I don't know how to get this up so the piston fire.

Any suggestions.

Print Page | Close Window