Print Page | Close Window

Avro Lancaster

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32458
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 5:06pm

Topic: Avro Lancaster
Posted By: fender130173
Subject: Avro Lancaster
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:32am
Just Got the Lancaster, the basic autopilot works, but it won't do an approach for an ILS?

anyone know how to fix this?

-------------
"United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."

United 329: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."

Replies:
Posted By: petesmiffy
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 12:43pm
Most of us can't even work the A/P!!
Alt Hold seems to work for everyone but Hdg is a problem, unless you want to fly North.
I find using the A/P Turn Lever to be a very hit or miss affair.
I noticed that the A/P tries to maintain the Direction Indicator at "0", by feeding a false setting to the D/I you can "fool" the A/P into holding a heading.
How are you managing to hold a heading?

Posted By: Adamski_NZ
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by fender130173 fender130173 wrote:

Just Got the Lancaster, the basic autopilot works, but it won't do an approach for an ILS?
anyone know how to fix this?
Well ... ILS autoland wouldn't have been around in WWII days, I suspect, but I have managed to tune the nav radio to an ILS beacon and the needles seem to work OK - for localiser and glideslope - but they do need a bit of getting used to!! You just fly in manually, following the needles.

I can get the A/P to obey by using repeated left/right inputs on the steering lever. There's a bit of momentum and lag to it, but again - I suspect that's how it works in RL.

Adam.

-------------
http://www.nzfsim.org/" rel="nofollow">
www.nzfsim.org

Print Page | Close Window