Print Page | Close Window

Warrior II - 30 FPS drop over default aircraft

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32364
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:14pm

Topic: Warrior II - 30 FPS drop over default aircraft
Posted By: Ekar
Subject: Warrior II - 30 FPS drop over default aircraft
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
Hi - 

I recently bought the JF_PA28_Warrior II for X-Plane11, thinking this would be a nicely detailed plane for VR flying. While it looks really nice, unfortunately I've been very disappointed with the graphical performance of this addon, which has decreased the framerate by 30 frames over the default X-Plane Cesna, and has rendered VR flying off-limits with this plane. 

I have a decent PC and GPU (CPU is 4.5GHz overclocked and videocard is GTX 980 - 4GB VRam), and can manage smooth frames in VR with default planes and fairly high settings. By lowering texture settings to minimum in X-Plane, I can still nowhere reach a flyable framerate with the Warrior (fps goes up maybe 5 frames over my default setting of 'high' for textures), so this doesn't appear to be an issue of going out of video memory. 

I have mostly seen general comments about good performance. If I was aware of such a big hit on performance on my machine I would not have purchased this addon (I like to fly solely in VR). Would love to know if there's a potential workaround for this and if not, to discuss the possibility of a refund. I would love to enjoy flying this plane in VR (hats off to the dev team for a beautiful looking and flying plane) but at the moment I just can't... 

Thanks very much for your time,
Ekar

Print Page | Close Window