Forum Name: F-Lite
Forum Description: Discussion zone for the F-Lite range of Add-Ons
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32328
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:35pm

Topic: Pitot Heat Switch
Posted By: Flying Kiwi
Subject: Pitot Heat Switch
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:32pm
Do either the 747 or DC-10 have a pitot heat switch? If so, whereabouts is it, please?

I know both planes are made without a number of functioning switches, but I would have thought a pitot heat switch is one you would want to have working.

I have had problems with airspeed indicator failures on both aircraft (especially when encountering rain at higher altitudes, where ice gets mixed in, but also when flying in cold weather lower down), despite having anti-ice on. But it seems I need pitot heat to avoid this problem.

There's always Shift + H, I suppose, but otherwise whereabouts is the pitot heat switch on either plane? Or is it just non-operational? If so, maybe something to fix in any future updates.

Replies:
Posted By: Mike Hart
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:38pm
Flying Kiwi the DC-10 has pitot heat switch it is on the Overhead Panel right hand side to the left and above the engine inlet heat switches (3) on the same side. It is switchable whether it works I am not sure.

There is also a wing deicing or heat switch that is located in the middle of the FE station panel. 

Print Page | Close Window