Print Page | Close Window

Fairchild Hiller FH-227B

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32201
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 6:15am

Topic: Fairchild Hiller FH-227B
Posted By: jymp
Subject: Fairchild Hiller FH-227B
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:11am
There really should be consideration given to developing a Fairchild Hiller FH-227, you already have the Fokker F.27, all that would need to be done is stretch the fuselage a simulated 6 ft in front of the wings, adjust the ride height, give the engines a bit more power and you have a whole new plane to sell, and I'd do it for X-Plane too

Replies:
Posted By: snave
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
 Think of the expression "All that you need to do" as being a metaphor for `having no clue what's needed` - and thus better not asked.

It would need a complete new model, different FDE and a lot other detailed changes. 

The FH-227 bears more similarity to the Fokker F27-500, although it was still dissimilar to that, appearing some two years before the -500

The JF Fokker F-27 is variously the -100, -200 and the -300... Embarrassed

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm
Only an idea is all, for any dev that's looking for an aircraft that hasn't been done yet.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm
By now it would have been, if there were a demand.

There hasn't, so there isn't. 

Only three people have mentioned it in all the FSX forums in the past even years.

So you're probably a lone voice in the wilderness, about to be eaten by wolves.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 9:42pm
Well aren't you just the typical keyboard cowboy, get over yourself junior, done.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 8:40am
Well, that's told me. 
Doesn't make you less isolated sadly, or less wrong.

I do admit I wondered why JF chose the -100, -200 and -300. 

The greatest production numbers were for the -400 and -500 but I guess they used what they could obtain specs and pics for, rather than simply stretch anything.

Print Page | Close Window