Forum Name: L-1011 TriStar
Forum Description: Discussion area for L-1011 TriStar
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32139
Printed Date: 04 May 2024 at 9:44am

Topic: L-1011 Autopilot tutorials?
Posted By: jfwharton
Subject: L-1011 Autopilot tutorials?
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:26pm
I recently purchased the L-1011 pro and am trying to get used to this aircraft.  Can anyone recommend any tutorials on using the autopilot.  I'm finding it a bit frustrating.  So far after takeoff on climb out I engaged the autopilot and then the nose pitched up and the aircraft stalled.  Another time I'm trying to get used to using the FMS which I just got working and again the aircraft starts climbing for no reason that I can figure out as yet and stalls.  So any information would be helpful.  In the mean time guess I'll keep trying and using the trial by error method.

Replies:
Posted By: AndyUK
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:27pm
There's a step by step tutorial flight in the manual starting on page 123, configuring the autopilot starts on page 130.

Andy L

Posted By: jfwharton
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 9:37pm
Thanks for the information.  I saw the tutorial but haven't gone through it completely.  Currently I'm flying out of KDEN so the altitude seems to have an effect on this aircraft that I wasn't expecting.  On takeoff at 6,000 ft the aircraft is extremely slow to accelerate and slow on climb out.  Which is probably I'm having trouble getting the autopilot set.

Print Page | Close Window