Print Page | Close Window

Vickers Vanguard

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32090
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:18pm

Topic: Vickers Vanguard
Posted By: Max D
Subject: Vickers Vanguard
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 12:57pm
With the superb collection of classic British aircraft that Just Flight have produced, including the Viscount, BAC 1-11, VC10 and HS 748, one further aircraft that begs to be simulated and would complement this collection of planes is the Vickers Vanguard, together with the Merchantman freighter conversion that flew from the earlier 60's until 1996.

As I am sure you are aware, there is a complete example preserved at Brooklands. The Vanguard also happens to be the first plane I ever flew on, from Heathrow to Palma and back, in the mid '60s, so I do have a slightly biased attachment to this plane!

This must be among the most beautiful aeroplanes ever produced, and had a capacity to match the 737'a and A320's of today; also the Vanguard was a very fast turboprop with sector times not far short of the jets of its time on routes such as Dublin, Amsterdam and Paris etc.

This would be a superb addition to the Just Flight hangar, and one worth considering?

-------------
However busy, days or nights
Always time for timeless flights!

Replies:
Posted By: simondix
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:51am
I would also like to see a Vanguard.  I also flew in one G-APEU in a charter for Air scouts from Hurn to Heathrow the Sunday after the Vanguard crashed there.  Lovely aircraft.

-------------
Simon

Print Page | Close Window