Forum Name: VC10 Jetliner
Forum Description: Discussion area for VC10 Jetliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32042
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:18pm

Topic: More on the WX Advantage Radar
Posted By: rayp
Subject: More on the WX Advantage Radar
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:25pm
I have installed this radar gauge as instructed but find a problem when vewing it on the Navigator's Panel.  The existing radar unit appears to have a round screen in the centre and the WX radar appears in this area only.  However, the WX unit is square and seems to lie behind the existing gauge surround.  This means it can only be altered to fit the screen circle.  This makes it so small as to be almost impossible to see or use.  Is there any way that the WX unit can be made to sit on top of the existing radar unit so that it can be adjusted to fit over the whole of the  of the existing gauge, i.e. over the black surround and the screen area.  This will make it a useable size.

Replies:
Posted By: rayp
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 4:32pm
I have come to a compromise with this gauge.  On the Navigator's Panel I only added the screen part of the WX radoar and made it the same size as the original screen bitmap and in the same place.  This  shows the WX radar screen more or less filling the round screen cutout in the a/c panel.  Then the 2d popup panel of the Radar is made a "type = special" in the panel cfg which keeps it on screen all the time even with changes in vc camera view to enable use of the controls..

Print Page | Close Window