Print Page | Close Window

2D autopilot pop-up for the VC-10?

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: VC10 Jetliner
Forum Description: Discussion area for VC10 Jetliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32031
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:25pm

Topic: 2D autopilot pop-up for the VC-10?
Posted By: stratocruiser2
Subject: 2D autopilot pop-up for the VC-10?
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm
I am a big fan of 2D pop-ups for certain parts of the panel and use them a lot when they are included with an aircraft. I would love to see some becoming available for the VC-10, particularly a pop-up for the autopilot which, because of its position, can be a bit difficult to access. Just a potential idea for a future update?

Bill

Replies:
Posted By: flyforever
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 10:44am
JF made it clear that existing planes and future ones will no longer have 2d panels. It's too bad , since as you mention, some cockpit features would be more easily accessible via 2d.

-------------
FV

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
What a pity - I had thought they were referring to complete 2D panels which wouldn't bother me as I always fly using the VC. I note that many developers including PMDG, Quality Wings, A2A, etc provide multiple 2D pop-ups for various panel functions which I certainly find very useful and use a lot.

Bill

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 6:58pm
Just flight and other developers are making a big mistake by not allowing the creation of 2D panels.
It keeps most serious simmers away from these aircrafts.
I own quite a few JF planes, but don't fly them anymore simply because I cannot have a few 2d panels for my IFR flying.
I looked at the VC10 demo and like it. However, I've decided not to purchase it, knowing that it has the same "2d" pop up panels issue.
Indeed, it's a pity, and I am puzzled by the lack of interest regarding this one feature. Again,
there was a time when gauges could simply be added with fspanel. I didn't mind making my own 2d popup. Now, it seems the developers have made it impossible to do it this way.

-------------
FV

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
The VC-10 is a very nice product - good virtual cockpit modelling, realistic sounds and flight dynamics - overall quite an immersive experience. However I personally find that constantly having to pan down and zoom in to the pedestal to see the autopilot is quite tedious and I think, for this reason, I won't be flying it anything like as much as I should be. There is a lot to be said for the convenience of having the ability to display frequently used parts of the panel on a separate monitor. I use 3 monitors with the VC on my main one, any available pop-up windows for panel functions on the second and usually a navigation display +/- the AS16 window on the third.

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Hi chaps,
What I'd suggest is to use the VC views in a pop out window. That way it does the same job as a 2D panel, but is a little more flexible. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:22pm
Gee, I had not thought of that. Let me try it.

-------------
FV

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:06pm
Tried it - seemed like a good idea and although you can open a 'new view' window to show the AP controls on the centre console, unfortunately the zoom and pan controls will then only work on that window (not on the main VC view) which is not ideal.

Print Page | Close Window