Print Page | Close Window

Traffic Global

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31936
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm

Topic: Traffic Global
Posted By: Herky
Subject: Traffic Global
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:22am
Any news on Traffic Global release?

I think the P3dv4 community is crying out for a good traffic add on. The "Live Traffic" offering looks set to be stuck in beta for a while...

Would be a nice Christmas pressent to myself!

Regards

David

-------------
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Replies:
Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:09am
Hi David,
It's coming along. We're still building and painting aircraft so I'm not sure if we'll be ready for a Christmas release. Hopefully before Christmas we'll be able to show you lots more screenshots and videos of Traffic Global though. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Herky
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi David,
It's coming along. We're still building and painting aircraft so I'm not sure if we'll be ready for a Christmas release. Hopefully before Christmas we'll be able to show you lots more screenshots and videos of Traffic Global though. 

Great to hear!

I am already baulking at the sight of all those Orbit and Pacifica P3dv4 native AI models infesting Heathrow..Ugh!

Best regards
David

-------------
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Posted By: Ray Fry
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:42pm
UTL for P3Dv4 is out but ill wait for you guys as I prefer to support JF.
Ray Fry. 

Posted By: Tutmeister
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:06am
Am using utl for now as it is not .bgl and doesn’t seem to affect load times and performance like mt6 did. Is global traffic a bgl based add on or not? I’m looking forward to trying it as I generally buy your products as they are great and I’m sure this will have great models and support.
Chris
Chris

Posted By: Dave1981
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 4:55pm
Just curious if there is any estimate on a release for this like weeks or months? I am looking at Ultimate Traffic live as I just don't have the time to do all the updating of AI manually anymore. Traffic global looks to have better models and appears to be more up to date. I just don't want to purchase UTL only to see this released right after. 

Thanks,

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 9:31am
Hi Dave,
We're certainly hoping to release within weeks rather than months at this point. 

-------------

Posted By: Vesa.K
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Hey Rich, is there any information about when this is released?
The weeks pass but nothing new  bellowing?

Posted By: bobwad
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm
I'm looking forward to this release (hopefully very soon!!). I currently have MyTraffic Version 6.0 but it's well past its sell by date and there doesn't seem to be any hope of an update.

I previously had the Traffic series (X, Military Packs, 360) but again moved away due to them getting outdated.

It would be great if JF commit to keeping Traffic Global as up to date as possible with regular releases of schedules, repaints (for example the new Easyjet scheme), etc.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:37pm
Any news on a release date yet?

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 12:18pm
Hi,
We're not ready to give a release date yet I'm afraid. We're building our entire fleet of aircraft from the ground up and unfortunately that has taken a bit longer than we anticipated. However, we've hit some big milestones since Christmas and I'm looking forward to showing off the progress soon. 

Until then, here's a little teaser

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 3:34pm
I've been teased stick it in my cart.
Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:42pm
These models look terrific Rich!

Definitely on my list.
Bob

Posted By: Christopher Low
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:01am
Have the "aircraft carrier deck landings" of the AI planes been addressed in this package, or is that more of an FSX/P3D base code problem?

Posted By: tucanto
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 1:42pm
I hope that despite all these hurry up please from people, that it will not be rushed and brought out with out being fully tested and bugs sorted and I hope we will be able to stop general civil traffic landing on Military Airfields.   

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 2:03pm
Hi,
All the flight plans featured in Traffic Global have been based on real-world commercial flight data. Unless there is a scheduled flight running between a commercial airport and a military base somewhere in the world, you shouldn't be seeing any errant flight plans like that (unless you make them yourself of course). 

Quote Have the "aircraft carrier deck landings" of the AI planes been addressed in this package, or is that more of an FSX/P3D base code problem?

That's something that the sim governs and isn't altered by Traffic Global. However, there are a number of utilities out there that can improve how AI aircraft behave in general. 

-------------

Posted By: Vesa.K
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 5:06pm
Removes the double airplane in the air, and standstill airplanes near the airport and landing.
Traffic 360 had a lot of these problems.

Cheers Vesa.K

Posted By: rosariomanzo
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 5:36pm
Looking good, nice work!
Will there be an upgrade offer from Traffic 360?

-------------

Posted By: pmb
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:24am
I much acknowledge you will create an up-to-date fleet of AI planes.

Will Traffic Global include GA traffic? Based on the list of aircraft I couldn't identify, e.g., a C172.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:26am
Hi Michael,
This release will include commercial airline traffic only. 
Thanks 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:18pm
There seem to be some significant models missing from the aircraft list in the latest development update, including the 727, 737 (400/500/600), 767 (200/400), A318, RJ70/Bae 146-100, Embraer ERJ135/145/195, CS 100/300, Saab 2000, and Bae Jetstream 41. If you intend to include the latest schedules and flightplans from around the world, then you are going to need most of these.....

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:00pm
There`s the problem with real world traffic you will not see the 747-400 soon, AI with no 747 will not be the same.
Ray Fry.

Posted By: kevinfirth
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 6:41pm
Rich , does this imply there will be a GA AI expansion as well then please, or not? :)
Thanks K

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:52pm

Thanks,
Bob

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by bobwad bobwad wrote:

Thanks,
Bob

No exact date just yet Bob, within the next month or two is our current target.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:42pm
Good, really looking forward to changing over from MT6.

Thanks for the update.

Bob

Posted By: Boeing74
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:48pm
Just a little curious, will Traffic Global be using the new ICAO of OR Tambo Airport (FAOR)? Normally ai addons use the default FSX and P3D ICAO which is FAJS. As far as I know there has yet to be any other traffic addons that have done this. If this is not the case, will there be a way to do this once it has been released?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 7:58am
I'm more interested in when I've been holding of and using the default ai in P3Dv4 for months hoping this would be out soon, most have opted for another ai addon.
Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 8:19am
Hi Ray,
We're getting close now. We're scheduled for next month sometime. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 9:56pm
Cheers Rich will hang on then looking forward to this.
Ray Fry.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

Cheers Rich will hang on then looking forward to this.
Ray Fry.

Some new screenshots were added to the Product page this week too if you wanted to take a look.

Posted By: tucanto
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:20pm
I hope the Military AI aircraft will be represented fully and I have said before I would rather wait with patience that find the product has gone on sale with numerous faults.   

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
Hi Tucanto,
Only commercial airline traffic in this edition. 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:58am
I am very interested in this traffic package. After spending God knows how many hundreds of hours adding models. repaints, and flightplans over the years, I am ready to let someone else do all the hard work Smile All I need to keep from my old AI database are those planes and flightplans that are not included in Traffic Global (hopefully only the executive/charter stuff).

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:24pm
Quote There seem to be some significant models missing from the aircraft list in the latest development update, including the 727, 737 (400/500/600), 767 (200/400), A318, RJ70/Bae 146-100, Embraer ERJ135/145/195, CS 100/300, Saab 2000, and Bae Jetstream 41. If you intend to include the latest schedules and flightplans from around the world, then you are going to need most of these.....

Have any of the above models been added to the Traffic Global list? If not, I would have to keep the relevant models and flightplans from my existing freeware installation.

Posted By: ual763
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 12:06am
Will this product include FedEx, UPS, and Atlas Air flights? If so, I hope you’ll add the DC-10 to the model list as FedEx still has a lot of the, flying. Regards, Rob.

Posted By: sddjd
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 7:22pm
Hi Rich,
Appreciate you participating in this thread. 

As a current user of the UT product I'm eagerly awaiting an alternative and have a couple questions (sim to some in this thread):

Missing models - totally understand it's not possible to model EVERY aircraft variant. Will the software allow users to add and assign their own AI models to fill in the gaps (or use a preferred AI model of their choice in place of the defaults included)?

Custom traffic - it reads as if this will be possible; can you confirm that TG will allow users to import or create their own airline packages (ie TTools files) and assign AI models and airports to them?

Have to second the request for native trijet heavies!

Thanks!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:53am
Hi,

Re the models - it's possible to assign different aircraft to those used by Traffic Global. However, the program is only going to ship with the flight plans for the included aircraft. I have experimented with including all the flight plans in case people wanted to fill them out with aircraft themselves, but it turns the compiling log into a magnum opus with all the flights that it cannot compile. 
Most types are already covered by Traffic Global. However, we are planning to release an upgrade at some point that would include things like updated schedules and extra aircraft. 

Custom traffic - you will certainly be able to create your own flight plans and assign whatever aircraft you like to them. I haven't thought about being able to import packages made in other programs, but if there is sufficient demand then I'm open to it. The flight plans are housed in easily accessible Excel format files, so manually transposing could always be an option. 

I should mention that we are going to release in Early Access format initially (for a reduced price). Due to the huge number of flight plans and aircraft, its going to take a lot of eyeballs to pick out odd flights or livery errors that may have sipped through the net and that's going to be my area of focus for the first few weeks. After that, it will be full speed ahead with adding new features that people want. 
We'll have a separate forum for Traffic Global that only Early Access users will be able to use where suggestions and feedback can be made (and bug reports of course). 

-------------

Posted By: TimFid
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 1:41pm
Hi Rich,

Really excited about the forthcoming release of Traffic Global. I'm a recent convert to P3D and am gradually building up my add-ons. Under my previous system I had FSX running Traffic 360. Whilst I really enjoyed using Traffic 360, one of the frustrations was the large number of missing callsigns. I ended up buying EditVoicePack in order to get them all in. Will that issue be resolved in 360/P3D, or will I still need to obtain EditVoicePack?

Thanks,

Tim

-------------
i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz, 16GB DDR4, GeForceGTX 1070, 3 Monitors in NVIDIA Surround

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:16pm
Early access sounds like an interesting option. I am keen to move away from user added flightplans/models/textures, because it involves a lot of work at times. If I can reduce these to only those flightplans/models that are not included in Traffic Global, it will reduce the workload considerably!

I am hoping that the flightplans are based on the UK summer season, as there are a LOT more charter/holiday flights at that time...

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:33pm
I suspect like other JF Traffic products there will be more to add in the future, having used there traffic product over the years I'm looking forward to this.

Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 9:17am
Hi all, 

Quote Whilst I really enjoyed using Traffic 360, one of the frustrations was the large number of missing callsigns. I ended up buying EditVoicePack in order to get them all in. Will that issue be resolved in 360/P3D, or will I still need to obtain EditVoicePack?

All the aircraft in Traffic Global will have the correct callsigns, parking codes and ICAO atc_model names assigned to every livery/aircraft. In term of expanding the number of those that are supported by the sim, that's not something that is covered by Traffic Global and you'd still need an ATC enhancement. 

Quote I am hoping that the flightplans are based on the UK summer season, as there are a LOT more charter/holiday flights at that time...

The flightplan database is using data from March '18. That will probably be updated to April for the Early Access version, but we'll be able to provide an updated database periodically. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:49pm
As an Early Access user of AH2 I'll definitely be signing up for the TG EA program.

I've been waiting for a while for a good replacement for my outdated MT6.

Any timescale on the early access release date?

Bob

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:46pm
Nothing precise, but this month I hope Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:47pm
Thanks Rich.

Just a thought. Will your Easyjet fleet have the new paint job? I seem to remember an early screenshot with the old one.

I'm currently flying an Aerosoft A319 with the new logo in AH2 and it would be good to see the AI in TG with it too.

Looking forward to the release of TG.

Bob

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:32am
Here's one of the Easy Jet liveries available for the A319:

-------------

Posted By: mlb406
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:15pm
http://prntscr.com/j93hu5" rel="nofollow - Rich - I think you might need to update your photo upload provider!

Max
http://prntscr.com/j93hu5" rel="nofollow -

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:51pm
Thanks, Max
Looks like it had too many views and it got pulled. Should be fixed above now.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:18pm
That's looking good Rich.

The quality of the TG aircraft models is far superior to that in MT6. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Bob

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:46pm
High Rich when you get near to release you should put your preview shot`s on the Avsim front page, as they have asked for news stories for the front page, and I suspect your preview shot`s will turn some heads over there and get a lot of interest.
Ray Fry.

Posted By: Rustydog
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:51pm
Hi Rich, I see Ryanair isn't represented, is it likely to be. Regards Steve

-------------
Steve

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm
Hi Rustydog,
Yes, it will be included!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 6:50pm
Great news. Thankyou.

-------------
Steve

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:36am
I see that Eastern Airways will not be included. A rather important airline for the UK, but not possible without models of the BAe Jetstream 41 and Saab 2000. I have no problem using my existing freeware flightplans and models for this, but other UK flyers may notice the absence!!

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

High Rich when you get near to release you should put your preview shot`s on the Avsim front page, as they have asked for news stories for the front page, and I suspect your preview shot`s will turn some heads over there and get a lot of interest.
Ray Fry.

Ray, we send news of all releases out to all FS websites so they'll have the chance of putting the news and images up on their site.

We're not able to post them up ourselves on their site of course but I'll do what I can to get the news and screenshot featured on as many sites as possible.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Posted By: Roriz
Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:38pm
Hello,

I´m waiting the realase of the Traffic Global with good expectation as all here, but i noticed that all Brazilian´s airlines were not in the previous list. I mean, Azul Linhas Aereas, Gol Linhas Aereas and Avianca Brazil (not Avianca Colombia) were note there. The only one that I saw was Latam but i´m not sure that this latam is the one from Chile only.

This is a final list of airlines ? it this is definitive one update will came after the release ?

Tks a lot for the great job :)

Cesar from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

Date Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:17am
Are we near release as I see it`s priced on early access.
Ray Fry.

Posted By: mikced76
Date Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:42am
Impressive list of airlines, a day one purchase fo me! Naturally you cant get every singe airline in there but still a big player missing seem to be TUI, will it be included?

Date Posted: 05 May 2018 at 3:22pm
Well spotted, Mike. As JustFlight are UK based, I think that we could hope for all of the major UK airlines to be included Smile

Posted By: Todd
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 4:22am
I have to say I'm very impressed with the models and textures. Rivals the Fruit Stand and other excellent freeware I've been using for years. I'm wondering if the day and night textures will be mip-mapped and DXT5? That's a biggie for me. Do you have LOD and poly info? I didn't see these nitty gritty details anywhere, sorry if I missed them.

Posted By: Tutmeister
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:07am
How are these going to be injected into the sim? Are they all installed into the aircraft directory and then there are a load of bgls? Or does it run outside of the sim and inject the ai? Reason I’m asking is mt6 increases the load time of the sim massively because of the huge number of extra models it installs. Compared to utl which runs outside of the sim and doesn’t fill up your aircraft folder or affect load time.
Chris

Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 1:59pm
Quote Are we near release as I see it`s priced on early access.
We are indeed very near the release now!

Quote Impressive list of airlines, a day one purchase fo me! Naturally you cant get every singe airline in there but still a big player missing seem to be TUI, will it be included?

Currently there are Thomson liveries in there, but they will be updated to TUI liveries in due course. 

Quote I have to say I'm very impressed with the models and textures. Rivals the Fruit Stand and other excellent freeware I've been using for years. I'm wondering if the day and night textures will be mip-mapped and DXT5? That's a biggie for me. Do you have LOD and poly info? I didn't see these nitty gritty details anywhere, sorry if I missed them.

Textures are mip-mapped and DXT5 by default. I'm looking at including an option for converting them down to DXT1/3 for anyone looking for performance gains. That said, feedback on the fps from the beta team has been excellent. No OOMs or fps drops even at major airports with maximum traffic. 
The aircraft have been carefully modelled to be both visually appealing and very easy on performance. For example, the 787 model uses 47 drawcalls, 7900 triangles and 7500 texture verts. 

Quote How are these going to be injected into the sim? Are they all installed into the aircraft directory and then there are a load of bgls? Or does it run outside of the sim and inject the ai? Reason I’m asking is mt6 increases the load time of the sim massively because of the huge number of extra models it installs. Compared to utl which runs outside of the sim and doesn’t fill up your aircraft folder or affect load time.

The traffic is loaded into the sim via .bgl files. The aircraft fleet is located outside of the simulator so that it can be used by more than one sim without having to double up on file sizes if you were installing locally (the location is customisable, but is in My Docs by default). 
Traffic Global should have a small footprint - i.e. no modules running in the background and no bloated simobjects folders. 

-------------

Posted By: Roriz
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 4:26pm
Hello Rich,

Do you have news about Brazilian Liveries in this release ?

I mean :

- Gol Airlines
- Azul Airlnes
- Avianca Brazil (different from Avianca Colombia)
- Latam Brazil (Old TAM Airlines, different from Latam Chile)

Tks a lot,

Cesar

Posted By: Todd
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 4:03am
That sounds very good Rich. I'm even more interested in this product. So does that mean one texture sheet each for day and night? 1024 or 2048? Thanks for your info.

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:13pm
Hi Roriz,
Avianca Brazil and Latam are both already in Traffic Global. With missing liveries, we'll hope to expand coverage with expansion packs should they be necessary, but I'm also open to crowd-sourcing liveries. I.e. if someone wants to paint something and send it to me, I can add it to Traffic Global and issue the flight plans for it.  

Hi Todd,
Each aircraft uses 2048 night and day texture sheets. 

Thanks

-------------

Posted By: gronden
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:21pm
Cannot wait to put hands on this.. it looks very promising.

MyTaffic, that I'm using since years, does not look anymore appropriate for P3D4.

Only one question: I have developed my own timeboard. Is it possible to read/export the Ai flights database?

Joe

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:29pm
Hi Joe,
The flight plan database is fully open and readable. 

-------------

Posted By: gronden
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:33pm
Fantastic Thumbs Up

Still more promising.. just waiting for the release

Thanks

Joe

Posted By: Asid
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:46pm
Traffic Global is now available to buy in early access.

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

Regards

Posted By: ThomasAH
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:39pm
I understand that GA aircraft/traffic is not included in the upcoming release, but can you say if this is planned to be included in an update/expansion or if we should seek other ways to add GA traffic?

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:16pm
Hi,
Only commercial airline traffic will be featured in Traffic Global. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:04pm

Thanks for clarification.
What's the recommended way to have GA traffic with Traffic Global? Just use the standard sim settings?

Posted By: newtie
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:05pm
For those of you interested, just did default install, run as admin, of TrafficGlobalEA.

Doesn't work, "Traffic Global has stopped working". 

Event viewer indicates .NET problem. Have latest installed. Have a ticket in on this.

Very disappointed.

Mark

Posted By: wain
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by newtie newtie wrote:

For those of you interested, just did default install, run as admin, of TrafficGlobalEA.

Doesn't work, "Traffic Global has stopped working". 

Event viewer indicates .NET problem. Have latest installed. Have a ticket in on this.

Very disappointed.

Mark

give us a few more details,
sim etc.....
it does work as described, have you tried reinstalling the .net just in case, got to be worth a try surely?
at least you've raised a ticket so they should be looking at it for you....

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:32pm
Strange one this. If anyone can shed light I would be grateful. No AI at UK2000 EGBB Birmingham. All other UK2000 airports are fine. Nothing changed apart from installing Traffic Global.
Kind regards Steve.

I lied......UK2000 EGLL Heathrow is also barren. So some do and some don't have AI.
update.... And when they do show up they never move from the gate. even at default airports. There are AI flying around though.

-------------
Steve

Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:02pm
I have traffic at UK2000, EGLL, EGKK , EGLC , EGBB , EGCC , EGNX, T2Gate LFPG, FlyTampa EHAM,
But I have found all black B737 no texture, turned on airline ai and it`s ELM, That`s why I have a shed load of them at EHAM.
PS P3Dv4 TRAFFIC SETTINGS 100%
Ray Fry.

Posted By: newtie
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:28pm
P3DV4.2

Did all of that already including reinstalling the .exe

Anyway, many folks over at AVSIM have the same problem.

Even tho' this is early access, it's remarkable this wasn't caught during beta.

But hey, what do i know, I just write the check LOL

Mark

Posted By: J.G.
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:58pm

Hi Tucanto,

Are there plans to extend Traffic Global to GA and Military traffic?

Posted By: J.G.
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:01pm

Hi Tucanto,

Are there plans to extend Traffic Global to military and GA traffic?

Posted By: Delta558
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by newtie newtie wrote:

P3DV4.2

Even tho' this is early access, it's remarkable this wasn't caught during beta.

Mark

With a 'relatively' small group of beta testers (about 15, I seem to remember), nobody has had the problem and owing to the apparent nature of your problem if their PC doesn't see it once, it's probably not going to see it at all. Released out into the wild for early access and suddenly you have hundreds of people all with different rigs and FS setups, and out of those there appear to be three who have problems on the Avsim P3D thread (not checked other forums yet).

It'll get fixed - that's part of the point of EA; with the best will in the world, there is so much variety of systems and setups these days that you would need a beta test team of hundreds to cover the majority of options. Start increasing beta tester levels to that point and you are seriously impacting on sales. Less sales equals less likelihood of further development / future products.

This is the first day of EA, I'm sure that your ticket is being looked at and that you'll have either an answer or a direct contact to try to get to the bottom of the problem fairly shortly. Meanwhile, apologies for the fact that you have bought a product that is currently not useable on your sim but hopefully we will have you up and running in short order.

Cheers,
Paul.

Posted By: BBCM
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:37am
Would it be possible to view the manual before purchasing? Or is 
there not really that much there in the manual to view?

Thanks - Bob 

Posted By: raptorunit
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:31am
Hi,
    I have FSXSE and brought Traffic Global and it installed fine, I did a default install and also had no issues but once I came to opening the Traffic app and it will not open no matter what I try.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea to what this issue could be?
Thank You

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:56am
We need to remember that this is an Early Access version. This means that it is effectively still in beta testing, but that it has been "opened up" to a much larger group of users (with vastly different combinations of CPU/GPU/operating system etc). Releasing an "Early Access" version of a product is (I assume) intended to capture potential problems like this, so any purchasers should always be prepared to experience issues.

I will be installing Traffic Global tonight, and testing it over the weekend (in P3D v3.4). I will report back when I have some useful feedback to offer.

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:14am
Originally posted by J.G. J.G. wrote:

Are there plans to extend Traffic Global to GA and Military traffic?

No, see some posts further up:

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:29am
Only commercial airline traffic in Traffic Global is not the same as there will never be GA or military packs . Having used JF traffic product before I have military packs in my account.
Ray Fry.  

Posted By: f-bird
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:51am
Is it possible to include models from FAIB or FSPX?

Posted By: wain
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by raptorunit raptorunit wrote:

Hi,
    I have FSXSE and brought Traffic Global and it installed fine, I did a default install and also had no issues but once I came to opening the Traffic app and it will not open no matter what I try.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea to what this issue could be?
Thank You

I installed to a drive not the one it suggests, have you tried this? then I go to TG in my windows menu on the bottom left of the screen (win 10), scoll to JF, find Traffic and right click to run as adminstrator....

Posted By: kmw350
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:52pm
Hi, this looks very interesting. I currently use UT2, and might give this a try soon.
But I am very interested to know, does this software offer any improvement to the actual behaviour of the AI traffic ?
i.e. the separation distances, taxiing, 'awareness' of the player aircraft, etc (those issues that AISmooth, AI Separation and other utilities have worked to improve, with varying success).

Thanks

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:10pm
I have installed the tools in E Storage Drive/programme files, created a shortcut to exe to desktop,
and like your sims C: your documents Traffic Global the manual is there.
Ray Fry.  

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:23pm
Traffic Global installed successfully (into the default folders) on my PC. However, I am unable to run the Traffic Global application setup routine. It just crashes when I try to load it. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit installed, and my simulator is P3D v3.4.

Posted By: IML
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:47pm
Hi, is possible to use Traffic 360 simultanously with Traffic Global for taking advantage of GA traffic in 360?

Posted By: Dreamflight767
Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:15pm
Hello:

I am experiencing some issues with this product.  Where and how would you like me to post these issues?

Thank you

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:11pm
I have also just noticed that Traffic Global seems to install AFD files for (presumably) the airports that are used by the JFAI planes. Unfortunately, this conflicts with the addon airports that I use. Is there a way to disable these AFD files? Maybe that is an option in the Global Traffic application that I am currently unable to access?

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:24pm
Hi,
Please report any issues in the dedicated Traffic Global Early Access forum. Details for accessing can be found on the Traffic Global page in the Orders section of your Justflight.com account. 

Chris,
Are you seeing a conflict somewhere? Normally as long as the Traffic Global entry is below the other 3rd party scenery entries in the scenery library, they will not be used as the 3rd party version will take precedence. 

Thanks. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:34pm
Sorry, Rich. The problem I had was nothing to do with Traffic Global. It might be worth removing my post here, so that other customers do not get confused! I will post all further messages in the official Traffic Global Early Access forum.

Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:09am
As I run P3Dv4.1 one product I use and would never be without, is Lorby-Si addon manager it`s free and will show you were in the scenery order a product is installed, and can be moved up or down with this software, and check for errors XML BGL and more, and is supported by the developer on avsim.
You can save your scenery order and make a backup, Traffic Global is below my addon scenery.
Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:49pm

Hi all,
A new build of Traffic Global is now available. To download it, please go to the Orders section of your account at justflight.com

Change log:

Potential fixes for crash on startup issues
Missing FSX traffic bug fixed
Type-flooding bug fixed
SAS flight plans added
United Airlines flight plans added
Southwest Airlines flight plans added
Traffic app will now run at the end of installation
AI aircraft sounds fixed
Regenerated .inf files
Map provider settings now saved between sessions

Please uninstall the previous version before uninstalling the new one.

-------------

Posted By: f-bird
Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:01pm
Hello Rich,
I'll try it again.
"Is it possible to use FAIB or FSPX models in Traffic Global?"

Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:23pm
I have installed the updated version to test the install this time I installed all on E/Storage Drive, run Global Traffic compiled the flights ok, the number of flights has increased, but I can confirm it runs OK the only part on my C/Drive/ user/ documents/ is 135MB, and not the 4.5gb on default install. 
Ray Fry.

Posted By: wigerup
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:42pm
Se next post

Print Page | Close Window