Print Page | Close Window

What is your FSX Ecosystem?

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31829
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:21pm

Topic: What is your FSX Ecosystem?
Posted By: asychis
Subject: What is your FSX Ecosystem?
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:35pm
Hi Folks, 

I am pretty new to FSX (about six months).  I toyed around with really early versions of Flight Simulator when Microsoft first came out with them, but was rather disappointed with the realism and time was limited.  Now that I am retired, I have taken the big jump into full-blown flight simulation using FSX. I have a pretty good computer that I have hacked into a dedicated FSX station. I have added some Saitek hardware (yoke, multi-switch, and multi-panel), scenery add-on's (MegaSceneryEarth), and weather (Active Sky).  What I'd like to know, and perhaps start a discussion about, is what sort of FSX ecosystems others have built.  What is your favorite scenery, weather, shaders, or other add-on's? Who do you think are the leaders in FSX development (aircraft and others)? What hardware do you use, including computer memory, CPU, and GPU?  Your favorite tweaks. In general, what makes your system hum?  Love to see some replies.

Jerry Michels

-------------
GJM

Print Page | Close Window