Print Page | Close Window

PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31810
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:03pm

Topic: PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11
Posted By: deanwings
Subject: PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
yikes this aircraft is brilliant. i actually felt back in the cockpit. first impressions - impressive flight dynamics. sound.. well i run out of superlatives. hats off.

v. tiny issue, i need to read the manual see if i can hide the -> menu Icon from my cockpit.
if you get any issues after registering..no sound etc, do a 2nd Reload aircraft or restart xp. happens with other xp11 aircraft too so not a problem.

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:53pm
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

You can use the mouse-wheel on the arrow icon to control its opacity/hide it completely.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Molina
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
I've just finished my first 15 min flight with it. I already love it! I think it's going to be hard getting used to fly with no pitch axis control on the autopilot, but that really means hours of fun :-)

Posted By: flighttesting
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Hi Molina 

Im sure the arrow has a click spot for the alt hold 

4. Navigation/approach coupler knob – middle-button-click on the switch to toggle altitude hold mode. The tooltip text indicates whether altitude hold mode is engaged

this is taken from the Manuel 

Posted By: Molina
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:18pm
I didn't see that! thanks for the tip!

Posted By: Papa H
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 1:19pm
This aircraft is unbelievably good. It looks fantastic and flies even better. I have the FSX version of this but the x plane version is way up on another level altogether. If you enjoy GA flying, get this, you won't be disappointed.

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Papa H Papa H wrote:

This aircraft is unbelievably good. It looks fantastic and flies even better. I have the FSX version of this but the x plane version is way up on another level altogether. If you enjoy GA flying, get this, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for those kind words, very much appreciated from all of the team here at Just Flight.

Posted By: Cornflex
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:00am
Very good X-Plane 11 aircraft! Bought it on release day and like it very much so far.
But I think there is something wrong with the performance. I cannot get this bird to speed up over 90 kts even with full throttle. It accelerates really slow during takeoff. I checked my joystick settings but they seem okay to me. No problems with other planes either. I use X-Plane 11.10b4.
Anybody else with this Problem?

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:52am
Hi Cornflex, no I don't have the poor performance you listed. Take off is fine, in fact as the performance tables state and will happily cruise at 130knt albeit at a higher fuel use figure.
I take it your full mixture rich and prop full forward during take off and clean flight configuration in the cruise.
I am using the same x plane as yourself but didn't have your issues. If it persists keep asking, I'm sure someone can help. Cheers.

Posted By: parapro
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 10:33am
I agree, aircraft is amazing.. Only thing i miss so far is sound when moving the flap handle and parking brake?

Would also be nice to have sound on throttle, prop and mix and yoke when you move them (hint, hint) :p

Posted By: Greggy
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 10:54am
Thank you for proposing this wonderful job!! One of the best PA-28 model for X-Plane!

Others are grate but this one is actually on the top!

The documentation is very rich too and nicely designed.

After two hours of exercices:

I would just regret that it is difficult to remember which of ALT > PITCH > ‘HDG only’ - mode has been selected by simple clic on the Autopilot Piper-Logo.

(No visible/physical toggle) In my opinion, a little button « ALT select - on / off » is missing…

Other difficulty: 

When the aircraft touches the runway, after landing, (I’ve tested wind 0 kt…) yaw over-reacts.

I have tested with different flaps configuration at touchdown and even at flap 0 it is still difficult to handle. Cant’ go strait ahead at more speed than 40 kt.

Am I the only one having this problem?… ( don’t have it on other airplanes).

For Cornflex: I don’t have any climb performance problem.

Other suggestion: Would be nice if the po-up options windows could move on the second screen, according to X-plane 11 fonctionality.

Anyway, this Arrow III is a magnificent model of realism and we can see that it was designed by passionate people, for passionate people. A must have!! I hope one day I will get the opportunity to train on a «JustFlight» Warrior or Archer (160 or 180 hp) of the same level (for X-Plane) since I am preparing my pilot's licence on these models with fixed pitch propeller.

Would JustFlight just do it?… ^^

-------------
2015 MacPro 64Go Vram / AMD 3Go / X-plane11.21r2

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 12:03pm
Thank you for your feedback.
Seems to be a problem with my configuration then. Hope I'll get this sorted out.

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Cornflex, just noted I am using X Plane V 11.05, not 11.01 as previously said. Maybe you could try updating your X Plane version.

Posted By: Cele
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Hi Guys. I have bought the p28R. Its amazing! I have an answer.Which setting is recommended here?

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Papa H Papa H wrote:

Hi Cornflex, no I don't have the poor performance you listed. Take off is fine, in fact as the performance tables state and will happily cruise at 130knt albeit at a higher fuel use figure.
I take it your full mixture rich and prop full forward during take off and clean flight configuration in the cruise.
I am using the same x plane as yourself but didn't have your issues. If it persists keep asking, I'm sure someone can help. Cheers.

Well, I fixed my "performance problem" with the Piper.
It was a beginners fault. I did not advance the prop control lever. Shame on me.   

Thanks for the hint, Papa H.

Posted By: sd_flyer
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:34am
I noticed that during long haul with autopilot in heading mode. After few minutes fuel tank switches from right tank to left left. I tried several time to switch it to right but it kept going back to left. Not sure why..

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:48am
Originally posted by sd_flyer sd_flyer wrote:

I noticed that during long haul with autopilot in heading mode. After few minutes fuel tank switches from right tank to left left. I tried several time to switch it to right but it kept going back to left. Not sure why..
Hi sd_flyer, did you disable the "automatic fuel tank select" in the option popup window (left of your screen) ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Greggy Greggy wrote:

Hi sd_flyer, did you disable the "automatic fuel tank select" in the option popup window (left of your screen) ?

yo are there any real-world Arrow IIIs that have this "automatic fuel tank selector"?  ... or if not, was this feature requested by some gamer who can't be bothered? ;-)

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:19pm
Some real aircrafts have automatic tank selector (eg TBM700) but no PA28 as I know.

-------------

Posted By: smokeyupahead
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm
Wow, the xplane version is simply stunning! Some controls are frozen, like the prop lever that doesn't move and some other switches. Does anyone know why? Thanks

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
Wow,stunning visuals! I have both versions but the xplane one is unbelievably nice! I do have problems though, like the prop lever and some other swicthes that don't move. Does anyone know why? Thanks. David DD

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by smokeyupahead smokeyupahead wrote:

Wow, the xplane version is simply stunning! Some controls are frozen, like the prop lever that doesn't move and some other switches. Does anyone know why? Thanks
hi my best guess is that when you restart x-plane (or developer/reload aircraft) those problems will go away. i had similar occurrence, perfect now.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Ok, I will check later. Thanks

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm
Hello. Ok, I will check later. Thanks

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:23pm
No I didn't. I wasn't aware of it. I flown nearly every model of Arrow from T tail to turbo non of them had automatic fuel selector 

Posted By: vandalay
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:08pm

Other difficulty: 

When the aircraft touches the runway, after landing, (I’ve tested wind 0 kt…) yaw over-reacts.

I have tested with different flaps configuration at touchdown and even at flap 0 it is still difficult to handle. Cant’ go strait ahead at more speed than 40 kt.

Hi Greggy,

no, you are not. As you, i tried different configs, flaps-wise and weather-wise - with no weather, no wind at all, takeoff is ok, but it´s nearly impossible to keep the aircraft straight after touchdown - with moderate x-winds it´s even hard to make a straight takoff-run and a smooth landing is just nearly impossible. Wheels are squeeking like you are fighting the devil himself. I have several Props in my collection, but I´ve never experienced something like that.

Besides that: The atmosphere in this aircraft is amazing - and I love the level of detail! You just have the feeling that you are really there, flying the real one (did this as pax, already)...

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm

Other difficulty: 

Hi Greggy,

no, you are not. As you, i tried different configs, flaps-wise and weather-wise - with no weather, no wind at all, takeoff is ok, but it´s nearly impossible to keep the aircraft straight after touchdown - with moderate x-winds it´s even hard to make a straight takoff-run and a smooth landing is just nearly impossible. Wheels are squeeking like you are fighting the devil himself. I have several Props in my collection, but I´ve never experienced something like that.

Besides that: The atmosphere in this aircraft is amazing - and I love the level of detail! You just have the feeling that you are really there, flying the real one (did this as pax, already)...

Posted By: jimst57
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm

Other difficulty: 

I find the ground handling and toe braking action with practically ALL GA planes terrible in X-Plane.

As a real world private pilot, I can tell you it's not this hard to keep a plane straight on takeoff or landing.....even in a fair crosswind.

I think X-Plane is great in many areas, but ground handling and braking need lots of work. I hope they do improve it soon.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:48am
I totally understand, and it´s good to hear this frome someone who can compare the real deal with the simulation. But what I don´t understand is that even when other GA-Models tend to behave bitchy on the ground, they are at least controllable - so with some practise I manage to do even hard x-wind-landings without sliding over the runway like a drunken pirate.
With the Warrior this behaviour is really extreme like I´ve never experienced in an GA-Aircraft in XPlane before.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:59am
I'm using xEnviro and do not see any rain Drops on the windshield of the PA-28 even when it is raining cats and dogs. Anybody else?

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:44am
Cornflex, I didn't try with rain yet...

Vandaley & Jimst57: Thank you for your feed back!

Glad to know that I am not such a horrible pilot, each time I land the JF Arrow III

Haha !

As the model is supposed to be very realistic, and that I pretend to get my real-life PPL some day… I started to be very anxious about my capacity ^^

(Didn’t fly a real airplane yet)

By the way, Stephen Dutton says, in his Aircraft Review ( http://xplanereviews.com" rel="nofollow -

Well… I still love flying that first X-Plane JustFlight model (excepting touchdowns) And I hope JF will propose the FSX/P3D Warrior II converted for X-Plane one day.

… With an upgrade correcting the ground-handling sensibility !

But… For my PPL training, for the time being, I stil have to manage with Carenado’s Archer II to practice landings (And fixed pitch propeller category).

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Cornflex Cornflex wrote:

I'm using xEnviro and do not see any rain Drops on the windshield of the PA-28 even when it is raining cats and dogs. Anybody else?
see danklaue's post at forums.x-plane.org .. in short raindrops not supported yet due to performance hit, waiting for LR's upcoming software API changes which would make previous coding a wasted effort. 
Also folks, there's much writing on the subject of control sensitivity on landing which affects other xp11 ga aircraft too btw.

i love this justflight dev team, it's taken things up a notch. 

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by deanwings deanwings wrote:

Also folks, there's much writing on the subject of control sensitivity on landing which affects other xp11 ga aircraft too btw.
Nice to know.

Anyway, some XP10 aircrafts seem to behave normally in XP11.
Carenado's Saratoga, Archer II, Skymaster, 172... No problem for me.

Quote I love this justflight dev team, it's taken things up a notch.
Definitely! Waiting for JF's next GA conversions for X-Plane!!!

-------------

Posted By: quaxpilot
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:35am
Aloha!

First:
- my current GA-first-choice to fly
- nice visualisation inside/outside
- nice system performance
- nice menu-driven options like flight computer/light switch
- nice GTN integration
- helpful manual

I use this flyer now for my around-the-world-in-80-days without severe problems with various weather and airport situations. Together with the integrated helpers like GTN/FC it's a fun to calculate routes and alternatives for this challenge whether to fly VOR mainly or GPS in certain circumstances.
The only problems are more or less results of my own sim skills :)

But I had one issue so far: after informed about a vapour lock this couldn't be resetted by following the manual/alert message. Switching the fuel pump on for about 20 seconds or waiting 20 minutes didn't help. So I had to cheat a bit and refueling inflight to reach my approach airport...
So how to disable vapour lock/spark plug fouling correcty? Showing it in the menu item or hiding it? Both look for me identical this means no difference...

And, please, can you reduce the size of the white anti-collision flashes a bit? :) 

safe landings
Lem

Posted By: Ptyler687
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:06am
Trying to figure out how get the Realityxp 750 installed in the panel.   Arrow III documentation is to go to the Realityxp 750 settings tab in XPlane 11.    doing so, nothing make sense on what to do next.
thanks in advance.
Ptyler687

-------------
Keep the Rubber side down!!!
Ptyler687

Posted By: quaxpilot
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Aloha!

After the installation you will find a RealityXP.GTN.ini in the plane's main folder. This controls the correct position and functionality of the GTN750.
Then you must have installed the Flight1 GTN750 addon which gives you a plugin in XPlane's. Now you will find an entry in the dropdown menue for "Plugins" at the top "Reality XP GTN". There you find "GTN 1" and inside this "GTN 750 1". Activating this will make the GTN750 to the master device and it replaces the default GNS530 and the audio panel above.
That's it! And it will re-appear every time you start up until you unselect the GTN750 within the plugin menue as the master device.

safe landings
Lem

Posted By: MartinM
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:50am
Hi there

I got a slight optical issue in the XP11 version of the Piper. The Parkingbreak handle is better visible if released or not in the P3D version. Could you eventually make a little bit more visible. Yesterday I landed by mistake with PB on. The result ... you can imagine ;-)

Another thing, don't now why it got omitted. In the P3D version, the mixture leveler must be manually unlocked/locked. Why not in the XP11 version?

Cheers
Martin

Posted By: MartinM
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Oh, just forgot. A really awesome aircraft for my XP11. I hope that you bring more of these kind. Thumbs Up

I hope the C152 will come for XP11. I fly C152/C172/AAT3 in real life

The Hawk would be a very welcome add-on in XP11

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:52am
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed that to the development team.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:08pm

Hi I found several issues with Arrow III

1. I noticed JF team tried to simulate heavy nose tendency in Arrow which is a great thing, but seems like rudder sensitivity a bit disproportional. From what I know Arrows are notoriously easy to fly coordinated. 

2.  Power on stall (or departure stall) is actually feels pretty realistic. However, the airplane tend to "fall on the wing" during the stall every time. I believe is due my inability to keep it coordinated which in turn due oversensitive rudder (problem I mentioned above). 

3. Power off stall (or approach stall). For some reason I found difficult to stall airplane in "dirty" configuration. The problem is in complete loss of elevator authority. I found same problem during the landing.  I can't recall this tendency on real counterpart during normal or power off landing

thanks

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:52pm
So is there patch for Arrow flight model in pipeline?

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:52am
An update is coming soon for the Arrow III for XP11. The release of XP v11.10 has unfortunately caused some delays as we need to wait for that update to come out of beta to avoid it breaking anything on the Arrow.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: cocodam
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

An update is coming soon for the Arrow III for XP11. The release of XP v11.10 has unfortunately caused some delays as we need to wait for that update to come out of beta to avoid it breaking anything on the Arrow.

Thanks
Martyn

Hello there,

I've just bought your plane and it is breathtaking.

A very happy customer !

Edit: I am under 11.10r3 for now. 

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 7:29pm
Still enjoying this wonderful plane, i was wondering when will the futur update/patch for xplane 11.10 will come out... Any idea ?
Thank you again for bringing this baby bird to xplane.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:45am
The v11.10 update for the Arrow III should be released later this week.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 10:34am

Thanks
Martyn

So happy to read that !!!

I've bought your product on Justsim Market, thinking it was your store... Will I have some delay to get acces to it ? Or it will be available right after its release ?

Thank you again for your answer,

An impatient customer who can't wait to test the new update :) 

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by cocodam cocodam wrote:

Thanks
Martyn

So happy to read that !!!

I've bought your product on Justsim Market, thinking it was your store... Will I have some delay to get acces to it ? Or it will be available right after its release ?

Thank you again for your answer,

An impatient customer who can't wait to test the new update :) 

The update gets issued to third parties as soon as we release it, it's then down to the individual sites to make it available to their customers.

*You should have purchased direct from us*  Wink

Posted By: ChrisBrowne
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 10:42am
I love this plane :)

I enjoyed the FSW version so much that I bought the XP11 version too :)

2 questions:

- what happens if the plane gets updated? Do we just need to keep an eye on the forums, or is there some kind of notification? I bought mine through X-Plane.org (didn't know I could buy it here).

- can I clean the windscreen? haha - I know I can turn off the overlay, but it would be cool if it could be cleaned before a flight and build up marks, etc., as I fly.

Thanks for the great plane, loving it.

Chris

Edit - apologies, I see just above you'll send the update to X-Plane.org and I'll get it from them, thanks :)

Posted By: engiflight
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 5:11am
First of all, bought this aircraft a week ago and wow it is amazing. It feels VERY similar to what I flew during my flight training.

But I did find a bug, the VNAV button doesn't seem to work on the Garmin 530. I have to switch to the 2D panel to get it t work properly.

I was curious if this is a known issue or not. It also seems like there is an extra switch somewhere on the right selector dials for the GPS that gets pushed when you click on the VNAV button.

Thanks again for your awesome work. Has been a great trainer so far.

Posted By: alexcolka
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm
Hi all,
I'm undecided for what model to buy for XP11, or the Arrow III or IV, budget only for one, I like the T tail of the IV more (visually) but I guess (could be mistaken) that the III is more polished/mature with the recent updates and its longer time out, an honest comparison of both planes will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks!

-------------
Alexander Colka

Posted By: anthonye
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:06pm
They do the twin pack which i have just bought

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii-and-turbo-arrow-iii-iv-bundle-xplane

Anthony

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Yes they did, only budget for one even if both are a great deal, that's why I'm undecided.

-------------
Alexander Colka

Posted By: anthonye
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 10:23pm
Ok fair enough

Anthony

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by alexcolka alexcolka wrote:

Hi all,
I'm undecided for what model to buy for XP11, or the Arrow III or IV, budget only for one, I like the T tail of the IV more (visually) but I guess (could be mistaken) that the III is more polished/mature with the recent updates and its longer time out, an honest comparison of both planes will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks!

Hi Alex,

The updates/improvements made to the Arrow III were included in the Turbo Arrow III/IV from its first release as they share commonality, so both aircraft have identical 'stability/polish'.

If I had to choose either the Arrow III or Turbo Arrow, I think I'd go for the Turbo as it offers everything that the Arrow III does as well as having a higher cruise speed and altitude etc.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
Many thanks Martyn,
I agree with you on the Turbo model, good to know about all the improvements included in this late model.
Cheers,

-------------
Alexander Colka

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:06pm
I took the plunge and let me say this plane is amazing! Lovely in every way, hope you may soon do a twin.

-------------
Alexander Colka

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:38am
Hello Justflight team ! Hope you are doing well !
Are you planning to update Piper Arrow 3 or 4/Turbo soon ?
New features/fixes etc ?
I've bought the Turbo Arrow since last time, i really enjoy your planes.
Can't wait for new content :) 

An happy customer.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:35am
The Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II for XP11 will be receiving updates soon. Just waiting on an update for the SASL plugin.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 5:12pm

The Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II for XP11 will be receiving updates soon. Just waiting on an update for the SASL plugin.

Thanks
Martyn

I would like to thank you for your quick answer ! I'm very happy with your product and espacially because your customer servive is awesome ... ! Unlike other product i've bought like AFL 172 Cessna !!! They should learn about you ....

Can't wait to test this new update !

Thank you again Martin.

PS: What will be your next plane ?

See ya !

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
The Hawk T1 will probably be the next aircraft. The TB10/TB20 might follow that.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: n85988
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:16am
I recently purchased the Turbo Arrow III/IV, and all I can say is WOW!!! What a wonderful aircraft.  I'm a Cessna pilot, having many hours in real world Cessnas.  Cessnas are my planes of choice, especially the 172 and 182.  After watching many videos of the X-Plane Arrows, I kept noting how realistic it looks in the videos, so I decided to buy it.  I figured I'd fly it a few hours and go back to flying my C172.  Low and behold, I still find myself going right for the Arrow.  It is such a beautiful piece of art.  You have done an outstanding  job with this plane, both inside and out. If only you would do a Cessna 172 or 182, I would be in heaven.  But at least I have this Arrow now, and I just Love it,  absolutely Love it.   Thank you so much for such a wonderful aircraft.

-------------
Well, Back to Flying!

n85988

Posted By: Hamsammich
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:54am
Martyn,

First off, it's lovely. I sometimes fly a RW Arrow II and your model of the III is superb. Just one request, which I know is a hassle, but would really make the plane more useful as a desktop trainer--especially given the ability to incorporate top-notch GTNs. Please give the option for a simple HSI. And perhaps an RMI. Not even a flight director. These days with GPS flying, an HSI is so much more useful. I know this was modeled on a specific tail-number, but it really no longer reflects the equipment on many Pipers today, which have had at least some panel updates in the last two decades.

Not asking for an Aspen stack, or a Garmin setup, just an HSI to make IFR flying, especially IFR hand-flying, less fiddly.

Best,

Marshall

Posted By: Mickie Mac
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 10:50pm

I have over 700 hours in a very similar equipped Piper Arrow III and I find your sim version very close to the real thing.  I use the sim version to stay proficient in type especially on IFR approaches. It is an excellent simulator and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Have a few problems that I can’t find addressed in the forums.

1.      SIM Arrow hard to trim and maintain trim versus real aircraft.  Is there any way to project trim wheel elsewhere so I can see it in my scan (like you do the auto pilot buttons). I think at times it appears to change itself (trim up) without manual input.

2.      Manifold pressure readings too low for indicated air speed readings. I like to do approaches by the numbers.

Auto Pilot works great. Any chance you can incorporate an auto pilot disengage bottom as a yoke option.

I am still working on Yaw sensitivity using my CH pedals. Keep readings on 15% control and 15% augmentation until someone can tell me what the least sensitive positions are.

I use an extreme 3D pro joy stick and have assigned the nose wheel tiller to the twist feature and this helps a lot in the runway environment.

Suggest you install a hard switch single axis auto pilot like the Genesys Aerosystems SYSTEM 30 ALT. Current ALT Hold soft switch a pain to get on and off.

Over all a very good product.

-------------
Mickie

Posted By: TBM930
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:43am
Hello Martyn,

I just purchased the Arrow III and flew some circuits with it at CYND. It really took me back! I still have the POH and the Checklist. The plane handles and sounds like I remember it! I had a hard time starting it because my right mouse click is not assigned to turning switches to the right!  I assigned a start key instead.

I flew C-GQYI in 2004 when it was owned by Montreal Flying Club (St-Hubert Airport, Quebec) who was the same owner of Laurentide Aviation(Cedres, Qc) Who is the owner of this plane now? How did you end up choosing this plane for Canada?  I am really curious. Here is the proof that I flew this aircraft as seen in this video when I rented it to fly to Gaspe QC (10.5 hour round trip in a 3 day holiday).  https://vimeo.com/90463106" rel="nofollow - https://vimeo.com/90463106

I flew that bird about 30 hours.

Here is a picture I took of it in 1996 before an afternoon flight at Cedres airport CSS3

-------------
CPL ME IR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAtijON965qt7nIjz1WxdbQ

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
wow v. cool. interesting that in the your vid the Attitude Indicator top half looks sky blue, but in my JF arrow it looks Monochromatic. so in case it's my monitor, i checked out the http://store.x-plane.org/PA-28R-ARROW-III_p_685.html" rel="nofollow - org  pics and it's the same as mine.. maybe it faded in the sun over 20 years LOL.

Posted By: TBM930
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:17pm
Hello Dean,

Yes I noticed that as well. The attitude Gyro top should be blue! Also in my old low quality video you will notice that below the omni & glideslope indicator there is an omni indicator (nav 2) and just the right of that there was a master avionics switch. Also at the time the interior was not red. But hey I am not going to nitpick! Just Flight really did it an amazing job and I am really proud to own this aircraft!

I seriously need a new joystick and rudder pedals. I am using an old Saitek AVR8-01 and the rudder is just awful! I cannot keep the aircraft aligned on t/o.  Leaning towards CH products. I will upload a clip I still have of the engine start. Unfortunately my X has all the original footage of that flight she recorded with some sort of Sony handy cam.
Pat

-------------
CPL ME IR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAtijON965qt7nIjz1WxdbQ

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:01am

Thanks
Martyn

Hello Martin,

Any news on this update ? :) 

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:44am
The three PA28 updates were delayed as we were waiting on updates for SASL and X-Plane 11, but they should hopefully be available later this week or early next week.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm

The three PA28 updates were delayed as we were waiting on updates for SASL and X-Plane 11, but they should hopefully be available later this week or early next week.

As always, thank you for considering your customer and your fast answer.

Clap

Posted By: CedGauche
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm
Hi,

i've updated the Arrow III to 1.5, but this update seems to be very buggy:

- No sounds
- Not able to hide yoke when pressing the clickspot
- The 3d pilot is hiding some elements, where can I deactivate him?
- Clickspot engine start without function
- Clickspot prop lever without function

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:07pm
Those are not bugs in the product but are symptoms of the plugins not loading correctly. Did you follow the install instructions (reloading the aircraft from the developer menu after activation etc)?

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: CedGauche
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:12pm
Hy Martyn,

after reboot everything is fine, I've thought reloading after enter serial is enough

Posted By: deskpilot65
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
I just installed 1.5.

the serial number dialog provides its own Reload button. I pressed that and got the same problems as CedGauche.

Restarting xplane fixed it.

There might be a number of folks who get confused by that reload button.

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 3:06pm

It's important to follow all of the steps that we provide in the installation instructions, and particularly step 7 which some people miss:

1. Right click on the file you have downloaded and select Extract All from the list that appears. 
  2. Select a suitable location and make sure the Show extracted files when complete box is ticked.
  3. Click the Extract button and when the extracted contents of the zip file appear, copy the aircraft folder into your X-Plane 11 aircraft folder.
  4. Launch X-Plane 11 and start a flight using the aircraft.
  5. An activation window will appear, prompting you to enter your serial number. Paste the serial number found above and click the Activate button.
  6. After a short pause, a message will appear informing you that the product has successfully activated. Select Reload to reload the aircraft.
  7. The activation window will disappear. From the top menu bar, select Developer > Reload Current Aircraft
  8. The aircraft is now ready to fly.
Restarting XP11 will have the same effect as step 7.

SASL is being updated so that might remove the need to use the reload option in the developer menu.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Print Page | Close Window