Forum Description: Discussion area for the Tornado GR1
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31683
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:34am

Topic: Tornado GR1 update for P3D V4
Posted By: leejf40
Subject: Tornado GR1 update for P3D V4
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 6:11pm
Dear Martyn.,

Any news on the compatibility for p3d V4 for the Tornado GR1?

Kind regards,

Lee.Smile

-------------
Lee Fitzwater

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 9:12am
Hi Lee,

No ETA yet but it is being worked on, along with the Hawk T1, TB10/TB20, Tristar Pro etc.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: leejf40
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:42pm
Thanks Martyn.

I grow impatient as your Tornado is such a beautiful aircraft and yours is truly awesome. Hope to be flying her in P3D V4 very soon. Any improvements added to the dynamics, sound etc? :)

Lee.

-------------
Lee Fitzwater

Posted By: neilG
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 9:03pm
I understand, the Tornado is made for P3Dv4. But I guess it is a more complicated beast than many of the others.

Posted By: ssimm1958
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:04pm
any eta? when might be a v4 installer for this sharp bird?,picked it up in ur last sale not realizing was v1 v2 v3 and not for v4 sorry bugging you guys but strictly v4 now. 

-------------
if it aint broke, dont fix it

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:04am
Hi,
The team's current focus is getting the VC-10 out in the next day or so. After that there should be some time for some more P3Dv4 work, which should include the Tornado 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:48pm
Apologies for the delay but the Tornado GR1 is very nearly ready for P3D v4:

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Mr Paul Michael Rose
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:38pm
This is terrific news, I've been a good boy this year Santa Honest.

Posted By: Morti
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:05am
Will there be any other updates other than P3Dv4 compatable?

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:30am
There are some other changes/improvements but this is primarily a P3D v4 compatibility update and not a new version of the product.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Morti
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:43am
Ok thanks for replying

Posted By: gingerterry1
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:13pm
I may have just got a little excited in my gentleman's area!

Posted By: DaveG
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:02pm
Yay!, Thanks for the update Martyn, looking forward to it.Thumbs Up

Posted By: Herky
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:31am
Will this be compatible with any Tac Pack? I don't think the Tack Pack software works with P3dv4 yet anyway?

No matter, at least I can fly my Tonka over Orbx Germany without Oom!

Best regards
David

-------------
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 11:24pm
I would absolutely loved be a Tacpak update and now we have TP for P3Dv4, well what a model that GR1would be with weapons capability!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by neilG neilG wrote:

I would absolutely loved be a Tacpak update and now we have TP for P3Dv4, well what a model that GR1would be with weapons capability!

If the Tornado has TacPack capability, next Christmas has just come around very quickly!

Having just purchased TP for P3dv4, this program breathes new life into the entire simulation! All military models should be TacPack ready, in my humble opinion!

Best regards

-------------

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 9:35am
This update will not feature TP compatibility as it is essentially just porting over the aircraft to work in P3DV4 (although some other small enhancements have been made with things like panel state saving to bring them up to date with our current methods).
TacPack compatibility is currently under investigation though, so hopefully we'll see it at some point. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 7:34pm
That’s good enough for me. I don’t think you can’t emphasise it enough really that the JF Tornado is such a good model, such a good study sim, it is one of those that cries out for TP integration as an important aspect of what understanding this aircraft really consists in. I have the SS Tornado and I like it, but I don’t think I’m doing it down by saying that the JF GR1 would be head and shoulders above with TP integration.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by neilG neilG wrote:

That’s good enough for me. I don’t think you can’t emphasise it enough really that the JF Tornado is such a good model, such a good study sim, it is one of those that cries out for TP integration as an important aspect of what understanding this aircraft really consists in. I have the SS Tornado and I like it, but I don’t think I’m doing it down by saying that the JF GR1 would be head and shoulders above with TP integration.

I would pay twice for a TacPack JF Tonka!

I am no programmer but have looked at the capabilities....

The Superbug can use Laser guided bombs, Mavericks and stand off weapons. To name but a few. I am now imagining these on the JF Tornado?

Who knows perhaps even 233 attack on your favourite runway? Any runway, anywhere and not just in the Caucuses or Nevada!

Who needs DCS with the Superbug and a TP Tornado?

DCS have a Hornet in development, so that's 6 months at least and a beta early release! Many guys have asked about a Tornado. I wouldn't hold my breath for a DCS Tonka!

So here's hoping for a TacPack JF Tornado in 2018.

Happy New year!

Best regards
David

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm
P3dv4 version;

Loading a .pln flight plan crashes the entire sim. AppcrashView records nothing?

-------------

Posted By: petesmiffy
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 8:30pm
Just turning on the Right Hand TV crashes it for me. At best it crashes on the second button push.

Posted By: bigfatron
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
A minor glitch for me where it failed to detect my P3D V4 installation even though its definitely there and the only sim now on this PC. Was able to specify the path myself later at least.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

Just turning on the Right Hand TV crashes it for me. At best it crashes on the second button push.

Please see my reply to your other post here -  http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32018&title=tornado-gr1-new-update" rel="nofollow - http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32018&title=tornado-gr1-new-update

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

P3dv4 version;

Loading a .pln flight plan crashes the entire sim. AppcrashView records nothing?

Hi David,

We'll look into this. Did the CTD occur when just loading a flight plan via the standard flight planner menu, or when attempting to load the flight plan into the rear cockpit nav screen?

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: petesmiffy
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 11:12pm
P3Dv4.1 - Clicking in the Plan button on the left screen causes a CTD

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

P3dv4 version;

Hi David,

We'll look into this. Did the CTD occur when just loading a flight plan via the standard flight planner menu, or when attempting to load the flight plan into the rear cockpit nav screen?

Thanks
Martyn

Hello Martyn, happy new year!

I EAS attempting to load a Flight Simulator plan .pln, via the P3dv4 flight planner menu. Crash to desktop was without warning and left no trace on my Appcrashview application?
I posted a ticket for you also.

I also had the installer unable to locate P3dv4 but browsed to the correct location and it installed.

I have not tried to load via the rear cockpit screen, will have another go at that way tomorrow.

Cheers.

David.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

P3dv4 version;

Hi David,

Thanks
Martyn

Just tried the loading flight plan from rear cockpit nav screen, same crash to desktop as when trying to load from the standard P3dv4 flight plan menu!

Its a brutal crash, the whole sim just crashes with no warning?

Regards
David

-------------

Posted By: walterg74
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:32am
Originally posted by bigfatron bigfatron wrote:

A minor glitch for me where it failed to detect my P3D V4 installation even though its definitely there and the only sim now on this PC. Was able to specify the path myself later at least.

I am having this same issue. I do not want to specify the path manually in case it relies on other settings it also cannot find.

Is JF aware of this issue?

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm
Any progress on the 64 bit Tornado?

I am left with. Tornado installed in P3dv4 which I sadly keep in the hangar.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:39pm
The issue with loading in a flight plan is still being investigated (the more info you can provide to the support team, the better on that one). The other issues (missing gauges, CSAS etc) should be fixed by installing the latest installer.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
Thanks Martyn.

I had CTD at first when loading a flight plan, both in the back seat on the nav screen and from the sim menu. Inexplicably that stopped. But the flight plan screen doesn't display the waypoints. Usually just start and end. So you can't scroll between the waypoints.

Also, autopilot alt hold, terrain following doesn't function, along with waypoint following. This was on the ticket, if I recall?
Best regards
David

-------------

Posted By: J.G.
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

This update will not feature TP compatibility as it is essentially just porting over the aircraft to work in P3DV4 (although some other small enhancements have been made with things like panel state saving to bring them up to date with our current methods).
TacPack compatibility is currently under investigation though, so hopefully we'll see it at some point. 

I love the TacPac implementation on the Hawk.  To have this on the Tornado would amazing!

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 1:26pm
Tacpack please!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window