Forum Name: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
Forum Description: Discussion area for the Just Flight DC-8
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31671
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 11:03am

Topic: Component Transfer Error Issue with Livery Pack
Posted By: Flying Kiwi
Subject: Component Transfer Error Issue with Livery Pack
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:56am
I've just bought the DC 8 10-40 package that is on sale this weekend. That installed without any problem. I also bought the livery pack. BIG problem with that!

When it gets to a certain point of the installation, I get a "Component Transfer Error" message. The error is, ominously, "Catastrophic Failure". Shocked

I have never had this happen before when installing a livery pack. For the life of me, I cannot understand why it would be happening with this one. The only thing I can think of is that maybe one of the liveries is corrupted or something.

Please fix this pack or tell me if there is any sort of solution or workaround I can apply myself. Many thanks in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: Flying Kiwi
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:11pm
I'm happy to report that this issue is now solved. I submitted a support ticket to Just Flight, and got a reply back suggesting the download itself had become corrupted. After one more attempt at running the installer with the same result, I deleted it and then re-downloaded the installer, making sure to temporarily disable the Auto Protect and Download Intelligence features in my Norton Internet Security (which may have messed up the installer before). This time, it all worked perfectly! Big smile So obviously the installer became corrupted, either while it was being downloaded or when I first ran it. Downloading it again has fixed the problem - whew!

Print Page | Close Window