Print Page | Close Window

New Piper Warrior annoying sound loop

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31617
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:00pm

Topic: New Piper Warrior annoying sound loop
Posted By: Andreas
Subject: New Piper Warrior annoying sound loop
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:20pm
Hello! Just bought the new Warrior and I overall love it! Great job guys! So far I've only come across one small niggle that is EXTREMELY annoying. The sounds are great except for a sound loop that comes to life as soon as the engine has been started. It's like a long beep that starts out pretty low but then gets higher until it ends in a small crackle and it keeps replaying as long as the engine is running no matter at what power it's running at. It's of course harder to hear at higher revolutions but once you've heard it you can't "un-hear" it. Very good plane with very good sounds, horrible looping bug! Hope it can be fixed.

Cheers!/Andreas

Replies:
Posted By: Steve916
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:55am
I just purchased the Warrior II and own both the Arrow III and IV. All are great planes, but I was really looking forward to the Warriors release and it is fantastic!! however, I have a sound issue also, when I pull the mixture to shut down, the engine starter sound file loops. This is an intermittent problem.

Also, and I hate to nit-pick, but I just want this plane to be perfect. The shape of the top portion of the cowling looks perfect from the outside view, but when viewed from the pilot’s seat, looking out over the cowling. It is much to rounded in shape. I've flown in a few RL Warrior II's and the top of the cowling appears relatively flat with sharper radius at the corners. A google images search for Piper Warrior II's will offer several photos depicting this.

Again, not complaining I just want to help make this the best it can be.

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:55am
Unfortunately I can't reproduce either of the sound issues. Can you contact the support team so we can investigate further?

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:20pm
I can assure you it's there, I tried using my front panel audio AND a different headset, the sound is still there and it doesn't start until the engine has been started so it can't be a problem with my sound card or drivers. I filed a support ticket as per advice.

Cheers!/Andreas

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:43pm
Thanks. Once we've collected more information then we can pass that on to the sound creators (TSS).

Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:12pm
UPDATE: This same sound loop can be heard in the Just Flight Arrow III Quick Start video too. Just listen between 1:05 to about 1:24.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFNINlRbTcY

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:22am
TSS are looking into this.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:55am
Thanks Martyn and TSS! I can assure you it is there, it's kind of a quiet background noise so I guess some people can't hear it. It's easier to hear when engine is in idle obviously. I do have very good hearing though, 9 out of 9 last time I had my ears checked at a medical check-up. One of those checks when you sit in a soundproof booth and press a button everytime you hear a high or low tone.

Not the end of the world if it can't be fixed, the Warrior is a great product any way.

Happy landings!

Andreas

Posted By: Tutmeister
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:51pm
I'm guessing this is the gyro spinning up? I've noticed that loops with an annoying join once it is up to speed. Try and toggle gyro noise off and see if it disappears.
Chris

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:23am
Andreas, can you check if the sound is audible with the gyro sounds toggled off?

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:14pm
It is, engine has to be running though.

Posted By: Terblanche
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:25pm
... just to say, I have this (loop) 'sound' too and it will drive me insane if I have to do another VATSIM flight with earphones - Stern Smile

PS: Any news/fix on this JustFlight ...?
#justasking

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:52am
TSS are struggling to identify the sound and its origin.

Would you be able to record some footage that clearly demonstrates the sound within the simulator?

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: scisimmer
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:47am
Any update for this issue? The looping sound is really annoying. Had it in P3D V3 and now in V4 too after a complete reinstall.

Here's the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1f2u17IEE

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by scisimmer scisimmer wrote:

Any update for this issue? The looping sound is really annoying. Had it in P3D V3 and now in V4 too after a complete reinstall.
Here's the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1f2u17IEE

I'm sooooooooooo glad you made a video with 'that' sound in it!! It absolutely drives me insane ... so much so that I don't even fly (my fav single prop) anymore. Shocked

Sincerely hope JustFlight will allocate that sound and mute it permanently. I went through every single file in Warrior SOUND folder, and every single sound in the main SOUND folder and I can for the life of me not find it.

Please JustFlight tell us where/what it is so that we could find the joy of this little Porsche with Wings again?

Posted By: theohall
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:02pm
same sound exists in FSW, but turning off Fuel Pump sounds turns off that sound.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by theohall theohall wrote:

same sound exists in FSW, but turning off Fuel Pump sounds turns off that sound.

Just for a moment (in P3D4) and then the sound creeps back. You click something (autopilot, radio, lights etc) and it's gone just to creep back again and again and again.

Posted By: LennieGamage
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:45pm
Hi

I was just googling "Warrior II sound files" and this exchange popped up. I was hoping that Skysong or someone had an improved sound file. I bought the Warrior some months ago, but rarely fly it due to the sound. BTW I owned and flew a 1980 Warrior II for more than 10 years, and the sound from the sim is nowhere close.

On the positive side, I bought JF F-27 last week, and like it alot!

Lennie G

Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:52am
As explained above, the only noticeable (at least for me) looping sound present in that video is the fuel pump which can be disabled using the menu entry. That sound won't be enabled again by clicking on any other controls - it is only controllable via the menu option.

The sound-set was developed by Turbine Sound Studios using real-world Lycoming O-320 sounds.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: iflygary
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by LennieGamage LennieGamage wrote:

Hi

I was just googling "Warrior II sound files" and this exchange popped up. I was hoping that Skysong or someone had an improved sound file. I bought the Warrior some months ago, but rarely fly it due to the sound. BTW I owned and flew a 1980 Warrior II for more than 10 years, and the sound from the sim is nowhere close.

On the positive side, I bought JF F-27 last week, and like it alot!

Lennie G

Lennie,

Hi, I just downloaded the Warrior II demo. I'm very big when it comes to realistic sounds. I've spent real world time in both the Warrior II and Arrow III. I have to agree with you. The Warrior's sound is not true. As a matter of fact, the exact same sound files are in the Warrior and Arrow which is a bit disappointing. I will contact the guys here at Just Flight to see if there are intentions to get this corrected.

Kind regards,

Gary

Print Page | Close Window