Print Page | Close Window

Website Suggestion

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Chat
Forum Name: Just Chat - General Discussion
Forum Description: Forum for shootin' the breeze about subjects not relating to Flight Simulation or aviation
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31547
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:08am

Topic: Website Suggestion
Posted By: joefremont
Subject: Website Suggestion
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:33am
Hi JF,

Just a suggestion for your website.  When you go to the page that shows all your orders, it would be super helpful if there was some indication that for each product you have ordered, a new update is available, or if that's to hard, the version number that is currently available.

As it is, currently you have to click on the link and start downloading to see if there is a different version.

Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: mlb406
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:26am
Joefremont,

You should receive an email from Just Flight whenever an update becomes available from an ordered product. Could you not just download the latest version when you receive that email? Also, if you are unsure of the current product version, go to Customer Service > Service packs, fixes and updates; here you will find service packs and changelogs for all necessary products.

Max

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:21pm
Yes, but emails arrive when your at work or on a different device and they get lost, or they arrive when your not flying that much.  If there was a simple indicator on the page that showed your order, indicating a package has been updated, it would be very helpful.  With all the updates that are coming because of P3D Version 4 its going to be harder to keep track of them all.

How about just the date the package was last updated, that would be enough.

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 1:33pm
With the updates for P3Dv4 coming fast and furious this is needed even more than ever.
If on the page where you list my products, you just posted under the name of the product the current version and date it was updated that would be great.

I am sure your system knows what I have downloaded and if you could bold it if I had not downloaded that version that would be fantastic.

I just had to download version 202 of the HS748 because with version 200 all you saw was the wings and front landing gear.  No additional email was sent regarding this update.  If the version was on the download page I would not have had to spend so much time digging through this forum to discover there was already a fix.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:47pm
Bump!

Those updates are still coming fast and we are not always notified when a new update is available.

I am in the process of rebuilding my system and being able to see the current available version, if its the version number, update date or even file name would be extremely useful.  I have probably been one of your best customers in terms of number of products purchased and its really hard to keep track.

So JF please! please! please! take this issue seriously.

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:41pm
Hi Joe,

This feature has been on our 'wishlist' for a long time but unfortunately we don't currently have the ability to add this information to the 'Your Orders' section of the account. It is something we will continue to investigate though.

We send emails alerting users to all significant updates for their purchases and provide a summary of updates/service packs in our newsletters. 

Information on all updates can be found in the support section so you shouldn't need to refer to this forum, which won't necessarily list all available updates -  http://www.justflight.com/support" rel="nofollow - http://www.justflight.com/support

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Print Page | Close Window