Print Page | Close Window

Flight Simulator World

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: For discussion relating to Just Flight and other products or simulators
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31489
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:36pm

Topic: Flight Simulator World
Posted By: Martyn
Subject: Flight Simulator World
Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:00pm
Many of you have been asking us for our views on Flight Simulator World. Currently, it's still in Early Access so we can't really make any specific predictions about what products we'll be developing for it. However, we strongly welcome a new iteration of FS - we've been waiting for ten years! Once the full SDK (Software Development Kit) becomes available, our development team will be exploring the possibilities with FSW - for creating new content as well as possibly porting over titles developed for FSX. We've been working with DTG for some time now, adapting some of the products we've developed for FSX and Train Simulator for distribution via Steam. As a result we have a very good relationship with them and this is set to continue with FSW.

We wish DTG the very best for this release and it looks like exciting times ahead for simulation.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Replies:
Posted By: Ray Fry
Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:34pm
I have FSW and think it has great potential as a base sim, and once its out of beta, third party add-ons will do the same for this as they did for FSX.
Ray Fry.

Posted By: snave
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:23am
My only reservation is that it is once again based on the tired old FSX engine rather than the proper, fresh start the simulator demands. 

I've recently spent time with the Early Access variant, and won't be wasting any more time with it until it starts to deliver on its promises, of which there are precious few at the present time.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
latest update 8 to FSW added truSKY big move forward for flight sim. With cold and dark last week update 7 it`s looking good.

Ray Fry.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 8:12pm
TrueSKY are working with DTG on the weather looking good for the future all need is a big bird to fly in the clouds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUznCzOWOc

Ray Fry.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:19pm
Have installed ORBX Scenery, EU LC ,ORBX LOWI airport , NA LC , S CAL ,N CAL ,Monument valley.
works ok but the airport surrounding elevation need work.Smile 

Posted By: CaptCosslett
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:26pm
I hope that FSW is as good as what FSX gave us. I can't believe that we are still using the FSX platform nearly 11 years later. If we think back to 2006 and the mobile phone we were using thenLOLwe would be seen dead with now. 

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 8:11am
Having spent a while working directly with the FSW development team, we are very confident that the simulator will go from strength to strength throughout the early-access period. They are investing a lot of time and effort into improving both visuals and functionality.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
Thanks Martyn, 
I will download FSW later today. I look forward to JF updating the both Arrows for FSW. I only fly GA aircraft.

James

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

I hope that FSW is as good as what FSX gave us. I can't believe that we are still using the FSX platform nearly 11 years later. If we think back to 2006 and the mobile phone we were using thenLOLwe would not be seen dead with now. 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:00pm
I have installed some UK2000 airports they work but only use Garys free version as when I installed the payware Xtrem it CTD, and with the free UK200O don`t start your flight at the airport it will not load the flight start at a nearby airport then fly to them ok.
I have been playing with REshade software in the sim with some interesting result`s.
Sales of FSW have picked up since the TrueSKY update, it`s on update 10 now they hope to have an update to TrueSKY soon, it will be good to touch base with them at Cosford and yourselves at JF, the last one I went to a show was at the NEC some years ago. 
Ray Fry.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 11:29am
Look forward to seeing you at the show, Ray. I'll be on the dev stand most of the day.

Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Christopher Low
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 8:05am
Hopefully I will also be able to meet you, Ray. I am a UK2000 beta tester, and although I do not currently own a copy of FlightSim World, I would be happy to discuss any UK2000 issues that you may be experiencing.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 5:47pm
The fact that UK2000 airports work in FSW 64bit with some minor issues tells me the Gary should not have to much trouble converting them to FSW, and being 64bit you don't have the vas OOM problem`s that you get in FSX.  I cannot use ORBX  base, vector, UK, ifly 747-400 and uk2000 on Xtrem all cranked up without vas problems, but I've installed all my ORBX in FSW and airport scenery no problem in fact my FPS is better than FSX.
Ray Fry. 

Posted By: hilhil45
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:15pm
Any chance of bringing over some of the JF turbo-prop models to FSW, specifically the HS748 or Dove? Enjoying the GA aircraft but would like something a bit heavier/faster to fly.

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:00am
We're currently looking at different options for our next FSW aircraft, ranging from GA to jet aircraft. 

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: hilhil45
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 2:45pm
FSW could always use more classic british liners like the HS748, One-Eleven and VC10Wink

Posted By: Poneybirds
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:32pm
Hi Martyn

I find the gauges in the PA-28R in FSW are very low contrast and hard to read. The needles and markings seem to be of a light grey tone rather then white. The attitude indicator does not use colors, which seems odd. 

Is this something that will be changed in the future?

Here's a comparison:

Compared to:

Cheers
Raphael

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:06pm
I would agree, would be more realistic is the colours were as in the real Arrow.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:25am
It's not neccesarily colors, but contrast I'm looking for. Depending on the light situation, it can be hard to read.
That said, orange on blue has an excellent contrast. Being on opposite sides on the color circle, if I remember school correctly :)

It's a great plane! This is criticism on a high level.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:18am
If you compare the FSW version to the FSX/P3D/XP11 versions, you'll notice that the lighting system in FSW results in the Arrow panel looking lower contrast and more grey than black. The textures are a very close match to the real aircraft and the attitude indicator in our research aircraft had a sky colour that was more grey than the usual blue.

An update will be available this week which will improve the cockpit shadows and the general contrast too.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:44am
Thanks for looking into this, Martyn! Will be interesting to see what happens as FSW is developed further.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:24pm
The FSW Arrow III update is now available. Download the latest installer from your account if you purchased it from our website, or get the update via the Steam client if you purchased it there.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Tutmeister
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 3:44pm
Martyn, is there an official forum being created for this aircraft?
I updated via steam but the flap lever still doesn't come up properly and the red lights on the panel are still a purplish colour so I'm not sure if steam has updated it properly or not.
Thanks
Chris

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:58am
Hi Chris,

The PA28 Arrow/Warrior can be discussed here -  http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=67&title=pa28r-arrow-turbo-arrow-iii-iv-and-warrior-ii" rel="nofollow - http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=67&title=pa28r-arrow-turbo-arrow-iii-iv-and-warrior-ii  - although any support issues should be directed to the support team via the website.

The last FSW update only addressed a few issues such as missing cockpit shadows. Another update will be available next week to address the remaining issues.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:26pm
The next Aircraft for FSW hinted in the news letter, Please make it a turbine engine and not a turbo prop again Smile

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
Now have Traffic 360 working in FSW, screenshots on steam.
Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm
I am starting to like FSW more and more. I had buy a new GPU, GTX 1050TI and nowhave very good frame rates. There a few bugs, but I am sure it will get better and better.

Posted By: Ekar
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:45am
Just saw the latest videos for the Arrow III in X-Plane. It's looking gorgeous, and quite a bit more polished graphically over the FSW version. Since I own FSW, wondering if you're planning to upgrade the FSW Arrow to match the X-Plane version, and/or if if there's a limitation in FSW currently which doesn't allow you to do some things (eg. reflective windshield/dials etc). Materials also look quite a bit more realistic in X-Plane currently. And I love the inclusion of the GPS navigator. 

If the FSW version matched the quality of the X-Plane version, I'd certainly be interested in a purchase. 

Cheers,
Ekar

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:14am
Hi Ekar,

Each version of the Arrow III is designed to take full advantage of the features/capabilities of the host simulator. Some of the features included in the XP11 version are not currently available in FSW, however with any updates released for the simulator we will assess whether to upgrade the Arrow.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Ekar
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:30am
Thanks Martyn for the info. Congratulations again on very fine work. 

Ekar

Posted By: Treenjood
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:33pm
Hi,

DTG Cryss has just pinned a post in steam (FSW/discussion), that they are eagerly working on their SDK.

I as well would like to see the GARMIN 530, used in the Piper-version for X-Plane 11, ported over to FSW.

Just wanted to share my wishes. Maybe there are more people like me :)

Treenjood

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:51am
Hi Treenjood,

We'll be able to integrate the Flight1 GNS 530 into the FSW Arrow III when/if Flight1 make that compatible, but the GNS 530 included in the XP11 version of the Arrow III is the default version included in that simulator, so it won't be possible to bring that over to FSW.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:27am
I know there`s a NDA but I do hope that Global Traffic will be ported to FSW now that the vas 32bit issue is behind us, and can I put my order in for a Jet Liner.
Ray Fry.

Posted By: theohall
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 7:16pm
Really enjoying the Arrow III.  Have over 300 hours in it already.  

Anyway, there is a group who recently purchased Lionheart's Kodiak for FSX-SE and love the versatility of that package.  Any chance we could see that plane in FSW relatively soon?  It already fits FSW's early access GA focus and would add the float plane which one group I am aware of really wants.

Posted By: marleymoo
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 10:03pm
The Arrow III is really well simulated and graphically detailed. I'm using that to learn complex planes.

Still hoping for the Warrior II to come over to FSW because I train on that for PPL, and FSW is all about GA and flight school and all that.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:05am
FSW now out of early access new float plane, What it needs now is JF jet airliner and IFR .
Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:43pm
New weather update releasing tomorrow real weather engine.
Ray Fry. 

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:32pm
FLIGHT SIM WORLD Closing down DTG ending development.

Ray Fry.   

Posted By: N738KWalter
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:48pm
Hello Martyn, maybe this is not the right place, but i think this is the only way to reach you. Please contact me: w.sieber@chello.at Thank you

Print Page | Close Window