Forum Name: Tornado GR1
Forum Description: Discussion area for the Tornado GR1
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31477
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:46pm

Topic: Thrust reverse buckets
Posted By: tucanto
Subject: Thrust reverse buckets
Date Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:42pm
As far as I can see in the manual the thrust reverse buckets can only be activated by looking down at the switches in the cockpit ? no success so far as I usually run off the runway whilst looking for the switches.
Can F2 be adapted for this? or can anyone tell me off a quick and easy way ?  

Replies:
Posted By: mlb406
Date Posted: 13 May 2017 at 3:58pm
How I do it is by right-clicking both throttles whilst on final to land; as at that point you shouldn't be needing to go any more than dry thrust, and once you touch down and the reversers deploy, just push the throttle forwards to slow down.

I'm not aware of any button/shortcut for this, but that's how I get around having to click the throttles.

Max

-------------

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:45am
You can 'rock the throttles outboard' to arm the lift dumpers and reverse thrust by using the spoiler arm assignment (Shift+/ by default).

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: clivedrake
Date Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:50am
I use the "air brakes arm" (or similar) command using a joystick switch programmed using FSUIPC.

-------------
Clive

Posted By: tucanto
Date Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:47pm
Many thanks for that advice I tried the Shift+/ and it worked straight away, had a few bells and whistles come up on landing but am getting there.  

Posted By: Roebuck
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:27am
The Bells and Whistles are the Re-ingest warning, Telling you to stow the buckets as you are at risk of the engines re-ingesting their own exhaust which would do them no good. If memory serves it kicks in at 50-60 Knots. 

Print Page | Close Window