Forum Description: Discussion area for HS 748 Propliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31429
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:40pm

Topic: Fuel flow incorrect?
Posted By: keithb77
Subject: Fuel flow incorrect?
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm
Hi, very nice looking plane Smile
But as an http://www.fseconomy.net" rel="nofollow - FSEconomy user I have a concern with the fuel flow, it seems to be pretty much locked at around 370 GPH, I can make large power changes without change to the fuel flow.
In real life it should be around 210-220 GPH (US) I think.
370 GPH and 1440 gallons = less than 4 hours aloft and a significant reduction range and increase in fuel costs Cry

I could play with the fuel flow scalar but maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Fuel trimmers would be a possibility but I don't think they are modelled.

Nothing about this mentioned that I can see in the upcoming patch notes, except maybe FDE improvements.

Cheers
Keith

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:31pm
Hi Keith,

What altitude/power settings are you using?

I've just checked using the latest build (currently in late testing) and at FL150 with 14000 RPM (190 KIAS) I am seeing approx. 1560lbs per hour, or 230 GPH.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:04pm
It was over a range of settings...but I've just been notified of the SP2 update so I will download and retest that one :)
Cheers
Keith

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:27pm
Martyn,
Using SP2 now - but I can't even get to 14,000 RPM at 15,000 ft, the best I can get is 13,840 RPM at max throttle which gives 280 KTAS (from the Z display) and 370 GPH.
Throttling back to 9,480 RPM gives 230 GPH at 250 KTAS, a bit further to 9,000 RPM gives 200 GPH and 198 KTAS.

I'm happy with the speed/GPH at cruise...but the displayed RPM may be too low?
At higher throttle settings the GPH stays at 370 whilst the RPM varies with throttle...
Cheers
Keith

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:36pm
Also I note the .air file hasn't changed, despite there being 'FDE improvements' ... is that correct?
I uninstalled again and checked the folder was empty before rereinstalling.

And I find it very difficult to get her on to the ground, really doesn't want to slow down in the air...

Checked RPMs and handling against the old Rick Piper freeware - which seems to be correct...

Cheers
Keith

Print Page | Close Window