Forum Name: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
Forum Description: Discussion area for the Just Flight DC-8
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31423
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 6:11am

Topic: Fuel consumption bug?
Posted By: richcam427
Subject: Fuel consumption bug?
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:14am
So I re-purchased the 10-40 series with the new service packs finally being released. Got a chance to fly my first flight today, and I found something alarming.

Short flight with the DC-8-12 from KATL to KTPA, about 400 nm. Total fuel needed was around 3000 gallons, plus some for contingency. I filled each main tank up with 800 gallons of fuel (Center 1 - Main 1, Center 2 - Main 2, External 1 - Main 3, External 2 - Main 4 as noted in the aircraft.cfg and verified with the VC gauges). All main tank levers were switched on throughout the flight, and all crossfeeds were off. Main tank boost pumps were on, alternate tank boost pumps were off. When I started my descent into Atlanta, I found that the 3rd and 4th engine main tanks were empty, with main 1 and 2 feeding. 

I added a bit of fuel to each tank and saw that main 3 and 4 would feed while 1 and 2 would not. No matter how I set up the crossfeeds and boost pumps, it seems the fuel system would not act according to what should be happening. It seems that in general, 3 and 4 always fed before 1 and 2.

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:38am
Hi Cameron,

Please contact the support team and they'll investigate this for you.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Print Page | Close Window