Print Page | Close Window

Mixture leaning

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31410
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 10:37am

Topic: Mixture leaning
Posted By: VincentLafortune
Subject: Mixture leaning
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 2:20am
Evening all,

Quick question: which way you guys have found best to lean the PA-28R. I've read a lot of different reports on the subject from real-world Arrow pilots. Do you use the EGT gauge to reach max EGT then decrease by 100 degrees, or you proceed like in, say, a 172 and lean until you get max RPM? I don't see how the latter technique would work since the Arrow III is a fixed-pitch so the RPM are set with the prop level. I'm a real-world 172 pilot but I'm confused with this one, sorry if this question is really silly.

Any insight would really be appreciated!

Thank you very much,

Vincent

P.S.: Awesome plane, just sad there is only one engine sound pretty much for all RPM until 1500 :)

Replies:
Posted By: alehead
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:18am
As far as the sounds are concerned, an additional thread refers to changes being made to the engine model. The sounds will be redone to match this new model and that all this is currently in the works.
With regard to leaning a constant-speed propeller engine, my belief as non-pilot is to lean to 50 degrees of peak egt or by ear, going on my experience in the addons from other developers.

A

Print Page | Close Window