Print Page | Close Window

Couple of New Issues

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31395
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:06pm

Topic: Couple of New Issues
Posted By: Salty59
Subject: Couple of New Issues
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:39pm
Well, still no joy on getting the Arrow to work with Saitek switch and radio panels unfortunately. I have been trying the plane out the old fashioned way, using the mouse. I discovered two problems, first, I have my sim set to imperial units so I have inches of Hg for pressure. In spite of this, my Arrow shows hPa pressure only. I've gotten by this by just using the B key to correct. Is there another way to solve this since the manual says it sets to what you have in the sim? Second, I would like to use the GPS 100 unit, but when you click on it to bring it to the forefront of the screen, the stock FSX GPS 500 unit is displayed. The GPS 100 doesn't seem to have this option? Since the unit is textured to appear old but functional, you cant read the display unless you zoom in on the panel and do your changes that way. Its difficult to do this while flying. Is this also corrected by some settings I am not aware of yet. I have read the manual and couldn't find any solution. These are minor issues, still it would be nice to have them corrected.

Replies:
Posted By: ThomasAH
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:57am
With some other aircraft I have the problem the other way: I use hPa, the aircraft only knows inHg.
I have prepared a simple table to convert it, there are similar tables available online, e.g.:
https://www.ivao.aero/training/documentation/books/TABLE_pressure.pdf

But yes, if the plane should support switching units, this is just a workaround.

Posted By: Salty59
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 6:58pm
Thomas
Thanks for the response. I've created conversion tables for other aircraft myself.

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:23am
The barometric scale on the altimeter won't change as it is part of the model, but the tooltip that appears when you mouse over the barometric pressure setting knob on the altimeter will switch between millibars/hPa and inHG depending on which unit you have selected in the FSX/P3D settings.

Left-clicking on the GPS 100 screen will bring up the default GPS unit. Right-clicking will bring up the 2D GPS 100 screen.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: piperpilot
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:27am
you should set your altimeter to QNH before you take off either in imperial or metric that should solve your problem

Print Page | Close Window