Print Page | Close Window

Saitek Switch & Radio Panels not recognized

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31380
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:38pm

Topic: Saitek Switch & Radio Panels not recognized
Posted By: Salty59
Subject: Saitek Switch & Radio Panels not recognized
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:03am
Hi, just purchased the Arrow tonight and trying the first flight, my saitek panels are not being recognized. How can I get them to work? This is the first plane I've purchased where these do not work in the plane. It would be a shame if I can't use my simpit panels in this plane.

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:54am
Which of the Saitek panels are you using, and what controls/displays are not working?

Unfortunately we don't have access to those panels here but we should be able to address the issue.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 1:56pm
Martyn
I use the Saitek switch panel which has the magneto switch and also power and lights and the landing gear. None of the switches work. I also have the radio panel that allowsenty of frequencies for com/nav and transponder etc. None of these work also.These work with all my other aircraft add ons so some kind of conflict with the Piper.Not sure why. I can use the mouse of course but defeats the purpose. The plane is nice otherwise.

Posted By: ThomasAH
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:46am
Which software do you use for the Switch Panel? I am no longer using the software supplied by Saitek, but have switched to the free SPAD (Saitek Panels Advanced Driver), which by default already works much better and for certain aircraft you can assign panel buttons to a virtual FSUIPC joystick and do advanced mappings there.

And there is also SPAD.neXt, which needs to be bought if you want to use it for more than 14 days.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:45am
I use the original SPAD drivers since I purchased the panels. Do you use the SPAD.neXt drivers? They did not work for me at the time (beta I guess) so I switched to the original drivers and they worked very well for me.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 8:17am
I use the original SPAD, too, but I don't have the Arrow, partially because I already have enough aircraft of this class, and partially because the cockpit is too worn for me.
But I'm very interested in the Turbo Arrow, which will have a less-worn cockpit, so I'm following this part of the forums, too.

But if you can trigger the feature you want from within FSUIPC, you can do it via the switch panel and SPAD, too, but it might need some work (and maybe a registered version of FSUIPC).

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
I see that 114 people have viewed this post and only one person responded. Martyn responded briefly and then no more response from him. Am I the only one who uses Saitek panels and flies this plane? No one else has this problem? Anyone found a fix for this problem? 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:53am
Or those who use the panels and fly this plane have no solution either and wait for someone else to step in.

Is really not a single switch of the switch panels recognized? Not even the gear lever? Do the gear lights light up green when the gear is down and red if you retract/extend them by other means?

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 9:12am
Hi,
Please report the issue to the support team via support@justflight.com and they will be able to start investigating. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 7:04pm
 Thomas
Yes, not a single switch works. I tried to see if the plane would respond to the key strokes that are in FSX and the plane switches do not respond to the key strokes also. I think that this is why the panels do not work. The Arrow appears to have another method of control.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:24pm
Huh, if the key strokes don't work, there is some really strange thing going on, which has nothing to do with the Saitek panels

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:10pm
Well with the new patch some Saitek panels switches now work. The radio panel now works. However, the switch panel is hit and miss. The magneto rotary doesn't work except when you move it into the starter position and then the key switch in the plane will move all the way to the starter positon and you can initiate the engine. The Battery switch doesn't respond but the alternator switch works. Fuel pump works and some of the light switches work but not all. The pitot heat switch doesn't work. And the Gear switch doesn't respond. When you move the Saitek gear lever, you hear the sound but the gear in the plane doesn't move either up or down as the case may be. Good try Just Flight, you are getting closer but its not there yet. Keep fiddling with it.

Posted By: mikced76
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:55pm
well I also use the Saitek gear including the switch panel and use it through spad.next, no problem getting any knob or switch to work except the magneto switch and the fuel selector, cant get them to move in p3d with any spad.next command. Never seen this before with any Aircraft. Figured it had something to do with LVAR but the Arrow does not seem to be using that. Any idea?

mike    

Posted By: davenicoll
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:28pm
Hi Guys,

I have the same issue...Did you get this fixed and if so how?

Dave

Posted By: davenicoll
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
Take that as a no lol...

Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:55am
Unfortunately we don't have access to Saitek hardware or SPAD software for testing purposes, and we are not able to guarantee support for all variations of hardware. However we do support default controls/events where possible.

The simplest method for getting a list of all an aircraft's lvars is to use Doug Dawson's XML vars gauge, which provides the names and live values so you can see how they function -  http://www.douglassdawson.ca/" rel="nofollow - http://www.douglassdawson.ca/

The lvars have logical names so it should be quite easy to identify the values that you need.

The magneto selector can be set directly using the 'LEFT_LOWER_ignition' lvar (0-4 = off to start) or, in the case of the C152, using the MAGNETO_INCR and MAGNETO_DECR events. Triggering each event once will rotate the selector clockwise or anti-clockwise.

The fuel selector can be set directly using the 'LEFT_MISC_fuel_sel' lvar (0 = off, 1= left, 2 = right).

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Flyfish
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:54pm
I am running a mac and x-plane 11. All the switches on my Logitech switch panel work with the Arrow except the landing gear switch. Cant find a solution which is a pity as I really like the Arrow.

Posted By: wain
Date Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:11pm
I use a payware plugin in XP11 called Spad NEXT, looks abit complicated but seems to work for most of my stuff...

Posted By: Mithras
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:16am
I hope that the upcoming Duchess doesn't have this problem. I have a complete twin GA cockpit build, built around iPad instruments and Saitek switch panels and autopilot. I have it working with Saitek drivers and am able to fly A2A's cherokee and cessnas with it. I'm desperate for a study level twin, however because my cockpit is a twin set-up, and I'm pinning my hope on the Duchess! (I tried SPAD by the way, but I could not get the cool transponder setting to work on my Saitek radio panel).

Print Page | Close Window