Print Page | Close Window

Bugged scenarios with SDML?

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Trains
Forum Name: JT General Discussion
Forum Description: General discussion of Just Trains range of Rail/Train Simulator products
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31369
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:41pm

Topic: Bugged scenarios with SDML?
Posted By: tomwills98
Subject: Bugged scenarios with SDML?
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Just bought the SDML extension and there are two scenarios, one with the class 142 and the other with the class 68, that have no scenario description and no duration timer is shown as you select the scenario from the list. Both scenarios are from Cardiff to Newport, is anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: Found another 0 minute scenario with a FGW HST.

Replies:
Posted By: Pathfinder1`
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:56am
Yes I have problems, scenarios not working, only checked two so far, both did not work, I suppose that having been around since 1932 Jt will
say it must be my fault, maybe it is,
one was with HST,
Regards, Harry.

Posted By: Bill Walsh
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:04pm
I have also just purchased it and have several issues with the scenery. I have only tried one scenario and gave up because of the problems.
The HST from Plymouth to Taunton starts in Plymouth station and the AI cars appear and disappear randomly. They do not follow the roads.
Several times when over-bridges appear they are just black strips across the railway, with no side walls.
After leaving Newton Abbott and running around the coast you can see the sky and trees through gaps in the cliff faces, where there should be rock.
Some tunnel moths also have gaps showing random scenery where it should be rock or earth.
Following the coastal route, between Dawlish and Exeter some land appears in the sea with trees floating in mid-air, not attached to the ground.
This is when I gave up.
It appears to be another rushed release that has not been checked properly.
HAW SOON TO THE FIRST FIX?

Posted By: IBPTS
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:03pm
Encountered same glitches with all tunnels plus the scenery between Teighmouth & Starcross. Also Exeter st David station platforms and station infrastructure missing!   

Posted By: Voice of Reason
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Bill Walsh Bill Walsh wrote:

I have also just purchased it and have several issues with the scenery. I have only tried one scenario and gave up because of the problems.
The HST from Plymouth to Taunton starts in Plymouth station and the AI cars appear and disappear randomly. They do not follow the roads.
Several times when over-bridges appear they are just black strips across the railway, with no side walls.
After leaving Newton Abbott and running around the coast you can see the sky and trees through gaps in the cliff faces, where there should be rock.
Some tunnel moths also have gaps showing random scenery where it should be rock or earth.
Following the coastal route, between Dawlish and Exeter some land appears in the sea with trees floating in mid-air, not attached to the ground.
This is when I gave up.
It appears to be another rushed release that has not been checked properly.
HAW SOON TO THE FIRST FIX?

Certainly not a rushed release Bill, I can assure you of that.

That said we're aware of some issues, most of which have crept in as issues at the very end and we're working on sorting them as quickly as we can.  

As and when anyone finds a problem please do report it to our support team who can pass the detail on and keep you informed and help you to resolve the various issues.

Thank you.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by IBPTS IBPTS wrote:

Encountered same glitches with all tunnels plus the scenery between Teighmouth & Starcross. Also Exeter st David station platforms and station infrastructure missing!   

We know of this and it's being sorted at the moment.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Pathfinder1` Pathfinder1` wrote:

Yes I have problems, scenarios not working, only checked two so far, both did not work, I suppose that having been around since 1932 Jt will
say it must be my fault, maybe it is,
one was with HST,
Regards, Harry.

Why would we say it's your fault Harry?

If you have an issue and have found a problem we'll do what we can to help you.

Please contact our support team via www.justtrains.net/support and they will do all they can to help resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Posted By: tsmith5414
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:37pm
Buggy SDML Scenarios

Blocked at Dawlish Warren with a red light on my path and a red light ajacent occupied by a FGW HST stopped at the signal bridge.  Can't move.

-------------
Anthony Smith

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:51am
Hi, uninstalled all JT programs from Control Panel on Saturday,
reloaded all, starting with, Western main line, then Oxford Bicester,
South Devon Ext, then the rest, will take time to check, but so far seems OK, have completed, HST Plymouth to Taunton, run and scenery OK,
but I see 3 scenerios with 0 Duration. will check with support Monday.
Regards, Harry.

Posted By: Jellybean1956
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:10pm
I have found that scenery density slider has to be at maximum to show the signals and some posts at Taunton station only - all others show ok at lower settings.
A few gaps in tunnels allowing views of outside.
A 30mph limit showing going south from Exeter that does not come into effect until about a mile past it.
A point on a 100 mph stretch that has a limit of 40 mph (no signage or point incorrectly speed set)
A signal that stays green when passed on same section.

Have done the run from Plymouth to Paddington ok and return journey had error 0 just before Plymouth (usual TS issue lol)

So much for negatives it does give a wonderful impression of South Devon route so very pleased.

I'm sure these errors will be fixed at some point in time.

-------------
Jellybean1956 on Twitch

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Jellybean1956 Jellybean1956 wrote:

I have found that scenery density slider has to be at maximum to show the signals and some posts at Taunton station only - all others show ok at lower settings.
A few gaps in tunnels allowing views of outside.
A 30mph limit showing going south from Exeter that does not come into effect until about a mile past it.
A point on a 100 mph stretch that has a limit of 40 mph (no signage or point incorrectly speed set)
A signal that stays green when passed on same section.

Have done the run from Plymouth to Paddington ok and return journey had error 0 just before Plymouth (usual TS issue lol)

So much for negatives it does give a wonderful impression of South Devon route so very pleased.

I'm sure these errors will be fixed at some point in time.

Please report these findings to the support team:  www.justtrains.net/support and that way they will be logged and passed on to the appropriate people to be looked at. 

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:40am
The Long Haul South from Oxford to Plymouth is absolutely impossible I have found.
Despite editing this scenario a few times !st time resulted in AI train colliding with another and 2nd time resulted in a red signal at Totnes and hud saying 1.36 miles to Plymouth.
Original stops at BTM with red signal and have to save and reload to clear then a red after Teignmouth that won't clear at all.

-------------
Jellybean1956 on Twitch

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 5:34pm
Even with Hotfix 4 the Long Haul South is still completely broken due to the player train and a few AI ones having impossible routing.

-------------
Jellybean1956 on Twitch

Posted By: MartinRM
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:32pm
Hi, are these all fixed now as I was looking to buy this?
Thanks
Martin

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:03am
Hi, No they are not all fixed, just tried long haul south again, it is still as bad as ever. still ends the same, stop at red just before Totnes, it says you are 1.3 from Plymouth, then ends with a collision,
Its a long trip to take and then end like that,
then it tells you, you only stopped at 1/3 Destinations, there is only 2 stops, if you ever reach Plymouth, ( but I do not expect to live that long,) All three Western programs reinstalled 0n 0/5/17. after all fixes
maybe I am the only one having Problems, Regards, Harry.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:36pm
With the 1.11 version of WML and 1.06 of SDML the Long Haul South is finally possible - 2 reds to tab at BTW and 1 in Exeter but I can say it works now.

-------------
Jellybean1956 on Twitch

Posted By: MaDaK
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:15pm
not for me it hasn't

WML v113
OB v101
SDML v107
Paignton v102

and still i'm getting an AI crash near the end of the 4 hour route, it's infuriating
i'll screen the error message next time i can be bothered to fail it again

-------------
Life is too serious to take seriously.

Posted By: Stringbean
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 8:58am
Over one year on now,.has the above issues been fixed?? I'm thinking of buying. 

Posted By: Stringbean
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:09pm
Crikey, no wonder this whole forum is now a former shadow of itself compared to ten years ago when I was a regular here on the Flight Sim section of the forum. Nobody from JF will have the decency to answer my question despite me giving them lots of my money over the Christmas holidays.Unhappy

Print Page | Close Window