Print Page | Close Window

cockpit lighting

Printed From: Just Flight Forum
Category: Just Flight Products
Forum Name: PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
Forum Description: Discussion area for the PA-28 aircraft (PA-28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II)
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31285
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 7:11am

Topic: cockpit lighting
Posted By: bills2004svt
Subject: cockpit lighting
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 1:07am
Is it possible to get a separate dome and instrument light switches?

Replies:
Posted By: Martyn
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 8:25am
That is not currently a feature but it's something that we are looking into.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 12:58pm
Thank you for looking into this at a minimum is there a way to dim the red light?

Posted By: Maury2012
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 10:07am
Same probelm for the TB-20 Trinidad , I'm still waiting a solution for that

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 1:46pm
Dimmable/custom night lighting is not a feature that was advertised as being included for either the TB10/TB20 or PA28, however it is something that we are looking into.

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Posted By: Maury2012
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:21pm
would be enough to change the "ArrowVC_01_LM_C" files I tried that with a dds file editor, but saving him i get a lower resolution , unfortunately I do not have great abilities' in these things.
I hope can you do that in a future service pack.

Posted By: macwino
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 6:49pm
Adjustable lighting would be very much appreciated. The cockpit is way too bright when flying at night. 

I understand Just Flight says this isn't a feature. But the manual, at page 10, says the lighting is controlled by rheostat switches. And this is not the case. 

And the panel switch and the overhead switch duplicate each other. If you can't do rheostat switches, could you at least separate the panel lights from the overhead light?

Thanks,
Robert

Posted By: Seat7A
Date Posted: 22 May 2017 at 6:36am
Any progress about adjustable lightning?

Thanks
/Thomas

Posted By: mikjet
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:50am
Just bought the III/IV and loading 1st flight, that's the 1st thing that really bothered me. the light. I fly the PA28R in real life so I know how dark and comfy the cockpit is and only thing visible are the gauges, that's it.   

So is also causing the AI to be blurred. Plane has much potential, definitely. Needs more improvement and refinement, but definitely on right path.

A suggestion: if the 750 is used, is there a way to get rid of the G100?
would be nice to hover over gauges and get quick reading. for ex. this would come in handy for fuel. (A2A has that and so do others out there)

other things I noticed:   nagging pull to the left.

regards and thanks,
Michel.

Posted By: mlb406
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
Michel,

I am not aware of any way to remove the G100.

With regards to the nagging pull to the left, this is probably due to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-factor#Effects" rel="nofollow - P factor of the prop . You can use rudder trim to deal with it, or just use a bit more fuel from the left tank initially, balancing the aircraft, before going to a normal rotation between left and right tanks.

Hope this helps,

Max

-------------

Posted By: Seat7A
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 6:48am
Now the PA-28 Arrow have been updated to P3DV4 but it is the same ugly and unrealistic cabinlights. Why?

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:45pm
The Arrow has been updated to be compatible with P3D v4 but no new functionality, such as dynamic/spot lighting, has been added. Night lighting is something we are continuing to look into but I can't promise any new lighting features for the Arrow.

Thanks
Martyn

-------------
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 3:01pm
If it's possible can you signifigantly darken the light texture im sure customers would be happy with that. It is very difficult to use the panel at night.

Print Page | Close Window