Forum Name: HS 748 Propliner
Forum Description: Discussion area for HS 748 Propliner
URL: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31276
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:02pm

Topic: 2D Gauges and Autopilot
Posted By: drmagnumwolf
Subject: 2D Gauges and Autopilot
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 10:07pm
I have been busy these last few days building a 2D panel for the autopilot and the most important information for the Hs748. Especially because some of them are difficult to reach, even with TrackIr, and having to switch view each time is annoying. I did this based on the MEtroliner III 2D panel. 

You can see a few misplaced gauges and other weird stuff on the left, those are tests. The only thing that will stay, plus the pitot switches are the radio gauges and the HS748 gauge on the right.

So, I would like to ask, is anyone interested in this? It might take a few more days to finish, since I'm learning XML by the seat of my pants. LOL

Secondly,I would also like to ask JustFlight if this mod is ok to be published. I had to use a few textures from  the plane to make the 2D panel as close as possible to the AP. 

Replies:
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:46pm
Some more progress on the 2D gauge. 

Posted By: Rich
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 8:50pm
Hi,
Nice work. Feel free to publish with our blessing. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Just-Flight/15266573498" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:09am
Here's the latest update. I did notice a few bugs on the AP, and model itself :/ 

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:11am
Thank you! 

I still need to do a few things here and there, and then test it on a real flight to make sure I didn't mess up anything. LOL

Now, if we get an update on the BAC 1-11 it may get the same treatment as the HS748 Wink

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 9:02pm
UPDATE: 

Still working out a few issues here and there, but, I believe this is the final look of the gauge. I'll fly the plane a few times to check for any other issues and if everything is ok, I'll publish it shortly after. 

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:38pm
Just updating everyone, there's a bug on my gauge that causes a problem when you use the VS Wheel. I thought I had it sorted after I took the screenshot above, but alas, I was wrong. 

So, it might take a while until I sort it out. 
I'll keep you guys updated with the progress. 

Posted By: flyforever
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 1:25pm
Great work, and a very much needed mod. It'd be great if you can publish a tutorial on this, since a few other aircrafts could use 2d panels. I stopped flying the dc8 for this reason, since the autopilot was difficult to operate in VC.
tony

-------------
FV

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by flyforever flyforever wrote:

Great work, and a very much needed mod. It'd be great if you can publish a tutorial on this, since a few other aircrafts could use 2d panels. I stopped flying the dc8 for this reason, since the autopilot was difficult to operate in VC.
tony

I have to agree with you on that. Some really do need it. For someone knowledgeable this shouldn't be too difficult. And for me it wasn't that difficult. The only problem is the VS Wheel from the AP, that's what is delaying the release. 

Regarding the DC-8, you can try using a generic AP, it uses the default variables and EventID but it works well. Search on AVSIM for MK PFD, (My Mistake, you should search for M1000a, and you will find the MK PFD gauge from Michael K. Kelley, filename: m1000a_pfd.zip)

Then add this to your panel on the DC-8.  There's an ice gauge that I added out of pure curiosity to see how icing works on FSX and P3D. 

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=420,620
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=6
visible=0
ident=70
window_size= 0.170, 0.441
//window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=MK_PFD!MK_PFD,  0,0
gauge01=ICE!IceWarning,  320,525,96,96

For more hourly updates as  I try to solve the last problem on my gauge, go here. 

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/xml-gauges-and-schema.439467/

EDIT: Fixed the instructions on how to find generic gauge

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:31am
Just to let you guys know I managed to fix the issue, and I will now start a few flights to see if there's nothing wrong and I shall publish it. 

Thank you Rich for the blessings, and I (still writing the README) thanked you on the Readme. 

This should be out in a couple of days, if everything goes as planned!

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 3:17am
Just to let everyone know that I've uploaded the file to AVSIM, and I will share the link here when they publish it. 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 4:09pm
It is on AVSIM now! 

If anyone wants to give it a go. 

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=198712&CatID=fsxpan 

Posted By: flyforever
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:42pm
Great work! I just purchased the 748 and love the 2d gauge, without it one cannot fly the plane IFR.
One small issue for me regarding your 2d gauge is the panel size needed in order to read the some numbers.
For example, if the panel is reduced to less than  1/3 of the monitor size, the first digit of the Heading number is hidde when there are 3 digits.
One is , therefore, forced to keep the window as wide as possible in order to read all the numbers.

It would be great if this issue could be resolved in order to make the 2 gauge occupy a smaller space in the virtual cockpit.
Or perhaps, you can create just the autopilot gauge, since all the other controls can easily be accessed in the main vc.

tony

-------------
FV

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by flyforever flyforever wrote:

Great work! I just purchased the 748 and love the 2d gauge, without it one cannot fly the plane IFR.
One small issue for me regarding your 2d gauge is the panel size needed in order to read the some numbers.
For example, if the panel is reduced to less than  1/3 of the monitor size, the first digit of the Heading number is hidde when there are 3 digits.
One is , therefore, forced to keep the window as wide as possible in order to read all the numbers.

It would be great if this issue could be resolved in order to make the 2 gauge occupy a smaller space in the virtual cockpit.
Or perhaps, you can create just the autopilot gauge, since all the other controls can easily be accessed in the main vc.

tony
Thank you!!
What's the resolution you are playing? Can you share a screenshot so I can see it better? 
I'm planning to do an update on the gauge, but only after Just Flight releases the patch for the HS748. That way I can also check for any problems regarding the new autopilot. 

Posted By: flugkapitan911
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:04pm
Greetings,

Thank you for the HS748 autopilot gauge! I have now downloaded the HS748 with SP2. Going to hold off on installing it though, I see from other posts there seem to be some FDE issues.

Anyway, regarding the tip on how to add an autopilot window for the DC8's, do you have the name of the file at Avsim? A search of MD PFD doesn't bring up anything.

Regards,
Scott

-------------
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Date Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by flugkapitan911 flugkapitan911 wrote:

Greetings,

Thank you for the HS748 autopilot gauge! I have now downloaded the HS748 with SP2. Going to hold off on installing it though, I see from other posts there seem to be some FDE issues.

Anyway, regarding the tip on how to add an autopilot window for the DC8's, do you have the name of the file at Avsim? A search of MD PFD doesn't bring up anything.

Regards,
Scott

Sorry for the delay, I completelyforgot to check JustFlight's forums! 

Anyway, you can find it here, https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=m1000a&CatID=root&Go=Search

Filename:m1000a_pfd.zip
License:Freeware, limited distribution
Added:22nd December 2011, 03:23:06
Downloads:438
Author:Michael K. Kelley
Size:4235kb

The author doesn't give instructions on how to install it properly. But just add this to you panel.cfg. Remember to change the numbers for WINDOW!

[Window Titles]
Window01=MK_PFD

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=420,620
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=6
visible=0
ident=70
window_size= 0.170, 0.441
//window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=MK_PFD!MK_PFD,  0,0

Posted By: flugkapitan911
Date Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:45pm
Thank you!

Cheers,
Scott

-------------
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Print Page | Close Window